Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Stranger Sims walking around my home lot. I don't like nonessential townie generation anyway, I've genuinely complained about it since launch day, but seeing randos roaming around my home just irritates me. It doesn't make my game feel alive to have random abominations made to patrol my property.

I had this happen and they were walking through my house in Henford. I finally moved My family to another town. I tried fencing the lot and locking the gates, locking the doors, but still had the same two stranger townies walking in from the back door and out the front.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited March 2022
    Calorie/weight gain system
    I just find it annoying how it doesn't pay any attention to any "recommended calories per day" thresholds (like it is in real life) and instead just adds it all up, making it so that if you just eat you'll inevitably gain weight. I play with long lifespan and pretty much every child gets fat. Major reason being their very limited exercising options while, surprise, they kinda have to eat so there's no way avoiding weight gain. The calorie system would make more sense if there was a threshold, i.e. sims only start gaining weight if their calories per day surpasses a certain amount.
    As it is I find it too annoying to hassle with so I admit that if I'm playing a sim whose physique actually matters to me then I'll just use MCC to either freeze it or change it on the fly. Got pretty ridiculous during my homeless challenge in which they were basically starving all the time, then bought apples or curry or whatever from vendors in San Myshuno, and got repeatedly fat. It just broke my immersion cuz it wasn't like they were eating greasy fast food all the time. I think the old system (in which "eating while not hungry" was the deciding factor) was way better.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited March 2022
    My fae princess is a loner who hates leaving the house and refuses to talk to anyone but her husband and, once in a blue moon, her children. Yet the game keeps assigning her friends every time I rotate away from her, so that whenever I return, I have to delete those relationships with MCCC to keep them from upsetting her with their attempts to socialize.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    That every customer I greet in retail is in my list of sims I know suddenly. It packs my relationship panel with random townies
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Toddlers and children not having all the available hair color swatches. Why do they not have the white, pink, green, blue etc. swatches that adults do? It's annoying when I create an alien or mermaid family with white or green hair, but the toddlers and kids have to have a different color.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    That every customer I greet in retail is in my list of sims I know suddenly. It packs my relationship panel with random townies

This, plus every massage therapist, stall vendor and so on. So not necessary.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Leaving musical instruments all over the place, for the love of all that is good just put it back in your inventory.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Big brawny sims dropping whatever they are doing to go eek! at a mouse or rat.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Big brawny sims dropping whatever they are doing to go eek! at a mouse or rat.

Yes! This is so annoying!

When I first saw the mouse hole object and realized that actual mice would come out and run around, I was excited. I thought it would be a great way to add some "old and dilapidated" or "creepy" vibes to a lot. But after the third time my (full-grown adult) sim canceled everything in his queue to run down three flights of stairs to freak out about a mouse he could not have possibly have known was there... I took all the mouse holes out of every lot I'd put them in and have never used them since. *Sigh*
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Calorie/weight gain system
    I just find it annoying how it doesn't pay any attention to any "recommended calories per day" thresholds (like it is in real life) and instead just adds it all up, making it so that if you just eat you'll inevitably gain weight. I play with long lifespan and pretty much every child gets fat. Major reason being their very limited exercising options while, surprise, they kinda have to eat so there's no way avoiding weight gain. The calorie system would make more sense if there was a threshold, i.e. sims only start gaining weight if their calories per day surpasses a certain amount.
    As it is I find it too annoying to hassle with so I admit that if I'm playing a sim whose physique actually matters to me then I'll just use MCC to either freeze it or change it on the fly. Got pretty ridiculous during my homeless challenge in which they were basically starving all the time, then bought apples or curry or whatever from vendors in San Myshuno, and got repeatedly fat. It just broke my immersion cuz it wasn't like they were eating greasy fast food all the time. I think the old system (in which "eating while not hungry" was the deciding factor) was way better.

I just use the insta lean potion, I think that is why they ended up putting those in the game, or use the testingcheats cas edit to fix the slider. I think Maxis knows they kind of messed up the gain weight/lose weight thing so they added easy fixes.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2022
    Fridge full of food, Sim is hungry, goes to barbeque and makes hotdogs or grabs a piece of the freshly made birthday cake instead of taking a meal from the fridge.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Being Hypercharged (struck multiple times by lightening) and "Bring the Lightening" is so much more lame than it sounds. Can only strike the ground, landed bolts right between a townie's feet several times with no real effect.

Did you try Woohoo while Hypercharged, though? :D
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Every time I return to a home in rotation one is grilling fruit. Never fails.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Trying to get sims to read skill books until it's done is so frustrating. I guess the intereaction is on a timer so it just decides to stop by itself. But whyyyy? I'm fine when they stop reading because they are going to starve, need to wee or are exhausted. And it's really sweet when one sim will go be with another if they are also reading. But the most basic instruction of sit there and read until it's finished is such a hard thing for them to do for some reason. There's also the fact I would place the books in their inventory but they keep putting them in the bookshelf. If it came out of your inventory then put it back in your inventory. Or at least put it in the bookshelf when you actually finished it.
  • Options
    Alphaman98Alphaman98 Posts: 4 New Member
    I wish that there was a sexual / gender preference option in the game so hetero sims aren't flirted on by non-hetero sims. Nothing against homosexuality but it should be optional in everyone's game. It's not fair to just deal with it when it's unwanted.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Alphaman98 wrote: »
    I wish that there was a sexual / gender preference option in the game so hetero sims aren't flirted on by non-hetero sims. Nothing against homosexuality but it should be optional in everyone's game. It's not fair to just deal with it when it's unwanted.

Same could be said for when your controlled sim decided to go off and flirt with a random because they're flirty...
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    The enchanted introduction. My sims seem to always choose this introduction and I'm lucky if I catch it in time. It shouldn't exist when there's a beguiling option in the rewards store.

They can't seem to put the guitar away. Ever. And where they place it? Who knows half the time.

Gathering a pile of dishes to "clean up" only to toss them on top the most random counters and shelves then have me Easter egg hunt them down behind photos and atop fireplaces.

Getting water or juice only to set it and leave it. Never drinks it and becomes just another random dish to find.

The Goth PDA. While pda doesn't bother me...we get it you two I don't need you to passionately kiss every two minutes to prove it. Seriously their constant kissing clogs my restaurant routing.

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    This is something that bugs me quite a bit, but it involves when swapping back to a sim on the home lot, especially after being out at a restaurant or a park. But somehow, the sims in the house suddenly have full needs bars, when they just came home from a full day out, where they were tried and about ready to hop into bed, only for them to somehow be remarkably full of energy but low on every other need that had just been filled.

Also adding onto this, that the sims will always be on some random object, like using the computer or preparing food or about to go swimming. But yet, when I reenter my sims home from exiting the game, they're all suddenly outside of their house even though I left them inside. Either it's intentional or my game is borked beyond belief right now.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    When I play Get to Work active careers, needs no longer drop at work. I used to have to fill needs and eat lunch on the job. Has this changed?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Having high positive mood values slows down motive decay, @Telemwill, you may just have gotten much more consistent at maintaining a lot more positive moodlets on your sims.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    steffidthsteffidth Posts: 3 New Member
    I can not install shelfs with emty spots, because my sims put their dishes there and than they dont find them.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    steffidth wrote: »
    I can not install shelfs with emty spots, because my sims put their dishes there and than they dont find them.

This 100%! So annoying.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't know if this is very trivial or very complicated for the game developers. But what is irritating me is that if Sim A really likes Sim B. Sim B likes Sim A to the same amount. I wish there was so that if Sim A really lies Sim B, Sim B in turn can find Sim A annoying and pushy. Sim C is is in love with Sim D, who don't care for C but instead fancies E
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I don't know if this is very trivial or very complicated for the game developers. But what is irritating me is that if Sim A really likes Sim B. Sim B likes Sim A to the same amount. I wish there was so that if Sim A really lies Sim B, Sim B in turn can find Sim A annoying and pushy. Sim C is is in love with Sim D, who don't care for C but instead fancies E

Yeah, I totally agree with this!
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Having high positive mood values slows down motive decay, @Telemwill, you may just have gotten much more consistent at maintaining a lot more positive moodlets on your sims.

I might think that, but it only seems to happen on the work lots. Maybe my Sims are secret workaholics.