Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    From what I could make out on this small screen, it looks like werewolves will have digging abilities. Do they have enhanced skills at finding collectibles? Are we getting some new collections?

I love that they can run on all fours!! I was really hoping they would be able too. I want to go home and see that trailer again, but this time in hires sooo bad!

AH-OOOOOOO 🌕🐺

Yes! I am all about new collectibles!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Omg, if the tweets are accurate, then toddlers get “bitey” and you can teach them to howl! If true, then that’s SO CUTE! The little weretots/werepups! 🐺🍼👶🏼
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Hey guys. I'm only just getting to join the conversation, so I'm sorry if I repeat something. But it definitely looks like there will be toddler centric interactions!!! Like howling and maybe teething.

unknown.png?width=326&height=427

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2022
    This is... very White Wolf. As in the Tabletop Games.

So Fang vs Fur, definitely hinted att with all the "We hate vampires" objects (the punching bag, the destroyed paintings of vampires from the Vamp pack) but also a bit of Life is Strange (two girls with that particular style, that setting in general (small industrial town quite far from any larger city) and also of course well... Twilight, something the Vatores also hinted at (especially Caleb who was basically 100% a Twilight vamp).

But yes, it is VERY much White Wolf Games. Grunge yet in tune with nature, a mix between monster and guardian of the forests.

(also I think I have figured out what I'll do: I play with aging off anyway unless I deliberately want to age up Sims naturally, so all I'll do is to play rotationally for once and start a werewolf Sim IN that world. If I like the gameplay I will have my main Sim be bitten at some point).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Hey guys. I'm only just getting to join the conversation, so I'm sorry if I repeat something. But it definitely looks like there will be toddler centric interactions!!! Like howling and maybe teething.

The guru also said that toddlers will get “bitey” and you can “teach to howl”, which sounds like a new interaction?
    (She/her)
  • Options

The guru also said that toddlers will get “bitey” and you can “teach to howl”, which sounds like a new interaction?

I did see the part about getting "bitey" which is what makes me think of teething, but I didn't know about the "teach to howl."

That is so stinking adorable!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Okay new line of investigation: maybe the picture actually is NOT Vlad but its Greg as Vlads secret twin?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I wonder if you can turn normal Sim toddlers and children into Werewolves, or just teen and up. If a Werewolf toddler bites a normal toddler during a playdate... too much for the Sims?

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I did see the part about getting "bitey" which is what makes me think of teething, but I didn't know about the "teach to howl."

The guru tweeted “Teach to Howl” underneath the howling toddler pic, after tweeting about toddlers being “bitey”, so I’m hoping/assuming that is an actual interaction. It would be sooo cute!

Edited to add: A later tweet confirms that toddlers learn to howl from their were parents! :smiley: SO CUTE!
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2022

So Fang vs Fur, definitely hinted att with all the "We hate vampires" objects (the punching bag, the destroyed paintings of vampires from the Vamp pack) but also a bit of Life is Strange (two girls with that particular style, that setting in general (small industrial town quite far from any larger city) and also of course well... Twilight, something the Vatores also hinted at (especially Caleb who was basically 100% a Twilight vamp).

But yes, it is VERY much White Wolf Games. Grunge yet in tune with nature, a mix between monster and guardian of the forests.

(also I think I have figured out what I'll do: I play with aging off anyway unless I deliberately want to age up Sims naturally, so all I'll do is to play rotationally for once and start a werewolf Sim IN that world. If I like the gameplay I will have my main Sim be bitten at some point).

Crosspack Compatibility HAS been confirmed (you may need to click through to see the confirmation tweet though) so the Fang vs Fur could be a very real thing at this point....
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    A later tweet confirms that toddlers learn to howl from their wereparents! :smiley: SO CUTE!
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2022

The guru tweeted “Teach to Howl” underneath the howling toddler pic, after tweeting about toddlers being “bitey”, so I’m hoping/assuming that is an actual interaction. It would be sooo cute!

That would honestly be super cute if so. I don't play with families a whole lot but I know there are a bunch of people who like playing with occult families so this would be a great opportunity to have some unique occult-family gameplay.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Okay... Speculation time:
    Is the "wolf fish" just a fish like the vampire bat fish and the death fish, or is it an object like the kelp that can turn you? We already know you can turn by being bitten, but...

(Also, IRL the wolf fish is two different spechies, neither looking like a pike with a wolf head like the one in the trailer, obviously ;) . One is a saltwater fish living in cold water in the Atlantic, one is a sweetwater fish living in the Amazon delta).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

That would honestly be super cute if so. I don't play with families a whole lot but I know there are a bunch of people who like playing with occult families so this would be a great opportunity to have some unique occult-family gameplay.

It’s been confirmed that wereparents can teach their toddlers, YES! 😀👏

I’m so happy for more family gameplay and family CAS and B/B items!

The bed, the bassinet/crib, and now werepups/weretots acting up and howling? YES, I am here for this occult family content! Even if it’s small details, it really makes my day to see more little occult details combined with family play like this! 🤗

I’m disappointed that mermaids don’t get anything like a bassinet/crib, but I will use CC for that. I wish mermaid toddlers and children could have scales or something. (Will have to check if there’s any CC.)

Now that we have werewolves, my personal favorite occult set is almost complete. I just need fairies next! :smile: 🧚‍♀️
    (She/her)
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    plot twist- Greg is actually the blue haired girl in the trailer.....and she will rip your face off if you make fun of her name!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

I hope that modders can work with the coding to bring us hybrids. I can't wait to make me some Gangrels! >:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm just so thrilled with the way this pack looks. Love the grunge, the clothes, and especially, the Wolves! There are so many fantastic details I can't grasp it all.

Thank you Devs!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member

That is the cutest toddler sim, ever!
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I LOVE IT OMG IT’S MORE AWESOME THAN I EXPECTED OMG LOSS FOR WORDS SORRY FOR SCREAMING IN YOUR EYES BUT OMG ❤️❤️❤️

Was at work when trailer came out, didn’t care I was working, watched it anyway up until a customer came and asked for help and he must have thought I was nuts cause I went “omg yes ofc it’s so awesome ofc you’re gonna get help everything is so amazing!” *huge grin on face*

I can’t wait! And it’s gonna be released for my next 5 day weekend off 🥲 I’m crying happy tears on the inside cause the goofy grin on my face is weird enough for people around me.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options

It’s been confirmed that wereparents can teach their toddlers, YES! 😀👏

I’m so happy for more family gameplay and family CAS and B/B items!

The bed, the bassinet/crib, and now werepups/weretots acting up and howling? YES, I am here for this occult family content! Even if it’s small details, it really makes my day to see more little occult details combined with family play like this! 🤗

I’m disappointed that mermaids don’t get anything like a bassinet/crib, but I will use CC for that. I wish mermaid toddlers and children could have scales or something. (Will have to check if there’s any CC.)

Now that we have werewolves, my personal favorite occult set is almost complete. I just need fairies next! :smile: 🧚‍♀️

I just saw the tweet!!!! Too cute!!!!!!!

And I am super happy that the unique occult-family gameplay exists! I might have to actually include some Werepups!!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    What I don't get is why it's so important to EA to be so secretive about their next releases? This isn't a movie with a twist ending. We can speculate wildly just fine without secretive hints about the full moon.

It's a video game, and most video games are pretty open about what they're developing. Maybe they don't know the exact day something is coming out or they can't show you gameplay but they can tell you "Hey, we're working on Gangs," or "Hey, we're creating Russia." They don't leave you just on edge, because they don't NEED to.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2022
    Not sure if this has already been posted but it looks like we got all the CAS/Build/Buy stuff here

Not a huge fan of the lack of masculine clothes/hairstyles. Kinda hate that I'm also used to that.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    It's slightly freaking me out with all this talk of Greg. Whos Greg? Well my husband is named Greg and that's all I can think of when I hear the name Greg. lol It's not a common name or at least not in TX. It would be funny if this Greg character is supposed to be the cranky human hermit with all those keep away signs because my Greg is very much a cranky old human. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    What a wonderful thing to wake up to 🙌 I'm somehow even more excited than before! Are the werewolves giving "furry convention"? Are they giving "fursona"? Perhaps "Original OC Do Not Steal"? Absolutely. But honestly that doesn't bother me so much 😂 These are hands-down (...paws-down?) my favorite version of werewolves in the Sims franchise thus far! I'm so stoked to see all the gameplay involved and to see that gorgeous world!

TL;DR: AWOOOOOO 🐺🌕
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top