Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

I was tempted by the world too. But not at the cost of lagging every other world, that's the bug that scares me the most, too many reports of games lagging badly. It's certainly a pretty world but it's also small, smaller than Strangerville which I don't consider all that generous in size.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I feel so utterly deflated. I was really hoping they would fix the gameplay elements. I wanted to buy this pack, but now... :(
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2022
    Why was my original thread + replies moved into this thread? What policy did I violate that necessitated you taking administrative action? @EA_Cade
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Why was my original thread + replies moved into this thread? What policy did I violate that necessitated you taking administrative action? @EA_Cade

The two threads were similar enough to warrant merging. If you had violated a forum rule I wouldn't merge your thread elsewhere, it would simply be removed.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    VixievoaaVixievoaa Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm certain that they didn't even patch this pack. I just played it and rage quit. Nothing worked...at all.
  • Options
    Vixievoaa wrote: »
    I'm certain that they didn't even patch this pack. I just played it and rage quit. Nothing worked...at all.

Have you tried getting a refund? Is that even possible?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2022
    Honestly the main things I'm sad about not getting are the tea sets. I would love the the slow dancing, but I do have a mod for that. But I'm not buying it broken.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Would you really say the community accepted Cyberpunk 2077? Or did it get lambasted?

It got lambasted, but it also sold far more copies within the first month of release than most other games released that year and had plenty of hard-core fans defending it in all of the complaint threads on their forums.

Basically, I'd say the reaction from that community was the same as what Sims games get. Lots of complaints, people defending it any way...and a ton of people buying it despite all of that.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Oh boy, I just watched Plumbella's video and I'm really not impressed. I cannot remember the last time I felt this angry about a pack.

So, to recap:
    • Collectables gathered on the beaches are bugged
    • You have to use cheats to reset sims
    • You have to constantly ask guests to take their seats because they still just wander off
    • You can exchange vows more than once, and even if you do it again, your guests still won't watch
    • Guests still won't gather around for a toast
    • Wedding cakes spoil way too quickly

I'm the type of player that enjoys micro-management, but this is not my idea of fun. This just seems like a huge pain in the rear, and I think eloping at City Hall would somehow be more romantic at this stage. The developers didn't need another week, they needed a few more months to work on this pack. I've said it before, but I have no problem with waiting if it means the end product will be amazing, and fully functional - you know, as it should be. Why does bug testing and quality control seem non-existent these days? :disappointed:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wonder if this will be the straw that broke the camels back for dissatisfied players 🤔
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    From what I'm seeing on videos, the pack still isn't very good. Yeah, the world is nice, the CAS is okay, but the actual gameplay, what little went into the pack, doesn't even work right. Sims don't stay seated, the wedding vows take too long so everyone leaves, the wedding party doesn't respond to walking down the aisle, the cake doesn't last long enough so it spoils and Sims try to autonomously clean it up, no one shows up for the cutting, Sims are still constantly trying to dance or chat with each other so they don't do what they're supposed to, parties are the same ol' same ol' with a checklist added...

It's kind of awful. People are essentially paying for world aesthetics and a Stuff Pack. This does not, in any way, look like it was released by a multi-billion dollar AAA game company. If this pack was something I was looking forward to and really wanted, I would feel extremely upset. When you compare it to a GP like Jungle Adventure, you can really see where it falls short and fails.

Seven and a half years into development and this is what's coming out now? I fear for Werewolves, romance, and anything else I was hoping for. It's like they are purposely trying to avoid creating new gameplay and it shows. We're never getting relationship depth. It's genuinely depressing.

I agree, this pack felt rushed, they probably wanted it to release around Valentines Day and it did not get the support it needed for them to be able to release it around that date.

It really feels like they are cutting development and support for the sims4 now, to prepare for the sims5 or something. Or they are struggling working from home. Either way, it's sad.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Chicklet453681 That's an excellent point, it does seem that way. Since last summer nothing but kits, now this. Which would explain the lovely world, some nice BB assets but sup par gameplay and animation.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2022
    Attempt 2 at doing a wedding - smaller venue, fewer seating options definitely works better. Managed to complete a ceremony. Getting guests to sit down isn't easy - actually none of it is - but it is possible if you limit the variables...

The large pre-made venue with all the different arches and aisles is a living nightmare. Avoid! My first attempt ended in tears (and me cancelling the event before the vows even happened).

I will upload my mini Church tomorrow which works ok. It's fully playtested now so at the very least. I've posted a few screenshots on my IG if you're curious! exxcee.sims

Edited to say: wedding outfits/Any outfits do not work at all. You have to manually change your outfits and none of your guests turn up in your chosen wardrobe/colour theme.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Community Stuff Pack Project 2017

Theme ranking:
    1. Eco Living => SP13 Laundry Day Stuff but EP09 Eco Lifestyle came later
    2. Starter Home => SP16 Tiny Living Stuff
    3. Dangerous => SP18 Paranormal Stuff ???
    4. Wedding => GP11 My Wedding Stories
    5. Arcade

Wedding was the 4th choice of the community.

Paranormal stuff isn’t based off of Dangerous stuff imo. It’s based off of Happy Haunts. It’s more aligned with the themes of that concept than the dangerous one.

tumblr_f161d84cf86fae58cd391f4c32ceb95d_81987d4a_1280.jpg
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »

On the topic of party attire, the mans shirt with the loosened tie has either a bad mesh problem or they made it look "ripped" in the back so the back of the pants where the pockets are exposed through the shirt. It looks horrible.

At the ceremony when they kiss they will bump heads and get a little dizzy from it before completing the ceremony with a kiss where they don't awkwardly headbutt each other first.

We finally get a new (I think) design of Male clothing and of course it's burked.

Ugh, bumping heads after the "I do's"? As if kissing in this game wasn't already a problem. Most romantic animations are like watching two spoons kissing. Something less "cutesy clumsy" like the "kiss in the water" from IL would have been nice.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    From watching streams today, the new kissing animations are atrocious! Not only are they not touching lips, or even close to, but they bend weirdly and it looks completely de-synchronized. And WHY isn't the wedding ceremony actions you can choose working AT ALL? Even if it works for some people at certain times, just from the streams I've seen, MOST of the time it doesn't. It's pretty rage inducing that they released the pack like this.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Can someone who bought the pack please post the credits for My Wedding Stories? I think you can access the credits from the menu screen. I want to see the number of people who worked on it and if any familiar long-standing producers like SimGuruGraham worked on this. This is from Chicklet's comment about the lack of experienced devs. Curious to see if this is true.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    In Spa Day, the yoga mats and meditation stools have special "instructor" variants that highlight a large section of floor, which allows for a group of regular mats/stools to be in their range. It works fairly well; classes fill up, things start on time and are coordinated and no one uses the equipment outside of class.

Sims 4 has always had an issue with musical chairs, where no one stays seated and everyone moves around. So, thinking of Spa Day, I wonder if it would be possible to make wedding arches or the aisles have the same type of setup. The arch or aisle would have the larger range as appropriate for wedding seating. Guests would sit in those seats during the ceremony, but only then. Of course, getting the other wedding participants to participate may become an issue, but it sounds like it already is anyway.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Can someone who bought the pack please post the credits for My Wedding Stories? I think you can access the credits from the menu screen. I want to see the number of people who worked on it and if any familiar long-standing producers like SimGuruGraham worked on this. This is from Chicklet's comment about the lack of experienced devs. Curious to see if this is true.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. Posting peoples names opens them up for personal attacks.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited February 2022
    My negative contribution to this thread: the world is TOO Beautiful! It makes me want to buy this pack even though I am not interested in weddings! Help me, my plan had been to wait till it was on sale! :D

Don't buy the pack at this point.The pack is very bugged even features for the world is bug.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I bought it right away and have zero regrets. There is so much to enjoy even without having a wedding event. I am sure the bugs some are having will be sorted.
    I have no lag which some are having. My cakes keep nicely in the fridge until I need them.

You are going to love this world. <3 I don't begrudge the $ because I spend that in a month on my chai lattes. I am also a very patient person.
    Must be all the chai I drink. Ha ha

Wrong thread
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2022
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    I don't get why everything is and outside stall. They have the ability to make proper inside shops. There are already bakeries-why not build a proper flower shop? I mean who buys their wedding cake and flowers from a food truck stall?

I suspect it is because the retail system is part of GTW and not base game.

You know that is kinda whack considering they could have made a shell shop like they did with Batuu. I know people hate that pack but that aspect wasn't a bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top