Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you ever get stuck

playing the same family and same word forever, I just keep going back to the same family and same world and don't know why. I even have the same family I had in sims 2 and remade them in Sims 3 and even while I tried out sims 4. Can't seem to go to another family, I did the A to Z with my family years ago and made it all the way to Zackery, with no cheating ageing up anyone. Sometimes I wish I got hooked on another family. Any one playing your same family over and over for years.

Comments

• Options
    elleskyheartelleskyheart Posts: 69 Member
    Sometimes. When I get attached, I find myself not able to let them die and either stop playing or go to an older file. I think it makes sense you are attached. I find it amazing that you've not only played with the same family for so long, but also in the same area. I sadly get a bit bored of the same area. I need to do what you do and get more attached. Anyway, I think it's cool that you're attached to the same family. Maybe if you really want to go to a new one, make one similar or just do a new safe? I think the former though may help. Like make them different enough, but similar so that you like playing as them.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @elleskyheart thanks for your input, perhaps if I made another sim and give him the same skills and see what happens.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited March 2022
    Believe me, I’m hooked with one particular sim. River McIrish. And in my games she’s only ever with Haruo since they’re inseparable. I got through the founder’s generation, couldn’t bear to see them turn into “elders” the way EA made them (frail and shuffling around with a cane” so I killed them off. I swore it was the last time I was ever going to kill my main family off.
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    Screenshot-88.jpg
    The driver's spouse was still breathing and Parker realized that it was his classmate, River... "oh...dear god...", he mouthed. The fact that her chest pushed in...and there was little resistance meant that her ribs were shattered. And it was more than likely that she had severe internal injuries. Her breathing was shallow...and her pulse rate was erratic.

"Stay with me, River...you're going to be all right..." Parker demanded.

She coughed weakly, "...Parker...no...brakes..." she managed to get out... "He pumped...brake...pedal...no...brakes."

Parker's blood ran cold. This wasn't a regular vehicle accident, this was murder. It could only mean one thing..."Your brake-line was cut?" he asked. River's eyelids fluttered, she was fading... "Dam it!!! River...stay with me...please...Stay with me..."

"Har-u-o..." River weakly whispered..."My...husb-"

Parker had a lump in his throat a mile wide.

Det. Bunch checked on Haruo's pulse. He shook his head at Miraj. "No pulse...He's gone..."

Parker knew that his attempts to make River stay with him were in naught...her pulse was fading and she was shivering. "My...Hus..band..." her voice was just a whisper.

Parker's eyes spilled over as he tried to get his voice out through the enormous logjam in his throat, "I'm sorry...River...I'm...so sorry..." he whispered to her. "He's gone...but you're still here...you need to live...for your kids..." he tried to give her something to hold on to.

She coughed weakly again...her breath watery, "Kids...grown...I'm going...with...Haru..."

No...River...no...Please..." There was still a part of Parker that loved River and he was devastated, "No...you can't..."

"My...husb..."

She went limp in his arms...coughing out blood...as the life left her. "No...RIVER!!!!" Parker wouldn't let her go; he held her tight to him, cleaning off the corner of her mouth of blood, all the while whispering: "no...River...no...no..." was all that he could repeat.

Screenshot-89-blood.jpg

Nope never killing my main characters ever again.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I play my self-sim's big family (a couple of households), but sometimes it's fun to create new sims and let them start families. A generation or so later there might be sims from those families that will make nice spouses for sims from my family. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Maybe one reason you keep going back to the same family is precisely because you've been playing them for so long, and a part of you goes into them. I know it's like that for me.

It's not a family I'm attached to, but rather just my two "main" Sims. If memory serves, they've been around since 2016, and I still could never bear to let them go. In fact, they've been with me through university, which was a challenging period that saw me move to another country. Now that I'm home and I've started work, they've come back with me too.

They've lived many different lives - David here has gone from lifeguard to firefighter....
    Bvan4sX.jpg

Ir3cLPy.jpg

Whereas Martin has gone from forensic scientist, to self-employed painter, to doctor....
    kooOIu8.jpg

TpCSlz2.jpg

The other thing about sticking with the same Sims for long periods is that my headcanons about them (i.e. how I imagine their personalities, likes/dislikes etc) have developed over time. And this only makes me more attached to them since they've started feeling more and more like real people.

Maybe others can relate? :)
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer @Cororon @TinySpaceFox Thanks for your post, I too love my sim family that I play. Once I had a sim dog in the family and I loved him so much. when he got old and died I cried, funny I want a dog in the family but I keep remembering how I felt when the other one died. Wow I guess I get really attached to my Sim families. I will say. I do love the sims. Have played them from sims 1. It kind of helps me to relax. And the time goes by so fast. Have fun all. the Sims are awesome
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 2022
    Often with ts1 and 3 i would keep creating same kind of boring family over and over with same kind of characters cause idk what else no inspo

ts2 and ts4 less so because premades interest me enough to play with them instead so i can play bunch of different sims and stories without ever needing to invent too much on my own
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Sometimes. When I get attached, I find myself not able to let them die and either stop playing or go to an older file. I think it makes sense you are attached. I find it amazing that you've not only played with the same family for so long, but also in the same area. I sadly get a bit bored of the same area. I need to do what you do and get more attached. Anyway, I think it's cool that you're attached to the same family. Maybe if you really want to go to a new one, make one similar or just do a new safe? I think the former though may help. Like make them different enough, but similar so that you like playing as them.

I have the same problem with letting them die. I usually address it by getting someone into gardening early on so as to get access to life fruit, and/or getting the Age Freeze Potion LTR. My current household is filling up with age-frozen young adults as their friends and neighbours grow old and die.

• Options
    elleskyheartelleskyheart Posts: 69 Member

I have the same problem with letting them die. I usually address it by getting someone into gardening early on so as to get access to life fruit, and/or getting the Age Freeze Potion LTR. My current household is filling up with age-frozen young adults as their friends and neighbours grow old and die.

Yeah, it's a depressing feeling lol. And it's worse when one does a legacy challenge and can't cheat. This happened to me twice since this challenge is fun and sadly one cannot have the fruit in it =(
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I just generally find some way to pull their friends into the family. “Oh here’s long-lost cousin who just so happens to be unmarried…”. 🤣.

Haruo: “River, honey, looks like we need a bigger house”
    River: “Try more like an empty world with enough lots to fit them all…dear.”

Oy🙄. 😁

Thank goodness for getting into CAW; now I just need to figure out how to place roads without having routing problems. Or I could just have a roadless place that they can all just roam around freely (no need for cars).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Maybe one reason you keep going back to the same family is precisely because you've been playing them for so long, and a part of you goes into them. I know it's like that for me.

It's not a family I'm attached to, but rather just my two "main" Sims. If memory serves, they've been around since 2016, and I still could never bear to let them go. In fact, they've been with me through university, which was a challenging period that saw me move to another country. Now that I'm home and I've started work, they've come back with me too.

They've lived many different lives - David here has gone from lifeguard to firefighter....
    Bvan4sX.jpg

Ir3cLPy.jpg

Whereas Martin has gone from forensic scientist, to self-employed painter, to doctor....
    kooOIu8.jpg

TpCSlz2.jpg

The other thing about sticking with the same Sims for long periods is that my headcanons about them (i.e. how I imagine their personalities, likes/dislikes etc) have developed over time. And this only makes me more attached to them since they've started feeling more and more like real people.

Maybe others can relate? :)

I can more than relate to this, I sometimes wonder if I am ok mentally, lol, then I see that I am not the only one who get's so invested in there Sims by reading stories on the forums. I even have dreams about My Sims sometimes. What I do when I get bored or want to try something new is just start a new save with a new Sim but make sure My old Sims are in the Gallery or a back up Save before I start.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Have I ever gotten stuck playing with my Sims?

Honestly, can't say that I have. This is because I have a very active mind which is always in either intense observation mode or 'what if 'this' happened' and 'I wonder if I could make 'this' work' modes. Plus, my Sims are always growing and advancing so, I am always learning. I've been playing since 2012 and I haven't unraveled all there is to this 'game' and how those various elements interact and react under different situation or circumstances. The odds are astronomical! And it's those 'odds' which keeps me happily on my toes!

As far as Sims goes, I have well over 800 Sims, and I truly love them all! Even the ones I cannot stand, I still love. There are some households which when I am with them, I don't want to leave then, there are others where the hours can't tick down fast enough until I switch.

I also love creating various (unofficial and un-modded) careers out of things which came naturally with the game to expand upon an already established career. An example of this would be found in the way I play the science career. My Science Center has an:

Entomologist, (collects insects)
    Gemologist, (collects rocks & space rocks)
    Ichthyologist, (gathers fish)
    Chemist, (creates elixirs from the items the entomologist, geologist and ichthyologist collect)
    Robotics, (creates items for the town and other career branches)
    Agronomist (manages the town's and science center's gardens)

And of course, a Sim designated as the CEO of the Science Center.

Although each of these Sims contribute to my science center, only two of them are actually employed in the Science career. The others are self-employed as gardeners, fishermen, alchemist and inventors. They all work at my Science Center (custom built) where they have laboratories and offices. Individually as-well-as collectively they each contribute to the well-being and advancement of my towns.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    In the sims 4, I always find myself focusing on my Twins Dylan and Zeph, and their family. My Zalrian Household is really fun to play, and I often find myself struggling to not go back and play them.

I created my own challenge, and I'm trying to progress my sims in that story. So, it's taking a while to get back to them.

Part of me is trying to endure the wait to get back to that household.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    playing the same family and same word forever, I just keep going back to the same family and same world and don't know why. I even have the same family I had in sims 2 and remade them in Sims 3 and even while I tried out sims 4. Can't seem to go to another family, I did the A to Z with my family years ago and made it all the way to Zackery, with no cheating ageing up anyone. Sometimes I wish I got hooked on another family. Any one playing your same family over and over for years.

I got like that in sims 4 to the point where I set up a whole facebook page and a blog(see link in my signature)
    As for sims 3, I'm in a slump on whether or not I should play as my sims 4 sims there, too.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

In a sort of a fashion I've been playing the same family since about 2011. I'm not exactly sure when I started it. The family and the game has grown but I still have some of the original founders alive as my sims don't age very fast and they don't age when I'm not playing them. I now call it my Big Game and it has Patience and her 15 children in it scattered around a lot of worlds. Most of those children have families of their own now and some have grandchildren.

I have two of my Video series on YouTube are set in this game. The McFluff Story is a story about a witch who accidentally turned 15 of her least favourite friends into cats and then couldn't reverse the spell thereby condeming following generations of her family to ponder the problem and try to work out a spell that'll reverse the original mistake.

The other series has various names depending on the focus of the story. It was The Story of Oscar and Louise, then it became Louise Growing up in Riverview, then I changed to Oscar's Childhood and now it's currently Oscar's Teen Years (or the Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne). With this game, Eric and Susanne are grandchildren of Patience and the trio are about to embark on a long series of adventures around various worlds visiting Eric and Susanne's relatives. Oscar and Eric are teens and Susanne is a child.

I'm currently doing maintenance on my Big Game and I've almost got to the point where I'm ready to start playing again and making new videos. The game is running smoothly now in the worlds I've fixed and I've got only one more world left to move sims out of to a new world. Hopefully in a few days I'll be working on videos again.
  • Options
    Unlike other players, I don’t find the Goths interesting, nor the Landgraabs or many of the mainstream sims that others like to play. I tend to look for Sims that aren’t generally used often and play them. And they also have to fit the age-frame of my currently played sims. I need to be able to fit them into my family structure.

If I’m replacing a wife for Yasunobu (Haruo’s father) who when Haruo hits young adult, his dad would be in his late 50s. And finding a wife in the town that fits that criteria is tough without making one. I’m thinking that Morgana, who would divorce Thornton would be a bit too young still for Yasunobu.

Likewise Haruo and River’s kid (when they have one) would be too young for an elementary school aged Bella Bachelor in Sunset Valley. So I tend to tell the stories I like within a small narrow framework of Sims that I can utilize which limits the sims that I can make use of.

And I haven’t played much in other populated towns.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I have never played the
    Goths, nor the Landgraabs or any of the mainstream sims, I like my own sims. I have put some in my other worlds but do not play them. I never put the Goths or Langraabs in any of my games.