Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Livestream Discussion (Livestream Today)

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It was going well until they showed the actual wedding. I think we need some patches first.

Same happened with the Dream Home Decorator livestream.. It was going fine and then they got to the gameplay and the sims started waving their hands in the air and bugging out and those issues were never fixed
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I think i am going to have a few "practice" weddings. LOL

Maybe the rehearsal event will let you test everything before the big day.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Amazing new light! It looks like a dragon?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited February 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    It was going well until they showed the actual wedding. I think we need some patches first.

Same happened with the Dream Home Decorator livestream.. It was going fine and then they got to the gameplay and the sims started waving their hands in the air and bugging out and those issues were never fixed

I didn't watch that one, probably because I wasn't particularly interested in the pack (or maybe it was when I had my break from the game). It's funny and sad at the same time. I laughed when the bride walked away from the aisle.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    They didn't showcase the "deciding on wants and nots" - so no attraction system, or preferences of each of the sims they can then argue over?
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    Build buy seems very specific to weddings which is a shame, would've been nice to at least have new beds or something like that or maybe some Mediterranean decor for homes in the world..
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I was bored during that LS, they also seemed pretty bored.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    figgy wrote: »
    I think i am going to have a few "practice" weddings. LOL

Maybe the rehearsal event will let you test everything before the big day.

I sure hope so!!
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    thank you. Like I said I don't do events often and usually just birthdays on the day so never had the option to book ahead. Although pretty sure last birthday party started immediately so will have to check that out.

They mentioned that you can use the calendar to plan ahead. Or the phone to do it the same day.

Thank you I should check out that darn calendar more often. And I may have been using phone but can't remember now.

Oh, if you meant in the livestream, they mentioned you use calendar for planning ahead. With the phone option, the wedding starts right away/same day.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    They didn't show the hair/veils??? Srsly?
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    I'm really hoping they fix cutting the cake... Even now, it's sometimes a pain getting my sims to cut it.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I was hoping they would've showed more, like leading up to the wedding with Bach parties or a rehearsal dinner, but Im pretty pleased. I do love the build/buy and the world has a nice amount of lots to work with. A BIG thing with me was seeing Wedding Venue lots which Im super excited about! I have some wedding churches that I use but they're all parks which means I have sims coming to the wedding that I dont want at the wedding. Plus, I cant wait to go over them with new objects.
  • Options
    jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    I was bored during that LS, they also seemed pretty bored.

I feel like they could of showed some of the other events and more wedding gameplay. Like why not show off the officiants and sim of honours?
    Coukd of showed the hairs and veils.

The glitches though. Showed main wedding activities and all of them went wrong.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I really enjoyed the live stream even if we did not get to see everything. The presenter seems a little frazzled so I am thinking things are not as glitched as it came off in the stream. Either way, I like the pack and will be getting it even if I don't do weddings. : )
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    thank you. Like I said I don't do events often and usually just birthdays on the day so never had the option to book ahead. Although pretty sure last birthday party started immediately so will have to check that out.

They mentioned that you can use the calendar to plan ahead. Or the phone to do it the same day.

Thank you I should check out that darn calendar more often. And I may have been using phone but can't remember now.

I plan events on the calendar all the time. Currently you can plan ahead by opening the calendar and clicking any day (within 2 weeks), including the current day. Then you select the activity, guests list, and time and place. The phone only works to start the event right away.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The amount of time spent talking about how pretty the world and lots are was completely unnecessary. We get it, there's a new beautiful world with new beautiful lots built by game changers, thanks for the information, move on. Also pretty disappointed that there was no mention of any substantial base game addition, no memories, no chemistry system, just new colour swatches.

The gameplay in the pack itself looks very promising, I can definitely see myself using those customizable wedding events for events completely unrelated to weddings, as well as the various gameplay features like tea, new sand interactions, bouquets of flowers, slow dancing, etc. being very useful as well throughout my game. The amount of detail in the weddings themselves I'll admit is also quite impressive. Definitely not a day one purchase but will get it on sale eventually.

All in all my main critique here is that the guru's just don't know how to put on a good stream, they always seem somewhat disoriented and like they don't know what to talk about. I feel like they should hire people to run the stream professionally, or get a game changer to do it.

This! And aslo, they didn't show us any new traits or aspirations. So I have to conclude that there's none of them in this pack, which is a real bummer...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2022
    The wedding didn't interest me much and they didn't go through the objects and building objects properly so I think I'll wait until I see some reviews this time around. I think most of my Sims are going to get married in that Town Hall Registry Office! That was a very good idea and the town looked interesting to walk the dog.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited February 2022
    figgy wrote: »
    Oh no the bride left... Fix it before release, please!

Seems like we will need to rely on modders and/or turn off autonomy?

Bride left to put down her bouquet on a free surface. I think that will be solved by placing an unoccupied small table near the arch ;)

I was not very impressed with the party though. It felt quite technical and obviously guests did not even realize they were at a wedding or who were getting married. Guests turning their back to the couple dancing their first dance??? I'd expect the guess to cheer at them.

Loved most other stuff though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited February 2022
    Okay so in summary...
    • I liked the world. Very pretty, I'm surprised it did not look better during the trailer. And a lot of lots too and food stalls...
    • The new Build Buy items are nice, some of them are a little too much themed around weddings.
    • Way too many wedding cakes, I know that's a weird thing to complain about but these are resources going into the pack and...yeah.
    • The outfits look okay, I liked some of the male formal wear.
    • So many different events that you can plan for, but how different will they feel? And they are all focused on weddings? What do the bachelor parties look like?
    • It's nice that you can pick what you want to do during the event.
    • The wedding looked pretty empty, they should have invited more sims.
    • It feels like it was tricky to get the wedding to work as intended...you probably have to reset sims etc. Not great to see that things like cutting the cake did not work. I liked that sims reacted around them as they were getting married.
    • Slow dancing looked really nice, and it's nice that you could do interactions while you were dancing.

So overall, pretty world, nice items and interactions, but way too much focus on weddings and cakes...

I had also hoped that they would reveal a base game update that would improve romance, an attraction system or something that could help us play our sims like in the trailer, but unfortunately not, at least there were some new romantic interactions that you could do.
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    There were just a lot of questions left unanswered. For example can we slow dance without the dance floor? If they answered that question I missed it. I would have loved to see Bach Parties and all that entails. I’m still going to buy this pack but I would’ve loved to see more. They should get a game changer to do live streams
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Overall seems like the pack is probably decent for a game pack, not best or worse but alright. Though I don't think the showed it off very well at all in the livestream unfortunately.

The world looks really nice, though they did go on about it a bit. Biggest game pack world ever I think? Really happy with that. Not sure about CAS as they didn't show much, nothing on veils at all which was odd so hard to judge. Build/buy seemed small, I could have missed it but didn't see much regular house furniture for building in the new world - no beds, kitchens, sofas, etc.. Hope there is more in build mode that we didn't see though for exteriors/stairs/etc..

Also they need to fix the glitches! That stream was so buggy, plus the audio wasn't great either. I honestly think they need to hire game changers to do these streams though, they'd be much better. They kept missing things (like forgetting to look at veils!) and kept finding al the glitches, not the best advertisement for the pack tbh.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Well for me this livestream was awkward, everything went bad and there was no romantic feeling. Also the prime narrator seemed to break into tears considering how bad it worked out.