Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thirty Grandchildren Badge Attempt - ongoing so it now has its own playlist

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @Karritz I really enjoyed your video episode 41!

it took me a moment to find out how to see it in HD as there was a lot of buffering, that was due to my wifi I'm sure, but once it decided to cooperate it was amazing! The sound quality is so enhanced! the visual enhancement, it seems like it is better, brighter! Well done!

it is always so fun seeing the dancing and then slow dancing and of course the developing romance! my favorites! ;)

Your sims are always so great and amusing to watch!

Beautiful weddings and great video! I really enjoyed it! :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @DivaDoodle thanks for the feedback. A person who lives in my local area contacted me about a different channel I have and told me I might do better with my nature videos if I saved them in HD. I didn't even know that was possible. He's got a photography channel and so knows a thing or two so I was glad for the advice. Anyway, it took me a few days to work out how to do it and the files are about 3 times bigger so take lots longer to load but they do seem to be much better. I messed up with Episode 41 and it went up as SD so I went back to the software I use to make the videos and worked out what I'd done wrong then exported it and loaded it again and suddenly it was there in HD. I noticed a change in the audio too because I'd just watched it on YouTube in SD.

I'm glad you worked out how to make it appear in HD for you and it was better for you to watch.

That was the final wedding for this series. I haven't started playing for the next episode yet. Actually I have done a bit but I don't think that play will go into it. The two sims who married Kendall and Constance both got 4,500 point wishes to have a baby. They'll lose those wishes if I send them home straight away. So I've kept them in The Great Southern Land and they are now pregnant. The newly introduced sims don't have much in the way of lifetime happiness points. I could cheat them some but I haven't done that yet. I just couldn't pass up on 4,500 points each. I might put a bit of it into the video. Of course they'll get even bigger wishes once their babies are born but I'll have to ignore them. At one point I decided to give all of the new spouses the same lifetime wish to want to raise 5 children from baby to teen so they are all keen to have babies.

Next episode we won't see much, if anything, of the 15 children and their spouses or their babies. I'll be handling it all from Gerri's house and I have to stay put in her house throughout the births of the whole 30 grandchildren. She'll end up with a few more than 30 as there are some already born and none of them will count.

I'm getting really excited about getting back onto some of the other series I haven't touched for a year or more. But this one needs to be completed first.

I was looking into the probability of being stuck with Gerri as the only sim in the household for one or more episodes and thought that might be a tad boring. So I've got a few 'interesting' house guests to accompany her. That should keep me entertained while the babies are arriving.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I just finished unpacking the inventories of Constance and Chris after moving them and Charlie and Cindy into their new home. It is the house that I made over. The same house I put Jonie and Jack into before I made it over and the same house I put Kendell and Karen and Keith into after making it over.

I saved it to my library after the makeover but before I unpacked Karen and Kendall's inventories into it.

Here are some screenshots of the house after the makeover and before inventories got unpacked and the décor got completed for each of the families. This is the house as it is in my library.

The house was originally built by me years ago for a specific dark world. I now forget which it was but the original dark large stonework was perfect for where it was made to go. The dark stones were inside and out. It is a very dark and gloomy house in its original condition. I wanted to brighten it up a bit.

I changed the paintwork, inside and outside throughout the house. I changed all of the windows and most of the doors. There wasn't much furniture inside and I mostly left that as it was but I added new furnishings. There is still plenty of room for personalisation when each family moves into it.

I will show a walk through the houses in the video as the house is huge and will involve way too many screenshots for me to post here. It would literally take me all day and I want to get this video done and up on my YouTube channel. That is still days away as I have more setting up to do before the 30 grandchildren start arriving.

Anyway, here are the screenshots. I'll add minimal comments here. I think most of them will be fairly self evident. I'll put them behind spoilers too as there are a lot of pictures.

It is a 3 level house but I only got pictures of the first and second levels. The top level is pretty much just a huge room with a few objects in it, they are mostly for skilling.

Front of house
    Front001.jpg

Overhead shots

Ground floor - level 1
    Ground-Floor-Level1.jpg

Second floor - level 2
    Middle-Floor-Level2.jpg

Top floor - level 3
    Top-Floor-Level3.jpg
    Level 1
    Front of house
    Front002.jpg

The front entrance
    See front door on the left. Look straight ahead to see door to small room with hand basin and toilet.
    To the right see entrances to the kitchen and dining room
    Level1001.jpg

The front door is on the right here. Looking straight ahead to the steps leading up to level 2.
    Level1002.jpg

This is a small square room opposite the kitchen door. Looking through to the science room.
    The small square room has 2 toyboxes and 4 bean bag chairs. All chairs are different.
    Level1003.jpg

This is the same scene from inside the kitchen looking through the small square room to the science room.
    Level1004.jpg

A small, previously dark and gloomy, living room. Look through the door to the dining room.
    Level1005.jpg

Another view of the living room.
    Level1006.jpg

Standing near the front door looking at the doors into the kitchen and dining room.
    Level1007.jpg

The kitchen from the front entrance room
    Level1008.jpg

Standing in the dining room looking through doors to the kitchen and garage.
    Level1009.jpg

The dining room
    Level1010.jpg

The dining room again this time looking through the doors to the living room, the front entrance and to the kitchen.
    Level1011.jpg

This room has 5 desks. Two without computers.
    Looking through the archway to the dining room.
    Level1012.jpg

Same room - seeing 3 desks with computers. There is a door to outside at one end of this room.
    Level1013.jpg

Another small room. It has some chairs and a chess table as well as a door to the outside. Looking towards the science room.
    Level1014.jpg

Turned around and look back through the room with the desks and computers through the BauHaus door to see Kendall's place across the street.
    Level1015.jpg

Now standing in the science room looking back through archways to Kendall's place across the street.
    Level1016.jpg

The science room seen from outside looking through the big round window.
    Level1017.jpg

Level 2
    This is the informal area for the babies and young children to spend time. I also has the bedrooms.
    Open area with steps up to level 3.
    Level2001.jpg

Open area with a bedroom door visible
    Level2002.jpg

Open area
    Level2003.jpg

Only single sim bedroom. This can be changed for the individual family requirements.
    Level2004.jpg

Same bedroom showing door leading to communal bathroom.
    Level2005.jpg

Communal bathroom. It has 4 or 5 two in one bathrooms plus two wash basins
    Level2006.jpg

Wash basins in communal bathroom
    Level2007.jpg

Bedroom with two bunk beds - room for 4 young sims here.
    Level2008.jpg
    It has a door leading to the communal bathroom and another door leading to the communal area

Bunk beds - from University Life
    Level2009.jpg

Nursery with 5 cribs. No idea how many babies and toddlers they'll have at one time.
    Level2010.jpg

Parent's bedroom
    Level2011.jpg

Level2012.jpg

Stairs leading up to level 3. There is a fire place next to the steps and an area that is currently empty. Might put chairs and bookcase in here.
    Level2013.jpg

Stairs leading down to level 1
    Level2014.jpg

Top of stairs from level 1
    Level2015.jpg

Outside area
    Level2-Patio.jpg

Sims seen in these pics are Constance, Chris and their Plumbot Cindy. Their baby son, Charlie is in his cot sleeping.

That's it. I'll now record a walk through after I completed the decorating of it for this family to move in. That'll be found in the video for Episode 42 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt when I finally get it up onto YouTube.

Happy Simming All
  • Options
    Today, I'm putting together the video I recorded for Episode 42. I've already moved Cindy and her household out to their own home.

The active household is Gerri, Klaus, Lucy, Luciinda and Louise.

Gerri001.jpg

Gerri is the mother of the 15 who all just got married and are going to produce the 30 grandchildren to hopefully get the badge for a sim having 30 grandchildren.

Klaus and Lucinda
    Klaus-And-Lucinda001.jpg

Klaus is an Evil sim I picked up from the sims I previously added to The Great Southern Land. I grabbed him just for fun as in the past he's done some unusual things autonomously. Such as heading off into town while being played in Barnacle Bay. At the time I was pleased to see him leave the house as he'd been causing mayhem picking fights with everyone. When he'd been gone for quite a long while I suddenly got the 'Big Meanie' badge and I was surprised and came to the conclusion Klaus must have been picking fights with the townies because nothing consistent with getting that badge had been happening back at home with the rest of the household and that's where I'd been playing.

Lucy001.jpg
    Lucy is the Mean Spirited Imaginary Friend made real. She is still in the household because she had planted a Forbidden Fruit seed. She how has 2 plant sim daughters. I was going to move her out but might hang onto her. She might make the next episode or two more interesting. Lucy currently has two wishes - to get married and to grow a forbidden fruit.

In order to get the badge awarded I have to stay with Gerri's household as the active household. I can't go off and activate any other households once the 30 grandchildren start arriving. If I do activate a different household I'll have to start the count again and there's no telling how many grandchildren she'll end up with.

I was thinking having a household with only one sim in it might get a bit dull and that's why I included Klaus. Now I'm thinking Lucy might be worth keeping as well.

I believe Gerri has to have another child once all 30 grandchildren have arrived or the badge doesn't get awarded. Since Klaus's lifetime wish is to be a Master Romancer I thought maybe he and Gerri could have a baby to finish the process. When I was playing yesterday I discovered Gerri and Klaus watching the stars together so it looks like he's already onto it.

Lucy has a wish to get married. It's worth 5,000 lifetime happiness points. I was thinking maybe Klaus and Lucy could get married - but they seem to hate each other so that probably wouldn't work. It'd be interesting to see if I could make it happen though. >:)

By the way, the Master Romancer LTW requires a sim to woohoo with 5 different sims in 5 different places. So far as I know Klaus hasn't had any luck with woohooing with any sims. But there is no telling what he got up to when he was being a townie. He hasn't got his LTW yet. He doesn't have commitment issues so he could get married but I would expect him to be a cheater if he did get married.

I occasionally find Klaus standing patiently beside Lucinda while she reads her book. He's waiting for her to finish her book so he can steal candy from her. So far I've stopped him from doing that and made him fish as he needs to work on his fishing skill.

The final two members of the household are Lucy's plant sim daughters, Lucinda and Louise.

Lucinda
    Lucinda.jpg

Lucinda has been learning her toddler skills and is now almost through all 9 of the toddler skill books.

Louise
    Louise001.jpg

Louise has just been picked. She seems to be a slightly paler green than her older sister.

Now, I've just moved out Clara and Bruce.

Clara.jpg
    Clara had a lot of books she needed to read. I was tempted to just move her out without reading them but she got through them fairly quickly and there were other things going on so she didn't really hold up progress.

Bruce and Lucy had planted forbidden fruit seeds and they needed to wait for them to be ready to pick. Clara was ready to move out just before the plant sim babies needed picking.

Bruce is the cowardly Imaginary Friend made real and was the reason we had to confine Bonehilda to her coffin for a while.

I don't seem to have any new screenshots of Bruce except for this one. He is standing with his back to us on the left of the screen in a grey outfit - possibly it's he sleepwear.
    Eating-Lucindas-Birthday-Cake.jpg

The screenshot is of Lucinda's first birthday party. The party will be in the upcoming video.

Here is a pic of the forbidden fruit growing. The crystal plants were needed by Chris to make some trait chips for his Plumbot, Cindy.
    Forbidden-Fruit-Growing.jpg

The forbidden fruit closest to us was planted and picked by Lucy to produce Louise. The other one was planted and picked by Bruce to produce his plant sim son Bert. I don't have a pic of Bert. Bruce and Bert have moved out.

The above information is basically the contents of Episode 42 of The 30 Grandchildren Badge attempt. I'm putting the recorded videos of it all together today. If it takes up 30 minutes then that will be all that'll be in the video. Don't forget the walk throughs of the made over houses, they will be in the video as well. The episode will begin at the double wedding of Chris and Constance and of Kendall and Karen. We will stay in the Great Southern Land for a while as each couple have wishes to have a baby so we had to get them pregnant and wait for the babies to be born before leaving TGSL. That's how Chris got involved in learning the Bot Building skill and that's why Cindy ended up in the household.

That's it from me for now.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 42 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Thzo8c0trqk

This is tying up a lot of loose ends that needed to be done before the 30 grandchildren began arriving.

In this episode you will see the dancing and eating of cake at the end of the weddings of Constance to Chris and Kendall to Karen.

EatingWeddingCake.jpg

They stay in The Great Southern Land for a few extra days because Chris and Karen both had hugely valuable wishes to have a baby. Chris just wanted a baby and that was worth 4,500 lifetime happiness points. Karen had that same wish plus another wish that was granted on the birth of the baby. It was worth 7,500 lifetime happiness points for her. I don't remember what she'd wished for but the wish was completed and she got the points when the baby was born.

I expected the babies to be delivered at different times but we had a co-ordinated session of labouring sims. I was a bit concerned with the game crashing when they both started at the same time but the game coped.

KarenAndConstanceInLabour.jpg

After the births everyone travelled back to Cake Island.

Kendall and Karen went to live in their new house and we had a walkthrough to see their décor.

MadeOverHouse.jpg

Chris and Constance stayed at Gerri's place until Chris made his Plumbot, Cindy. Then they moved to their own home which is a copy of Kendall's house. Joni got a copy of this house too. We only get to see through one version of this house though. There was too much happening in this video to be wandering around in everyone's house. The three houses are much the same. Just some of the décor is different and Kendall and Karen have the most décor in their house.

Clara stayed in Gerri's house until she finished reading her books - recipes and fishing bait books. Then she moved out to her own little cupcake house. She's next door to Cameron. Clara, Bruce, Lucy and Cameron are all imaginary friends made real. Cameron, Lucy and Bruce all wanted, and got, to plant forbidden fruit and ended up with Plant Sim babies.

In this current episode Lucy and Bruce were waiting for their forbidden fruit to be ready to harvest. It was planted in a previous episode. Lucy already had a Plant Sim daughter.

Eating-Lucindas-Birthday-Cake.jpg

Lucy had a wish to have a birthday party for Lucinda. We enjoy the party down in Gerri's basement. Lucinda became a toddler and completed all of her toddler training. She has only 2 more toddler skill books to complete reading in the next episode and she'll have done all of her toddler training.

Forbidden-Fruit-Growing.jpg

Eventually the forbidden fruit was ready to harvest. Bruce picked his first and then Lucy picked hers. Once the Forbidden Fruit had been harvested Bruce moved out to his own Little Cupcake House.

Gerri, Klaus, Lucy, Lucinda and Louise are all living at Gerri's place. They will be the active household for the rest of this series.

Episode 43

I'm having a bit of an issue with making 15 sims pregnant at the same time. I'll persevere. See what happens. Luckily I saved as with a new name before starting the pollination of everyone. If it doesn't work for me I'll have to start again and spread them out a bit. I just want to get it completed in the next episode.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @Karritz I watched a few of your recent videos last night, 37-39. Fun stories! And some beautiful scenes too. You've built so many amazing lots. I enjoy seeing what you've created. And the sims seem to enjoy them all too. I added bowling to my Sims 4 game not too long ago. It's been great fun. I missed playing it in Sims 3.

So cute seeing your sims playing in the waves together. And the wedding venue was lovely. Beautiful bridal gowns too. All the romantic scenes were sweet. And you've provided great homes for your new couples. I like that you make sure they have a good start in life. I also try to upgrade certain appliances as soon as I can, even in starter homes. Those cheap appliances always break or cause bad moodlets for sims.

It was great to see some of the Sims 3 game play again! The gene-splicing machine, for instance. And I loved seeing the baby plant sim's "birth." Those types of births aren't in Sims 4. Thanks for sharing.

I'll be watching #40-42 in the next couple of days! I'll try to catch up on reading the comments in this thread too. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Karritz I watched vidoes 40-42 last night. More romance and marriages! I liked seeing the different activities too. More great stories. You're getting closer and closer to the badge.

After reading your comments here, I went back and checked the videos out in HD. I have my settings set for auto, so now that I chose HD for yours, they'll automatically play at that highest setting. They look really good. Clean, sharp shapes and colors.

Klaus is sure a unique sim! And fun to see Sims 3's Bonehilda. LOL at her obsession with the gnomes. Bonehilda finally made it into Sims 4 with the Paranormal Stuff Pack. You have to conjure her up with a seance table.
    y4mOFb9gAfnKHhVgdzJll9IOAJ37snySa0iQlJt6dYFBNOlSaw8TJritctJJX7NwgmTQLe1C2L8DHJuscxEVyHwtW8oZK5MN1_kpdQk6h8AAeTaATTQhpAZRy4DufExPvQb6G_OKGjgw4VxeU02GBzuRX9N5flUcnYzTJRpyLaFawD8pG9EBKRXMiNWZwiw7zYM?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    She still cleans, but she also helps fight off the evil ghost Temperance.
    y4mCFzTWumEfPr5QgEjWUS7rtA1OJ6bDliQvHJ9jCqfvNUgbqTXh3KTTKuoiEoxaP0VG_08NzqghCXk4LJ0koyHgsW7OA12qszkQrHDAgzwWtGXGBt013HL4it_kEBHnS1YKo5toNsihXt-gyMsWw70d6SoFwDfFkwDn-9W9fbKR87X9AuluSWAUkeSwNqRbnjz?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Your white mansion house is wonderful. Loved it. Beautifully decorated. I like my sims' homes to have lots of walking-around room and places for them to interact--and your homes always have that. Also liked your gardening area in the other home. Lovely.

Those scenes where the two sims were delivering babies at the same time were great. LOL at the one mom stopping her labor to freak out over the other laboring mom! Two more plant sim births too. Very cool. ... And next you're going to have 15 sims pregnant at the same time! Wow, brave gamer. :o:D

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed watching all the new videos. :)
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    @lanlyn I'm glad you enjoyed the videos and the HD version of the game. Someone living near me sent me a message about the bird videos suggesting I do them in HD and it took me a few days of investigating but I finally worked out how to load them as HD videos so I thought I'd do the same with the Sims 3 videos. I'm glad it has improved them for viewing. I will try to do all of my videos in HD now. I could make them higher quality but the file size goes up. Making them the default size results in an MP3 file that's about 6,000 KB and as 1080p that goes up to about 3,400,000 KB and to get it even bigger it goes up to around 8,000,000 KB and I don't have sufficient space on my hard drive nor do I have the time to load a file that size given the slow internet connection I have for loading.

I have made progress with the arrival of the 30 grandchildren though.

I am so excited. I had left the game to run as I couldn't do much while waiting for babies to be born. I've already recorded lots of video for the next episode. Well I just checked and there are 15 new babies in Gerri's family tree.

15-Grandchildren-Plus7.jpg

I will turn the computer off for the night now and will get her sons and daughters to start another 15 tomorrow. That'll probably take a couple days of game play, if I sit at the computer and interfere with it. I find I can generate crashes and all sorts of time wasting activities. Best if I just let it run while not in the room. Worst thing it does is stop running to make me OK a phone call or something. If anything deadly happens I can always shut down and reload.
  • Options
    Here is the link to the final episode of 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt.

If I do more videos with the sims from this series I'll probably call the next series something like the 'Holden Family'

Here's the link to the video
    https://youtu.be/Nd9vc6xHMjU

We get to see most of Gerri's 15 married children and their spouses in this episode. And the middle bit is spent in Gerri's house with her new housemates. The evil Klaus, the mean spirited imaginary friend made real, Lucy and Lucy's two plant sim toddlers.

They managed to inspire me to do more with all of the grandchildren and plant sims and any other toddlers or babies in the world. I am thinking about moving them all to a new world and adding a boarding school so I can get all of the toddlers and children and probably teens if the game lasts that long. They'll all move through the boarding school in groups and learn skills and get to know each other. When I'm tired of that I'll add their world to my Big Game.

The next video I plan to do is Oscar's Teen Years and he will be travelling around various worlds in the Big Game with his two travel companions Eric and Susanne. I'm thinking Oscar might visit the new world I'm moving the Holdens to and he might meet a few of them. I suppose most of the grandchildren will have to be teens by then for that to work.

Happy Simming and I hope you enjoy the video.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Karritz I miss that wishing well fishing activity. It was great having a convenient place for sims to fish at home. I recently built a small park in Sims 4 with a pond. The turtle log I added reminded me of your lake videos. :)
    y4mDC5Dd8oNLDExRHBSUx_cOW941gsHK0xswyxqn8ugOid34yyJsOkT2GQs8G1yOHW2GQAFRQJXov3X5FPgrocylJVqbjnDqH9HeOC0eaufG-J-VRoWfzvsoLb9X6q-zNiqlnpmk6J_W7JO_tUziTUjap6pix04Lux8x_NxtpriTFTrCQ7D6wzD40hEPnmVn5y3?width=320&height=361&cropmode=none
    Amazing family tree! Glad you were able to use the mod to help with that illusive badge! Master Controller and its modules are a must for me. You had lots of pollination going on. :D Big job finding those fifteen females.

I liked the plumbot playing the guitar. That's a nice park with the white sand and rose-colored water. Great seeing Klaus again. I always enjoyed the flower trails that plantsims made. Cute scenes with the new toddler exploring the garden. I like the crystal plants. I think they're pretty. Always fun watching the sims interacting with them too.

It's difficult to say goodbye to the families we've spent so much time with. I can understand why you'd want to continue checking in on them after the badge attempt. Disappointing that the game had so many issues with your trying to reach the grandchildren goal. But you did get the 30+ grandchildren even if the badge award never popped up. Great efforts! 👶 🏆 🥳 💃
  • Options
    @lanlyn that pond does look a lot like one of my lake shots except the waterlilys are yellow and the ones in the lake are light purple. I don't see frogs in the lake either but I went there one night recently and recorded the cachophony of the birds getting ready for sleep and as I walked back to the carpark stopped to record the sound of the frogs. I'll have to try to incorporate those recordings in a future video. I had my camera on Auto and it got a few pictures. Most of the video I recorded was unusable as I was walking along while recording. I can delete the video and just keep the audio from those recordings and add some of the still photos instead.

I'm really glad to see the end of 30 Grandchildren badge. But I gave each of the spouses a different look so I'd love to see how the babies turned out.

After not getting the badge I made a NRAAS Porter file of the entire population of Cake Island and placed them into a fresh game. Then got them all pollinated again and that resulted in another 31 babies (there was one set of twins born). Still no badge. I thought if I was logged in during the entire game from start to end it might help but apparently not.

This week I managed to get all of the second lot of 31 babies merged into their families. Then I started going through them and fixing family trees and culling inventories. I still have a long way to go with the fixing of family trees and fixing inventories. But I will put it away for a while and focus on Oscar's story for now. I'll get back the the Holdens (30 Grandchildren) from time to time and eventually get them into the Big Game.
  • Options
    @Karritz It's been a while since you did a video with Oscar. I remember watching a few of those--I think when he was a child. He's a teen now, right?
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Karritz It's been a while since you did a video with Oscar. I remember watching a few of those--I think when he was a child. He's a teen now, right?

Yes. The last episode I did of hus story he had a birthday and became a teen. I started a new playlist for his teen years. I've been playing his game this week. Mostly to familiarise myself with the sims in th e boarding school with him and to get most of them ready to return to their homes. I have recorded heaps of video so will start puttingbit together soon.
  • Options
    @Karritz Sounds like a fun story line. :)
  • Options
    This story has been popular and I'm continuing to include sims from this series in later videos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top