Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Livestream Discussion (Livestream Today)

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Thank you to @SimGuruRad and @SimGuruMorgan for showing off some of the new game pack. Must have been so hard to do that after getting bombarded with all those comments in the beginning due to the sad situation with Russian players not being able to buy the pack. :heartbreak:

I'm so impressed that this is a game pack with 9 residential lots, considering my other game packs have so few. I am definitely relocating some Sims here. The new world looks so pretty to explore. I love the new drawing in the sand actions. I also like having Sims with knowledge of a new world. It's fun to learn through the game by chatting with Sims. I look forward to that. The cakes and dresses looked so pretty. I'm happy they remembered those of us who play occult Sims and gave us Plasma, Beachy cakes for Vampires and Mermaids. The tea set is really cute. The couple's dance looked so cute. So excited to have child Sims be part of the wedding. I love the calendar holidays, but I don't play social events often. I love how you can edit and choose the wedding event options. I hope they add that feature for all the events. Would be nice if we could customize our own events in the calendar like that. I think right now we can just do that for holidays. Lots of things I'm looking forward to in this pack.

I would have liked to have seen some of the build buy objects and hair accessories and any jewelry, but I know lilsimsie and deligracy will deliver more in depth look at the items. I wish they planned to show a little of everything that's new, but it sounds like they only had one hour. It's cool that icemunmun got to work on the lot. She's one of my favourite custom food modders. I look forward to seeing what she created.

I feel there were some other features people were mentioning like wants and want nots or something. Maybe they were for a base game update and not the pack?

So exciting to see all the guests sitting in their chairs, but terribly tragic how the bride just wandered away from the alter like that and had some difficulty cutting the cake. Purpose of sitting in the chairs is to watch the wedding. There's no wedding if the bride just wanders off like she's drunk on Russian Vodka and can't cut the cake. Lets work on those bugs ok. :neutral:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,413 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't paying attention to the livestream very much once I saw the world. I guess I'll be honest at that point and say it's the world that's the whole reason why I'm getting the pack, especially once I saw the lot sizes. I've got an idea I'd like to play out, and felt a different world would be nice, and Tartosa's climate and environment seems like a good chance for that.
    I also want the world. I was never much into the wedding pack idea although I will use it. It's the world and slow dance for me. I have no complaints about the stream though things seemed a bit glitchy.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    My Pros:

- I like that they gave us different options as to how we want to put our weddings together-either by window shopping, going directly through the menu, or baking the cake & creating the flower arrangements ourselves.
    - For some reason, I wasn't thinking that we'd be able to have weddings on our home lots, even though we technically already can, lol.
    - I LOVE that we can do group line dancing! :D The slow dancing looks great, as well!
    - The CAS looks really nice!
    - Tartosa is absolutely beautiful.
    - The cakes are so pretty! They're just what I've always wanted.
    - The new sand interactions are adorable!
    - I like that we don't HAVE to complete all of our goals. That would have been really stressful.
    - It seems easy enough to plan the actual events since it's just like planning holidays.

My Cons:

- It seems a little confusing & overwhelming with all of the different ceremonies, lol. I wonder if we can have the ceremony & reception on the sane day?
    - No veils, really?
    - It doesn't seem like there are a lot of new hair styles.
    - I was hoping for some new furniture that my sims could use in their every day lives, but as I feared, it's all very wedding party specific.
    - So the flowers & cake have to be in one of our sim's inventories if we want to have a wedding on a different lot?
    - I like to give my sims multiple formal outfits, so I don't know how I'm going to make sure that they wear the right ones, lol.
    - I also thought that we'd be able to choose the specific outfits for our wedding parties, but it looks like we just get to choose the color.

Overall, I'm excited. There's a ton of gameplay--just not a ton of build & buy, which is usually the biggest reason why I buy a pack.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,043 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The slowdancing doesn't look as romantic as in previous interactions, there's too much weird bouncing.

Yeah if one was pro dancer it would probably be frustrating to watch :lol:

they were kinda lacking the graceful elegant dreamy vibes i was hoping for

i think its the unsteady hands making shovel shovel jumpy jump motion and the leg stomp stomping and the bending looking like they bout to wrestle

but despite all that it was cute and I do prefer having too much movement to having too little movement tbh

like hey at least they tried they're twirling and all I would have been more upset if it was just long hug switch leg teenage disco dance

I'll just pretend the sims are little silly and not very good dancers and trying their best
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    My Pros:

- I like that they gave us different options as to how we want to put our weddings together-either by window shopping, going directly through the menu, or baking the cake & creating the flower arrangements ourselves.
    - For some reason, I wasn't thinking that we'd be able to have weddings on our home lots, even though we technically already can, lol.
    - I LOVE that we can do group line dancing! :D The slow dancing looks great, as well!
    - The CAS looks really nice!
    - Tartosa is absolutely beautiful.
    - The cakes are so pretty! They're just what I've always wanted.
    - The new sand interactions are adorable!
    - I like that we don't HAVE to complete all of our goals. That would have been really stressful.
    - It seems easy enough to plan the actual events since it's just like planning holidays.

My Cons:

- It seems a little confusing & overwhelming with all of the different ceremonies, lol. I wonder if we can have the ceremony & reception on the sane day?
    - No veils, really?
    - It doesn't seem like there are a lot of new hair styles.
    - I was hoping for some new furniture that my sims could use in their every day lives, but as I feared, it's all very wedding party specific.
    - So the flowers & cake have to be in one of our sim's inventories if we want to have a wedding on a different lot?
    - I like to give my sims multiple formal outfits, so I don't know how I'm going to make sure that they wear the right ones, lol.
    - I also thought that we'd be able to choose the specific outfits for our wedding parties, but it looks like we just get to choose the color.

Overall, I'm excited. There's a ton of gameplay--just not a ton of build & buy, which is usually the biggest reason why I buy a pack.

I’m still pretty excited about the pack, too. I pretty much want the world, the details for events, the cakes and cake toppers, and the little shops, some B/B and CAS items, the aisle rug, the Flower Pal and Ring bearer, and swimming in the world.

I’m wanting to see more of the pack from Deligracy and lilliesimie for more of the little details, but I will be getting this pack sometime soon, regardless. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    I hate to say it, but I've been left with more questions than answers...

Me thinks the gurus are going to be spending a lot more time on twitter over the next 6 days answering the inevitable gazillion questions due to the shortfall of this livestream?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I missed the start of the stream - did they specifically say where the water is swimmable? I know the water by the waterfalls are, but any other place than that?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Aine wrote: »
    I missed the start of the stream - did they specifically say where the water is swimmable? I know the water by the waterfalls are, but any other place than that?

I’m pretty sure one of the presenting gurus said that one of the areas near the beach is supposedly swimmable, but they didn’t show the sims swimming or zoom in to show which one, etc.

I hope they can swim in the bigger ocean area…
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    In theory it was nice but i saw a glitchy mess. Even the person showcasing the whole thing looked tired and depressed by the end of it. As she was trying to make the couple walking down the aisle, the bride just ran off, then they went the opposite way, then the cake animation didn’t work, then they all stood by the buffet not doing anything, etc… etc i’m disappointed but not surprised. This is not okay and embarrassing to be honest. We’re talking about a multi billionaire company that introduced this game 22 years ago, and the 4th opus 8 years ago and spouses still have problems cutting the cake and walking down the isle ? what’s going on with this company…

I’m worried this will never be patched like dine out or snowy escape. And since weddings are already base game what is the point of paying 20 dollars if you can’t make work the key features because of how glitchy the game pack is ? i’m very confused.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,413 Member
    edited February 2022

I’m pretty sure one of the presenting gurus said that one of the areas near the beach is supposedly swimmable, but they didn’t show the sims swimming or zoom in to show which one, etc.

Yes they said there's some sort of effect in the water on that lot (the beach lot) when you swim at night. I was extremely worried about the water not being swimmable, but it seems like it is.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Well for me this livestream was awkward, everything went bad and there was no romantic feeling. Also the prime narrator seemed to break into tears considering how bad it worked out.

I think that was morgan. Ninja confirmed that she seems ok now on Twitter. I think the gurus are really stressed out or tired idk.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    Pretty disappointing that there was a dining table available for them to eat at, yet everybody stood up (including clipping issues with plates going through sims) and ate around the buffet table. Pretty realistic in what to expect when playing.

I did have to laugh during several scenes while watching.
    When she washed dishes in the bathroom sink.
    ceuqS89.png

When there was some sort of routing failure.
    sUKpbNo.png

When I saw the fashion disaster NPC walking past the ceremony looking like something special.
    otCENIQ.png

Clipping during the buffet eating
    SwHol4P.png

I tend to make this face instead of laughing when things like that happens.

b1Nn0Ls.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    So, wedding cakes have the option to be sold to local bakery after baking for 200 simoleons and can also be sold in retail venues via Get to Work, bouquets can be made with Seasons, and kept in vases, so I assume they too could be sold in a retail venue as well*, as can the formal wear. I see new life coming for Magnolia Promenade in my game.

I enjoyed the livestream. I agree the Gurus sounded off, but it's not surprising considering how EA stepped all over the pack release yesterday. I am excited for this pack. I love that:
    • There is a new wedding venue lot type coming for base game.
    • Weddings are fully customizable.
    • Weddings are not timed.
    • A wedding that is planned in the calendar can be re-edited any number of times until it's time for the event.
    • Wedding cakes are fully customizable.
    • Bouquets can be made at the flower arranging table if Seasons is installed.
    • Bouquets and cakes can be purchased at the stalls or online.
    • The world is gorgeous.
    • Kids are included in activities from the pack.

I know there's stuff I forgot; I intend to rewatch the stream later. But I am excited to play with this pack.

*Edited to add:

Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,571 Member
    Oh dear. I guess there were good points - the world is beautiful and I was impressed with the slow dancing - but...

Why so much annoying clicking required? Click to seat the guests, click to get the bouquet out, click to walk down the aisle, click to put the bouquet away, click to say vows, click to walk back up the aisle.. surely it could have all been automated? One click on the aisle to select walk down the aisle and marry - this could have auto selected to call guests to sit, auto got the bouquet out if one was in the inventory, auto put it away in the inventory at the arch and then start the vows straight away. It was all so dreadfully awkward!

Everyone gathered around the buffet to eat... why didn't they set out a few tables? Nobody watched the toasts.

The bb stuff they got out was too far away to see and I would have been happier to skip that and see more gameplay. So much was missed altogether.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    figgy wrote: »
    They didn't showcase the "deciding on wants and nots" - so no attraction system, or preferences of each of the sims they can then argue over?

I'm pretty sure this was the part where they chose what they did/didn't want for the wedding on the calendar event.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Ah okay, I hope there's at least once part of the ocean beach that is swimmable, and not just the one at the water falls.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    In theory it was nice but i saw a glitchy mess. Even the person showcasing the whole thing looked tired and depressed by the end of it. As she was trying to make the couple walking down the aisle, the bride just ran off, then they went the opposite way, then the cake animation didn’t work, then they all stood by the buffet not doing anything, etc… etc i’m disappointed but not surprised. This is not okay and embarrassing to be honest. We’re talking about a multi billionaire company that introduced this game 22 years ago, and the 4th opus 8 years ago and spouses still have problems cutting the cake and walking down the isle ? what’s going on with this company…

I’m worried this will never be patched like dine out or snowy escape. And since weddings are already base game what is the point of paying 20 dollars if you can’t make work the key features because of how glitchy the game pack is ? i’m very confused.

Same, but I will say cutting the cake, which is a base game interaction, has never worked for me. I wasn’t surprised it still doesn’t work. Overall it looks like there’s a lot more micromanaging to weddings but they’re still basically uninteresting. Maybe a small backyard wedding wasn’t the best one to show off with. I think it would have been more interesting if they had shown some of the various parties you can do and how all of it can lead up to the wedding.
  • Options
    figgy wrote: »
    They didn't showcase the "deciding on wants and nots" - so no attraction system, or preferences of each of the sims they can then argue over?

I think this aspect (want nots) is just speculation and overhype from some simmers. I believe it’s just a figure of speech in the choosing of how to customize your wedding aspect with the calendar and such.

The attraction system was not mentioned, and if there ever is one, I would expect it to be more of a base game update thing. They haven’t mentioned it as a feature of the pack, so I doubt it would be in this pack.
    (She/her)
  • Options

Ah okay, I hope there's at least once part of the ocean beach that is swimmable, and not just the one at the water falls.

I hope I didn’t misunderstand the presenter, though, and she was actually just still talking about the waterfall. But, the main sims were walking on the beach and then she mentioned getting a swimming buff when discussing the beach activities (like drawing in the sand, playing in the sand, etc).

Unless she meant to keep speaking about the waterfall area that we have already moved on from, and she mixed the two, lol.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    When there was some sort of routing failure.
    sUKpbNo.png

Does anyone know if this is a recent bug? I had the exact same thing happen when I was playing yesterday, my sim wouldn't leave the bathroom for some unknown reason and was just waving her hands in the air even though the door was easily reachable
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other than the main person presenting things just sounded tired and like she wished she could be anywhere else, I enjoyed getting to see things in the Live Stream. My takeaway is that I would buy the pack just for the new world. That starter lot on a small private island in particular...I want that. haha

Pack looks good, but the livestream just left me wanting to see more...and presented by someone with more personality and energy. I'm looking forward to LilSimsie putting something up that explores the pack, personally.

Everyone gathered around the buffet to eat... why didn't they set out a few tables? Nobody watched the toasts.

The bb stuff they got out was too far away to see and I would have been happier to skip that and see more gameplay. So much was missed altogether.

I had the SAME exact thoughts at those points in the presentation. I mean, who would put out a banquet table, but then not include anywhere to sit down while eating? Just silly. Also kind of typical of people who do a lot of "builds" who don't actually do a lot of "play"...their stuff looks nice but is not playable unedited.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I just finished the stream and although I'm getting it the day it drops because the Build/Buy looks awesome along with all the town and wedding options (I'm still in awe over how many cakes there were and that they added cupcake wedding cakes which was a great bonus), that livestream was.... rough.

The sim gurus sounded bored. There were barely any guests at the wedding and it all seemed as rushed as the livestream. I didn't like how fast the sims walked down the aisle or how the flower girl didn't start throwing petals till she was towards the end.

Also I would've loved to have seen a best man/maid of honor at the wedding and where they stood at the end of their walk down the aisle with another sim. Do they sit down or just move aside? I guess we'll never know though until it releases...
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I had the SAME exact thoughts at those points in the presentation. I mean, who would put out a banquet table, but then not include anywhere to sit down while eating? Just silly. Also kind of typical of people who do a lot of "builds" who don't actually do a lot of "play"...their stuff looks nice but is not playable unedited.

There was a banquet table and chairs on the opposite side of the dance floor to the buffet table. It could be a placement issue as to why the Sims did not use it.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Question - from the trailer it looked like there would perhaps be more/better photography options and the ability to hang those photos up that aren't taken by a household sim. Did anyone else see that? I don't think they showed it on the livestream but I'd love to be able to take wedding photos without them all being selfies/having to add a random sim to your household to do it....
    Origin ID: ExxCee