Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Neighborhood Stories; Opinion

FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What is your opinion on the new neighborhood stories update to TS4? Depending on the comments, I might decide to share my probably unpopular opinion.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    You might want to check out this thread. Plenty of opinions. Both positive and critical.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995319/introducing-neighborhood-stories-bringing-new-life-to-the-neighborhood/p1
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited December 2021
    I love it, so my Sims' older kids who will move out later on will get their careers, partners and/or kids on their own and I don't have to play them.

So far I've only had it happen one time yet. My Sim's toddlers' nanny changed jobs because she asked my Sim if she would "take another opportunity" or something like that. I think I answered "I don't know" or something lol. The next two days or something, a new nanny arrived. I feel sad, she'd been their nanny for a long time. The new nanny is like bored all the time. But then that's like in real life, people come and go.

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited December 2021
    Pretty indifferent personally. Its novel for now, but soon will be a pain in the rump like most Sims 4 phone based things become. When I grow tired of getting calls all the time (as my generations progress and my active house knows and/or is related to, most of the Sims save) Hopefully the Sims dev team working on it will give us options for how invasive NS will be so that we can opt out of things that annoy us or turn it off all together if we want to have a break from it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    in case anyone was wondering what would happen

expand-family-1.png

expand-family-2.png

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd be so annoyed to have an NPC loose their role that way. Making them over is a pain in the behind already.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2021
    Okay, I officially really like it, despite phone spamming for multiple reasons.
    Tina Tinker has been a really helpful friend with all her maker tips, plus she has a key, so she's always around.

My sim was pregnant and Tina called asking if she should have a baby.
    Perfect timing.
    12-21-21_6-42-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-21-21_7-02-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Yuna's son can have Tina's child as a playmate and friend.
    12-21-21_7-19-45_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had no intention of actually playing Tina, so it's nice to be able to influence her progression without actually playing the household.
    12-21-21_7-39-34_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It’s nice, I just find it annoying when sims with the “Family Oriented” trait adopt kids or have babies one after the other like a factory, it’s a bit too much. Some of my non-played families ended up with 4 toddlers or like 4 babies in a matter of sims days.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    My sims are always sad bc people keep dying. I unchecked death by accident but I'm still having soooo much death. Must be a glitch.
  • Options
    sofalusofalu Posts: 3 New Member
    My neighbourhood stories are out of control in terms of babies... soo many households have three or more babies, toddler, kids all of a sudden! I like the idea of my worlds "growing" but there are also households that I had other plans for than ending up with quadruples. So that part is a bit messy in my opinion. In terms of Sims changing jobs it's also a bit all over the place, which I don't mind that much.
  • Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    I think it's pretty buggy and wasn't really worked through all the way before it was released. Stories progress to fast. In hindsight the idea is good but. I don't think it was well executed.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I loved the thought of it when it was initially announced. Sadly, I had to disable it. Part of this decision was because of the bug that prevented saving if you had some of the options checked (ahs this been repaired?) Another part of it was that it is way overtuned. My game was filling up with babies and toddlers as if it was attempting to give a child to every adult sim and to fill some of the households. Also, a large number of those children seemed to be either adopted or children that single sims had with random townies, which I wasn't too thrilled about. I do wish sims would actually form couples on their own before acting like baby factories or orphanages...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Have mine completely turned off as well, and also use a mod to stop the phone calls.

The whole baby/child birth and adoption (and pets) was happening so ridiculously often (and placing these kids in with households whose houses did not have room to accommodate all of these additional people). It literally made no sense! I can not stand things like this so off it went.

Even though I never wanted any type of story progression, after reading about the options and customization, I was intrigued because it sounded really good on paper, but like with all things TS4, it was turned up to 11 (extreme level).

When it's like that, nothing is special, meaning it happens sooooo frequently that it's just more annoying rather than "Ohhh how cute! The Such-n-Such family just had a baby!"

Now it's more like "Really?!! You needed to adopt another kid because the 3 you adopted last week weren't enough and your little 2 bedroom house isn't feeling like a sardine can enough for you?"
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2022
    Have mine completely turned off as well, and also use a mod to stop the phone calls.

The whole baby/child birth and adoption (and pets) was happening so ridiculously often (and placing these kids in with households whose houses did not have room to accommodate all of these additional people). It literally made no sense! I can not stand things like this so off it went.

Even though I never wanted any type of story progression, after reading about the options and customization, I was intrigued because it sounded really good on paper, but like with all things TS4, it was turned up to 11 (extreme level).

When it's like that, nothing is special, meaning it happens sooooo frequently that it's just more annoying rather than "Ohhh how cute! The Such-n-Such family just had a baby!"

Now it's more like "Really?!! You needed to adopt another kid because the 3 you adopted last week weren't enough and your little 2 bedroom house isn't feeling like a sardine can enough for you?"

My thoughts on this feature. I have nothing more to add.

@SerraNolwen: That bug has been repaired by now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm fine with it, works wonders for me, just the way I like it. : )
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Disabled in mine.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison