Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Welcome to the forums, @Namid020!

You may want to check out this thread, which is a recent "your favorite mods" topic.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Avation wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new to the forum but have been playing TS4 regularly for the past 4 years. I'm currently waiting to post a new thread:

I have a piece of custom content I found: Nysha's "Free, No Obligation!" british window set (https://modthesims.info/d/584075/quot-free-no-obligation-quot-window-set.html) and I love it... But... It is for the Sims 2. Is there a way anyone/ me could easily convert it or replicate it to fit with the new Sims 4. Course, my game crashes with it now.

Also, the website above linked is >not< the one I desire the CC file to be from. This is: http://simfil.es/2683706/
    It is the clear glass edit.

Thank you!

Hey. Welcome to the forum! You might want to post your request to the mod and CC section to get more interest. There are some request threads open, so you don’t need to be able to start one.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • Options
    xanhduongbavuongxanhduongbavuong Posts: 6 New Member
    I think beginner can use mods/custom content freely, there's nothing can break your game so much. But I warn about cheating money by console or mods, because everytime I cheat in any game, I quit them very soon. A little challenge makes life spicy !!!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Welcome to the forum @xanhduongbavuong and I completely agree!!

• Options
    XoNiqueSimXoNiqueSim Posts: 1 New Member
    WELCOME TO ALL NEWCOMERS. I AM NEW TO THE GROUP BUT I DEFINITELY HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED SIMS & LOVE THAT SO MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE PLAYING NOW. THE GAME HAS DEFINITELY EVOLVED AND I LOOK FORWARD TO READING AND HEARING FROM YOU ALL!.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum @XoNiqueSim :)

• Options
    LibbyWatersLibbyWaters Posts: 10 New Member
    Personally, I love the lore of the Sims and how everyone is interconnected in town. It might take some imagination on your part, but you can make up a super dramatic story between townies if you want.
  • Options
    Personally, I love the lore of the Sims and how everyone is interconnected in town. It might take some imagination on your part, but you can make up a super dramatic story between townies if you want.

I agree. Some people delete all townies, but I leave them for just that reason. Now, game generated randoms are fair game! And, welcome to the forum!

• Options
    Hi @Verity15 welcome to the forum :)

• Options
    GjumaTheGodGjumaTheGod Posts: 11 New Member
    My tips on how to get rich fast without cheats is:

Get your Vampire Lore skill up to 15 and Mixology to 10. Then invite 7 sims to your house, lock them all into a room.
    In a nother room, you have a bar. Mark everyone as a group and then start making The Ultimate Vampire Cure. Each time you get 8 drinks.
    One drink is worth a lot of simolions.

It will take some time first, to get the skills to the top and to plant Garlic, Wolfsbane and Plasma fruit in order to make the drink.
    Once you have that going and your skills are up. CHING CHING, you're gonna be rich in no time.

Never seen anyone make a video about this, if you do. Make sure to give Gjuma The God some props.
  • Options
    Chezombie86Chezombie86 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi there, I have been on these forums for ages, but I cannot start a new thread. Also I obviously know the rules, as read them before, but when I tried to open the page, it says 'permission denied' so I am wondering if this has something to do with me being unable to start my own thread?.

I want to start a thread about Maxis made family legacy stories, but for some reason I cannot.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I want to start a thread about Maxis made family legacy stories, but for some reason I cannot.

You need to get to "Member" rank before you can start a new thread, you are just a "New Member" right now. Unless it has changed, you need 50 points and to have made 30 posts to get to New Member. You're currently at 11 points and 5 posts. (Your account also has to be at least 24 hours old...but you're years old at this point).

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Hi and welcome @Chezombie86 :) I gave you an awesome to help you out. I like family/legacy play with the premades too!
  • Options
    BerrypichuBerrypichu Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone, I’ve been playing sims 4 since it’s release! I haven’t gotten involved in the community until now. Though I do post in the gallery often and have met so many amazing people with similar interests as me. For any new comers who want to build a following on your gallery or become active in the challenges, definitely leave comments, favorites, and follows on other peoples sims to really make those connections. If you’re into the creating sims aspect of the game the gallery has so many different kinds of sims made by excellent simmers. :smile:
    My gallery: https://tinyurl.com/Berrypichu
    。◕ ‿ ◕。
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited April 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

You need to get to "Member" rank before you can start a new thread, you are just a "New Member" right now. Unless it has changed, you need 50 points and to have made 30 posts to get to New Member. You're currently at 11 points and 5 posts. (Your account also has to be at least 24 hours old...but you're years old at this point).

@Chezombie86 and @Stormkeep, the requirements for membership is now 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums

Edit to say that since you have the 24 hour old account and the 25 points as I went and handed out some likes and awesomes on your post, so all you need to do is make 10 more comments in existing threads and then you should meet membership requirements. Once you get your 15 posts, try logging out of your account and back in for the membership status to take place... :smiley:
  • Options
    StelkakebabStelkakebab Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I’m new to the sims forums. I’ve been playing sims since The Sims 1 came out, but have never needed assistance with it as I know find help by trawling Google. However, with this new aspirations thing, I have my sims be an extreme sports enthusiast with the”Snowy Escape” pack, however, I’m struggling to have the, endure an injury whilst snowboard, skiing or rock climbing, the blogs I’ve seen sat it happens quite often, but my sims are now are skill level 9 for rock climbing and 6 for both skiing and snowboarding and they don’t seem to want to fall over and get injured, just increase their skill level. Have I done something wrong? Is there a trick to this?
  • Options
    sizesksizesk Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new, I played The Sims 4 a few years ago and a few days ago I started again.

I hope to find some interesting ideas here :)
  • Options
    Hi and welcome @sizesk and @Stelkakebab and @Berrypichu :)
  • Options
    Thatsimsgirl96Thatsimsgirl96 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I had wanted to post a new thread, but I can't seem to do that. So, I guess I'll just ask my question here and see if anyone responds.
    Does anyone know where I can find some cheering animations? Not cheerleading, audience cheering, if that makes sense. I have tried googling, but everything is cheerleading related. Some help would be appreciated, thank you.
    - Thatsimsgirl96
  • Options
    Gene_L1Gene_L1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't enter any districts in City Living in Sims 4 and other ones from previous expansion packs :( I travel to them locations by walking but it gets me nowhere. I'm angry about the situation. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Hi, I had wanted to post a new thread, but I can't seem to do that. So, I guess I'll just ask my question here and see if anyone responds.
    Does anyone know where I can find some cheering animations? Not cheerleading, audience cheering, if that makes sense. I have tried googling, but everything is cheerleading related. Some help would be appreciated, thank you.
    - Thatsimsgirl96
    -
    Welcome to the forum. I’m not aware of the kind of mod you need, but you might want to post your question in the mod sub forum here. There is a thread there for requests and you won’t need to start a new one.

Gene_L1 wrote: »
    I can't enter any districts in City Living in Sims 4 and other ones from previous expansion packs :( I travel to them locations by walking but it gets me nowhere. I'm angry about the situation. :(

Hi, and welcome. I don’t know if you’re new to the game, so forgive me if I’m telling you something you already know. This game has semi-closed worlds. To travel to a different neighborhood in the world, you use the same travel method as you do between worlds: select the sim’s phone, select travel, and select a lot in neighborhood you want to visit. It will pop up a loading screen, then take you there. Or, you can go back to the map view of the world and select a different neighborhood.

If you know all that, and it’s just not working, what are the details of the travel failure?
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

I agree. Some people delete all townies, but I leave them for just that reason. Now, game generated randoms are fair game! And, welcome to the forum!
    I was playing one sim. She was at a club husband hunting, she found someone and was talking to him. When from the corner of my eye I saw a cutie. I'm wait who's this? And was I surprised that it was my vampire from another save. That never happened to me before. She wound up marrying him. I didn't know the game will take sims from your library and put them in a new save.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Verity15 wrote: »
    Hello

I'm new

I'm Verity.

I just started playing the Sims 4 last week and I'm totally loving it so far

I love the creative side of it and love to create lots of different people

Welcome !!!