Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Werewolves ?

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,953 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    May we have some peace now as folks move on to something else? The toddler uproar was nothing compared to this, and it absolutely dominated the forums back in the day.

@Oldeseadogge get ready for werewolves to dominate the forum for quite some time. 😄

They already have been for more months (years?) than I can think of. Confess bafflement that such a loathsome creature would be all but venerated among simmers.

There's been a lot of talk of werewolves because we've had to wait years for them to finally be added to the game. You don't have to understand it. I don't understand the endless cries for improved babies and cars but I accept that they are important to others.

Also "loathsome creature"? huh?

Respectfully submit doing the research like I did.

With all due respect as well, it's a sandbox game. No rule says they have to be played according too lore. Some people want scary werewolves, some want fun werewolves. Realism in the game is fine if that's the way a player wants to approach their game. For some of us it's an anything goes fantasy world where real world precedents don't exist.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    May we have some peace now as folks move on to something else? The toddler uproar was nothing compared to this, and it absolutely dominated the forums back in the day.

@Oldeseadogge get ready for werewolves to dominate the forum for quite some time. 😄

They already have been for more months (years?) than I can think of. Confess bafflement that such a loathsome creature would be all but venerated among simmers.

There's been a lot of talk of werewolves because we've had to wait years for them to finally be added to the game. You don't have to understand it. I don't understand the endless cries for improved babies and cars but I accept that they are important to others.

Again, see my other comment? I DO know a lot of this stuff and werewolf lore is not homogenous at all between cultures and eras. (Besides, even if we just go the Hollywood monster route... so what?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No

With all due respect as well, it's a sandbox game. No rule says they have to be played according too lore. Some people want scary werewolves, some want fun werewolves. Realism in the game is fine if that's the way a player wants to approach their game. For some of us it's an anything goes fantasy world where real world precedents don't exist.

Am simply saying why I'm not a werewolf fan, perhaps the only one so inclined in simdom. To each their own.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No

Again, see my other comment? I DO know a lot of this stuff and werewolf lore is not homogenous at all between cultures and eras. (Besides, even if we just go the Hollywood monster route... so what?

You like 'em, I don't because of what they are and represent. Fully agree the lore is widely diverse. Just not something I want in own game. If you want them, the howl force be with you.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm definitely buying, but I want to wait and see the livestream and game changer content before I decide whether to preorder or wait for bug fixes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    IrateCorvidIrateCorvid Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yup. If not because I like werewolves and their fluffy look, then out of spite for the people on Twitter who've used the same three jokes ad-nauseum.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

i also hope the ep leak is true. sorry cat i'm just excited for that one cause i was the loner kid.

What EP leak?

The high school EP leak @Goldmoldar

Thanks for info. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Exactly as the lore can be used in different formats as Werewolves are fantasy just like Vampires that sparkle and for some that is acceptable. How a Werewolf looks, or acts is up to the user.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    flaresimsflaresims Posts: 30 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Of course I am buying it. I love werewolves <3
    𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓼
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Just waiting for it to download. I wish I could make pre-existing sims into werewolves, though. You know, in CAS. Not having to jump through hoops to turn them into one.
    Post edited by Kbobster on
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

It's deserved too. Could you imagine waiting for 8 years to get what has been a standard feature since the days of The Sims 2? The werewolf fans have been more than patient. Let them have their fun.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Kbobster wrote: »
    Before they make new packs, they need to fix CAS. It is so stupid that you can't save ANYTHING at all in CAS. I am so tired of making new sims or getting stuck with the ugly af sims the game generates. I am not buying another Sims Game until they fix that bug. And I say bug, because that is clearly a glitch. Surely, they don't charge $50+ for a life simulator with limited creator option.

I’m not having any problems saving sims in CAS. I just made some today and saved to my library. Maybe if you post in one of the help threads someone can help you figure out what’s wrong with your game.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

i also hope the ep leak is true. sorry cat i'm just excited for that one cause i was the loner kid.

What EP leak?

The high school EP leak @Goldmoldar

That one I don't get at all, but Swedish "high school" never was anything like American high school (at least according to movies and TV series). It was just... school. An University pack at least had some merit to it, but having to micro manage a teenager (which can't move away from home unless you are doing the full boarding school thing that is just not existent here) while also having adults at work, etc etc when it's just "going to school"...

Anyway, not trying to hijack a thread. Sorry.

technically i did. i had just"accidently" preorded when i saw some videos posted by a few game changers about the leak for hischool.and i got excited and forgot were only up to werewolves. but i would love both. i didn't answer the question because i felt bad for changing topics.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I would pre order but I don't think there's a pre order bonus for doing so. Kinda weird this GP even has a pre order option.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Undecided

There's even a few myths where werewolves are considered benevolent!
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

I'll be honest, I got tired of waiting for more gameplay for occult players months ago. The last pack I bought was Paranormal SP.

But a new occult is finally here: I'm happy but not excited, not yet :| I will keep my *happy dancing* for later.

Yes, I will pre-order this pack, but only after the official livestream: I just want to make sure that EA-Maxis will not try again to sell me an UNFINISHED pack (aka Wedding Fiasco Stories).
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,303 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    @emere wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that EA-Maxis will not try again to sell me an UNFINISHED pack (aka Wedding Fiasco Stories).

I'm sure they put all their energy in GP12 Werewolves that's why GP11 My Wedding Stories was neglected.

I prefer that way.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    emere wrote: »
    Yes, I will pre-order this pack, but only after the official livestream: I just want to make sure that EA-Maxis will not try again to sell me an UNFINISHED pack (aka Wedding Fiasco Stories).

they have done so for years now, and not just in the Sims franchise so i would not hold my breath if i were you and expect a broken unfinished mess like wedding stories (glad i didn't buy that considering what a mess it apparantly is ^_^ ). just don't pre order and wait untill they patch the inevitable gamebreaking bugs and faults because well... EA, the king of delivering rushed broken unfinished products :) just a friendly advice from a fellow gamer :D

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Undecided
    I never pre-order anything, so that's out.

I will do my usual of going offline while the inevitable carnage that the update will cause to mods is sorted out.

By then there will be so many posts and threads about the state of the pack and how good it is to play allowing me to make an informed decision as to whether it worth it to me.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm 99% sure I will but I'll make my final decision when I see the livestream.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Undecided
    Im so over all the super naturals in sims. I don't really care for them and was absolutely not happy to see this as the next pack.
    You can become a werewolf but you can't have spiral stairs or create a beautiful indoor natural stoneslap for walls! ...

IMO the game really need more creative building options and better intersocial gameplay before werewolves. The only feature that sounds a little interesting is the hidden tunnels, but as Sims 4 seems to disappoint in gameplay im not holding my breath. Im sure ill get the pack eventually, since I like to have all builds options and it looks fun with some used and destroyed items, but it want be for the werewolves I get it.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Already preordered, waiting patiently until 17 June <3:p
    6SziDcI.png
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I preordered it, the moment I saw the trailer and the fun mystery clues from the Gurus! It reminds me of what they did with Strangerville. They did similar things back then!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    No.

I'm not buying this pack. Not in the near future anyway....

I wrote an essay as to why I've decided that I won't be buying this pack, 'cause, I dunno...some of you may be surprised.
    I'M surprised....
    Anyway *sigh* ....here goes nothin':

I already bought it.
    🤡

oh my goodness! At first I was confused because I'm like wait I thought @CAPTAIN_NXR7 wanted werewolves! Then I was prepared to read a long essay of sorts.... hahaha
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MissNOFXMissNOFX Posts: 30 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I preordered days ago lol...bring on the spooky ;)