Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    That looks like a standard EU town to me. I am 100% serious when I say I don't see anything that stands out in that image compared to a crosswalk in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen...

idk, I feel like the french wear alot less leisurewear and trainers as regular clothes!

Anybody know when the kits are being released today??

Just pointing out that a sneaker is a sneaker even if it's black. Or pink. :smiley:
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2022
    When are the kits being released today, does anybody know? Can't wait for Little Campers.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    In 2 hours and 15 minutes.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,055 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I like a few of the items from the Moonlight Chic kit, it's difficult to tell exactly what they look like because the image is not very high quality.

One thing that bothers me though is that there are so many crop tops. I know that Maxis tends to make a lot of crop tops but this is too much.

The little campers kit looks nice, it looks like they put in a lot of effort into making the items look unique.

Oh yes, please stop with the crop tops! I'm tired of seeing everyone and their granny running around in clothes most people over 25 wouldn't wear! Enough! It's great that they're there for teenagers and uni-students, but now make us clothes for people over 30.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today's The Day!!!!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Why is the blanket fort so big again tho :(

To be fair as little as I care about children gameplay in the Sims, this is one thing I wished for as a kid: a proper enormous blanket fortress.

Right! I think over time our goal was always to get bigger and bigger. We even started making rooms in the forts. Eventually I remember once making a fort that took up almost the whole living room. My mom was NOT happy about it, lol. We were so upset when we had to take it down.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    So funny.
    I rember taking up a room with my cardboard forts lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Well I don't see a lot of people wearing cargo pants here in France right now.....
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

I think there is a huge misunderstanding because it's "Paris" and people have very weird expectations like it's "high fashion" or whatever. It's just standard street fashion in France, not High Fashion and not meant to be.

French people do not have better fashion sense than anywhere else.

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

Totally agree. Was so confused when I saw the pics, they don't suggest to me anything about moonlight or chic. Seems very everyday wear with the exception of the sparkly top and necklaces.

As I said, it seems to be a huge misunderstanding, people expecting something else than normal European evening fashion worn by common folk.

I think I definitely got the wrong impression; "Moonlight Chic" to me suggested party wear or city nightlife attire. I do like many of the pieces but I'm a bit underwhelmed, based on what my personal expectation was. That said, the slip dress might be worth the cost of the kit all by itself (at least for me).
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Random, and not high on the priorities to fix by any means, but anyone notice the Bigfoot Stuffie is one simoleon? The price for those big ones is usually between 90 (Big Puds and Ruffy Schnugglekins) and 425 (Uni).
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    The Moonlight Chic actually has a couple of pieces that I like. Not enough for me to buy it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Little Campers is a cute kit and many of the items and swatches look good, but I'm not sure how much I'd use them. Except that super cute Yeti game :bawling:<3
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Are the new kits not showing up for anyone else in the origin store? I’ve tried everyone logging out, closing down my laptop and they are not there to purchase
  • Options
    netney52 wrote: »
    Are the new kits not showing up for anyone else in the origin store? I’ve tried everyone logging out, closing down my laptop and they are not there to purchase

I don't see them either. Are they not showing up in Europe until Friday?
  • Options

I don’t know I live in the uk I thought they were out today. Usually in the uk they release the same time as USA
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I'm in Europe and could buy it just fine.

Absolutely ADORE this kit, hands down the best one yet. There is a lot of stuff here and it all works just great. Really beautiful swatches and regardless of whether you even have kids there's things in here to use. The kitty radio and chairs will be in all my homes along with the outdoor table and lamps. It's all beautiful. So happy with this kit!
  • Options

I don’t know I live in the uk I thought they were out today. Usually in the uk they release the same time as USA

Ah, If I START the game they are listed on the front page. ORIGIN does not list them at all.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    I didn't see them listed under the Sims kits in the Origin store so I went to my library in Origin, clicked on sims 4 and then kits tab and they were there.
  • Options
    Ah crap. Clicked the wrong thing, bought the Little Camper kit twice.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,929 Member

Giveaway time! 😄
  • Options
    They come up on the kit part in the main screen but it won’t let me buy them. I’ll try again tomorrow and see if the issue clears.
  • Options

Giveaway time! 😄

Well it wasn't too bad, I paid $20 for three packs instead of $15 I guess. (I bought the Marocco inspired on too, I didn't have that one).
  • Options
    Okay I officially love the Moonlight Chic stuff. FINALLY a modern cut t-shirt for one thing. 99.9% of all the tees in the game are like from 2015 and soooo dated. And all the other new tops are definitely good looking and modern. Bottoms less good except for the one pair of pants. The dress is amazing...