Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Are the new kits not showing up for anyone else in the origin store? I’ve tried everyone logging out, closing down my laptop and they are not there to purchase

I don't see them either. Are they not showing up in Europe until Friday?

I don’t know I live in the uk I thought they were out today. Usually in the uk they release the same time as USA

Ah, If I START the game they are listed on the front page. ORIGIN does not list them at all.

It's weird how Origin doesn't show them for us. I had to buy them through the game's main menu page. No problem, I guess - just that initial sadness when you think you can't buy them yet :D
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I didn't see it on Origin either. I used the Origin search to find Moonlight Chic and it brought it up. When I clicked it to buy it, it then showed the Little Campers one and I was able to buy that as well.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    @simgirl1010 I had that with that top but I thought it was the cc skirt I had my model wearing that was the issue. Obviously not, a bit of a bummer but it doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for that kit.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh goodie it's nice to come home to new things to download a lot of the new stuff is really cute.
    y5beFPg.png
    The new activity table.
    ln1axc8.png
    Only the top and glasses are from the knew kit but nice to mix and match.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that one of Simstrouble's hairs on your model? She looks fabulous btw!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Are the new kits not showing up for anyone else in the origin store? I’ve tried everyone logging out, closing down my laptop and they are not there to purchase

I don't see them either. Are they not showing up in Europe until Friday?

I don’t know I live in the uk I thought they were out today. Usually in the uk they release the same time as USA

Ah, If I START the game they are listed on the front page. ORIGIN does not list them at all.

It's weird how Origin doesn't show them for us. I had to buy them through the game's main menu page. No problem, I guess - just that initial sadness when you think you can't buy them yet :D

Origin is stop selling new add on's for the sims.The new add on's will be on the EA app
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @DaniRose2143 You are correct, ha thanks she's adorable.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 You are correct, ha thanks she's adorable.

I wasn't sure, but I thought I recognized it. She has some awesome hairs! I was pleasantly Surprised when I started seeing pics of that kit so I broke down and bought it.
  • Options
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

This is largely a guess, but I'm not sure the devs hearts were really in that kit. I've felt lately that the CAS kits are just being made because, well we always make them. Not because they really want to. Someone in marketing is driving this. Their saying CAS kits are the big sellers among kits, but that's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know the sales figures for each kit, but five of the 11 kits so far have been entirely CAS, and mostly geared towards women. Each BB kit has had a singular theme, and yes so have the CAS kits, but those CAS kits have just been adding to the most saturated aspect of the game. I think someone In marketing just looks at the numbers, says female centric items are the big sellers, because they are the majority of what's offered, so they tell the devs to make more clothing for women. I'm guilty of doing my part to perpetuate that by buying everything they offer up.

I think the devs want to expand out and do new and different themes for kits but the higher ups, driven by the bottom line and self-fulfilling prophecy, are demanding that they produce more kits around women's fashion. I'm guessing at that, but I'm with you on the larger point, from what I've seen it's not making me feel like I must have it. It's really uninspired, and I think the devs are burnt out on making that kind of kit.

Twenty-four hours later, my theory about the devs heart not being in making CAS kits....got torpedoed! They really nailed Moonlight Chic. Sure the trousers could have been better, there should have been more for the men, but overall this was really excellent quality and I will be getting a lot of use out many of the pieces. I stand corrected.

• Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

This is largely a guess, but I'm not sure the devs hearts were really in that kit. I've felt lately that the CAS kits are just being made because, well we always make them. Not because they really want to. Someone in marketing is driving this. Their saying CAS kits are the big sellers among kits, but that's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know the sales figures for each kit, but five of the 11 kits so far have been entirely CAS, and mostly geared towards women. Each BB kit has had a singular theme, and yes so have the CAS kits, but those CAS kits have just been adding to the most saturated aspect of the game. I think someone In marketing just looks at the numbers, says female centric items are the big sellers, because they are the majority of what's offered, so they tell the devs to make more clothing for women. I'm guilty of doing my part to perpetuate that by buying everything they offer up.

I think the devs want to expand out and do new and different themes for kits but the higher ups, driven by the bottom line and self-fulfilling prophecy, are demanding that they produce more kits around women's fashion. I'm guessing at that, but I'm with you on the larger point, from what I've seen it's not making me feel like I must have it. It's really uninspired, and I think the devs are burnt out on making that kind of kit.

Twenty-four hours later, my theory about the devs heart not being in making CAS kits....got torpedoed! They really nailed Moonlight Chic. Sure the trousers could have been better, there should have been more for the men, but overall this was really excellent quality and I will be getting a lot of use out many of the pieces. I stand corrected.

Lol, it all worked out for you in the end!

I really like all of the shorts. I am just not sure if I like them for 5 bucks. I have to go through and see refresh my brain on the shorts I already have. But that longer pair calls out to me.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm going to buy Little Campers this weekend, but before I do...

Do most of you leave the kit items set up in your Sims' backyards, or do you move them into household inventory and set them up when you want your families to enjoy a backyard campout? Some of the items seem like things that you'd have in your backyard most of the time (fire pit, benches) and others seem like things you wouldn't have out in your yard all the time (blanket fort, folding chairs).

What do you think?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Right now I have a separate version of the lot (in my case, Casbah Gallery, set up for a summer Family Filmfest) saved in my library. It will replace the default lot when it's time for Filmfest, and afterward I'll put back the regular version.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wow! Now that's a Camper. Way cool. ;)B)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Thanks @catloverplayer that's an awesome build! Gonna download and place in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2022
    Eventually I'll get around to purchasing Little Campers. The items look great and go with my playstyle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tRA1tbc8JM

However, I really want a Stuff Pack or something for slumber parties and a new event to throw slumber parties. Include an option for the parent to be able to tell the kids it's time for bed so everyone isn't up all night. Add some fun gameplay.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Eventually I'll get around to purchasing Little Campers. The items look great and go with my playstyle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tRA1tbc8JM

However, I really want a Stuff Pack or something for slumber parties and a new event to throw slumber parties. Include an option for the parent to be able to tell the kids it's time for bed so everyone isn't up all night. Add some fun gameplay.

Yep and with Sleeping Bags.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Dont know why I thought the movie screen would be ok left outside.....turns out it breaks like a regular tv. I thought it was specially designed for outdoors use?
    (not that I mind too much. Im currently doing a rags to riches to see how many skills my sim can get living in Magnolia park! I added some extras like, a couple of campsites, yoga lessons, movie screenings, etc so she is gaining handiness skills every time the tv breaks in the rain!LOL).
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thanks for sharing that camper! @catloverplayer
    Going to save that to my gallery for later
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that camper! @catloverplayer
    Going to save that to my gallery for later

You're welcome.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member