Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    No mention of the officiants not working - hopefully it will be in the patch anyway, but mannn, they can't leave things out, they really have to fix everything, or people are still gonna be less than pleased.

No matter what they do or don’t do people are generally less than pleased. So it really doesn’t matter. I’m glad they’re fixing it, but then I never doubted they would.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    No mention of the officiants not working - hopefully it will be in the patch anyway, but mannn, they can't leave things out, they really have to fix everything, or people are still gonna be less than pleased.

No matter what they do or don’t do people are generally less than pleased. So it really doesn’t matter. I’m glad they’re fixing it, but then I never doubted they would.

I can't not blame anyone being less than at this point.A lot of this shows a lot of issues the sims 4 run.I am glad their fixing this, but think maybe tho should been pull back for a month.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

I very much doubted it, since there are other packs they've abandoned, like Dine Out and GTW. But I'm happy for the fixes we get for this pack, although I don't doubt mods will still be needed even after the fixes.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2022
    I’m not sure where to put this, but I tried to plan a vowel renewal & could not find the option to ask my sims’ daughter to be their flower pal. Is this a glitch or am I just not looking hard enough? :p Lol.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    It's good that some fixes are finally planned, but they're once again oiling the squeaky wheel before going back to the status quo.

They had the whole delayed release week to fix things, then all the time since release to fix things, and nothing ever happened. Then the riot got too big to ignore, and all of a sudden they're going to ride in to save the day.

It's the same rinse and repeat every time. That's the problem.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    At last, a confirmation of fixes! I will wait and see if they actually work before buying the pack lol.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like that the team have listened to our concerns and have responded accordingly. I am also very pleased to hear they are working on fixes because I still want to get this pack.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2022
    It's good that some fixes are finally planned, but they're once again oiling the squeaky wheel before going back to the status quo.

They had the whole delayed release week to fix things, then all the time since release to fix things, and nothing ever happened. Then the riot got too big to ignore, and all of a sudden they're going to ride in to save the day.

I agree. I thought they delayed the pack to make some changes and fixes before they released it. I guess those fixes didn't work.

ETA: At the moment all I see is EA disrespecting their customers over and over again. Buy now, fix later, or never.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a new Laundry List addressing the issues with My Wedding Stories.

I kind of miss the apology here but ok. Still not buying this. I don't need love from the Sims team, I need them to do their jobs and admit their mistakes when they don't.

I think simgurunova has an apology in her retweet of this tweet. I've seen it in another thread. Although as I've mentioned in a different post, I just need the patchnotes, not necessarily an apology
    (because I didn't bought it so far) and suddenly they have post the laundry list. I will waiting after these patches. I'm still concerned about the base game wedding and the rewards in the game pack and the missing caterer, entertainer and barkeeper. Somehow I don't want to loose these little features and rewards.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    I don't get why EAxis didn't give us the hat separate when it looks so much better mixnmatched.
    Giving us duplicates of the same outfit sounds so much more limiting than separate hat options. Just give us the options.

If you are willing to use CC, cloudcat has put in the effort for EA/Maxis and created separate hat options for them. Available here.

OMG, THANK YOU!! I looked and never found this, thank you so very much for posting that link :smile:
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I'm definitely feeling bummed. I really want this pack, and I am a lover of mods so I can see that Carl has almost fully fixed it at this point. However, buying a broken game and then using a mod to fix it just doesn't feel right in my soul. So as badly as I want it and could have it, I feel I need to wait until EA actually fixes it.

I would wait love, I love Carls work, but even with his mod (I have it) it barely works. Its also very iffy, sometimes something will work and other times it wont. He worked so hard, but its super hard to fixing coding this broken, especially for one person. It def works better than the vanilla game (which doesn't work at all), but its still frustrating.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Nice to see the laundry list. Now how about fixing all the other still broken packs released previously? Dine out? Paranormal? Home Decorator career? Are we supposed to just accept this list and believe they're going to fix this appallingly long list of bugs allowed to go live in a brand new pack, when they haven't bothered fixing older packs yet?
    I'll still be keeping my money in my wallet.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Me waiting to see when the bugs get fixed on this pack and all the others.
    d13dcdf1530bdeb58609a751829828b8.jpg
    “Yup, that’s gonna go over well…”

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Schantal wrote: »

You never doubted they would? Have you played Dineout? 6 YEARS later and for most players (many polls on many platforms have been done) it is completely broken. I cant even play it.....at all. So no, it wasn't a guarantee they would fix it and even still we don't know what will be fixed or if it will even work as that has also happened.
    There is just no excuse for what is going on with this pack and this is coming from someone with both a brother and a husband in th industry, one a lead software engineer and another a lead level design engineer.....both work for 2 different triple A gaming companies and they both are baffled how EA/Maxis has been releasing embarrassing broken things like this. Bugs, totally normal in this field....but releasing completely broken, unusable packs....no.

100% .. I’m hoping they fix it I haven’t bought the pack yet but I won’t if it’s still as messed up as before. My husband knows I like playing this game so for Christmas he bought me get to work . I play off console and have 4 Ep packs and a few game pack already and my game runs fine . As soon as I tried to play with get to work I had the worst lag . It was so bad the game was completely unplayable and I had to completely delete my game base game packs and all and reinstall everything this time without get to work. It sucks because my husband spent $50 on something that should have worked but in the end is just a waste of money because it can’t be used .
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2022
    Simskrista wrote: »
    While everyone in the positive thread is exciting about getting a patch to fix wedding stories…I am just wondering how we got to the point where a brand new pack has a literal laundry list of things to fix already? Two entire patches worth. How has the Sims gone downhill so fast and can they recover for TS5? I’ve been a huge Sims fan since the beginning…I daydream about this game and I’ve loved it forever but when I think of how much money I have spent on this game (and computer to play it) is it really worth it when things like this occur? Unless the Sims 5 is somehow truly impressive I think the Sims 4 might be the end of my sims rope :(

Another user (Calico45) posted in a different thread something interesting that the game is probably suffering now from Technical Debt. Which is when development teams take actions to expedite the delivery of a piece of functionality or a project which later needs to be refactored. In other words, it's the result of prioritizing speedy delivery over perfect code.

We are most likely going to see more laundry lists the longer they keep The Sims4 going because it's becoming harder and harder to keep up with that debt when they are working on so many packs at once.
    And making so many packs and keeping up with this release schedule for 7 years has probably not been easy.

The Sims5 will most likely not have this issue, not in the beginning anyway.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    There is a lot of reasons that some people doubt EA/Maxis will fix it because all one has to do is look at the previous packs and see how well EA/Maxis addressed those problems and this problem is not just related to Sims 4, it also involves previous versions as well and why would I give kudos to a company that took so long to fix something that should have been addressed sooner than later. I see excuses being made for them and I am not saying no names as I been a customer of both EA and Maxis when they were first starting out and that is my opinion. The pack was known to have problems and
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I agree. I thought they delayed the pack to make some changes and fixes before they released it. I guess those fixes didn't work.

ETA: At the moment all I see is EA disrespecting their customers over and over again. Buy now, fix later, or never.

Yes, true but some accept it, so the cycle goes on and on and never stop and why would they ever change. I go by their history in tweaking and fixing their product and how long it takes them to do it and they fix some but not a lot.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that it rains all the time in Tartosa? I thought it was only a thing for Spring, but it has continued through Summer. It rains there every day with only one or two days of no rain a week. It got to be so frustrating with my sim being tense all the time from the thunderstorms that I had to move them to a different world.

A lot of people have made that observation. I looked in the weather tuning files and it's only like a 27% chance for gauranteed rain in spring but there is also a weather type of "chance of rain" on top of that. Combined with the fact that the way weather in the game works is with weather systems, where the rolled type of weather can last several days, it can lead to a very wet spring.

The weather in Tortosa in summer is very much the same as spring, just with more warmer days.

Winter and Fall are the least rainy seasons (not much less though).

Hoping a specific mod for more sun in Tartosa will be released before a new patch shows up. I don't want to update my game again.

My lessrainmoresun mod has already been updated for Tartosa.

Danke!! I have so many of your mods, it makes so much more enjoyable to play.
  • Options
    Echo1224Echo1224 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am not that interested in big weddings, my sims always elope. My issue with this whole pack is the extreme lack of drama. I did the conflict scenario and actually ended up making my couple hate each other even more because one sim was a mischief sim. I didn't do any of the other events but booked a wedding in Sulani, added an arch and the toast bucket, and told them to get married. And they did. No issue. And the groom went off swimming. Scenario complete. I was hoping for them to refuse, get upset, and for the relationship to get worse. But it looks like they will get married no matter what with this pack.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I was planning to make the empty lot in Tartosa into a beach lot. But you cannot even do that because a beach requires items that have to be placed on the water and in Tartosa, you cannot place anything on the water. :(
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I was planning to make the empty lot in Tartosa into a beach lot. But you cannot even do that because a beach requires items that have to be placed on the water and in Tartosa, you cannot place anything on the water. :(

I think for beach lots all requirements are optional. In my game that lot is a beach now.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

e5e91dbcce1abdf4c0a7beb3dc71f7996b6e3f06.png

I got a beach lot from the Gallery for Tartosa. It has to be a lot that is built up on the sand.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top