Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridezilla and her Scam Wedding Company

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited February 2022
    I just thought it was a way of showing one of the many ways we could play and there's no need to take it so seriously. I do all kinds of things with my Sims I'd never consider in real life, like breaking up married couples because I want my Sim to marry a particular Sim or drowning them in freezing pools. It's a virtual dollhouse and you can do or not do whatever you want.

I was mostly focused on the items, clothes, hairs, and gameplay they were showing, because that's what I'll pay for or not.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    In real life I would agree but I bet they wanted to showcase all the juicy things to be done with this pack

I agree, it was just a way to show that you can make it dramatic in creative ways, that it's not cookbook plain vanilla perfect happiness all the time, strictly enforced. that's all I saw was "Hey look! We got drama here, you can be naughty and make mayhem too if you want!"

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    It was a good way to show the kind of drama you can set up in your game. Although, seriously, I'd have liked it better if best friend/bridesmaid/wedding planner had jumped up and stopped the wedding instead, with resulting tears and tantrums. That's always fun, and it makes her a little more forceful. I'd like the option of a few arguments and fistfights at the wedding or reception. If you are giving me drama, I want it big.

I didn't like Bridezilla either, and I question how happy they will be in a marriage where they essentially switched partners at the wedding and humiliated the groom. That is so tacky - which can be fun in game, don't get me wrong, but eh, I'm just not feeling this pack. I'm not planning on buying this any time soon, but Bridezilla would meet a sad and possibly violent end in my game, and the other bride probably would be miserable, too because she needs punishment for being so wimpy. >:)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? It was so depressing. The bride basically cheated on her fiancé and then jilted him at the alter. She was obviously romantically involved with the wedding planner. The company and wedding was a scam. That was not a romantic love story that makes me want to throw a wedding. I think I'm going to go play the game and divorce some couples now.

I hope they add bridezilla here to the gallery. She is a gold digging monster who needs to meet the Calientes.

"Don't worry. He doesn't suspect a thing. I'll tell him about us. At the wedding. :smirk: "
    gbIm7bA.png

"Can you believe that guy is just standing at the alter waiting for me? :smirk: Did the payments for our wedding planning company go through?"
    uOg1m5z.png

"Oh they did? Great! Let's show him who I really want to marry with that money."
    uumdWaZ.png

"I know. I'm evil. So evil. Don't I look it in my white pant suit with black lace showing and birdcage wedding veil?"
    R5L35Us.png

"No one will walk her down the aisle at her wedding. I better walk her down the aisle like she asked me to or she said she would kill me with poisoned ice cream."
    "3ZMeUNd.png"

"I just met you, but I already think I'm in love. Although, I should probably not be so naive, it's what made me so easy to manipulate and scam."
    XFnAD5A.png

"I like to keep photos on the wall of all the men I've jilted over the years and tricked into funding my fake wedding planning company. I bake the wedding cakes again just for fun."
    rLU24Op.png

Thanks for the laughs! That was a great story! B)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I too hated the bridezella. What she did was plain evil. I see backing out of the marriage if it isn't right. That is a good thing, but the way she did it was the worse way possible. It angered me. Guess if you can't sell a pack on it's merits you got to do something to distract form it.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love how @Elliandre set up the plot and storyline, I could see a nice Midsomer murder plot going on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    If they added these sims as household in new world I will probably plot their death to clear some space :lol:

I mean they already had happy life what I'm supposed to do? make them more happy? nah.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I thought the little story was contrived and, in the end, very tacky. If these Sims come with the pack, they'll be deleted and replaced like all of the other premade Sims.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It didn't bother me I don't find myself straight and I make far more messed up stuff generally within the rating of the game. To me the maid of honor or whatever was just pathetic unable to just be happy for her friend or be a rock and urge the other to take a step back and see if she was making the right choice so uh...I would break them up lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I too did not like the trailer. They should have, at least, focused on the groom's successful marriage with his wife into their old age instead. That would have made more sense than what they decided to go with. What they went with makes no sense. Anyone who is so fickle as to change their mind so quick about who they want to spend their life with would never stick with someone. The least little thing and they will be off to find someone else.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Personally I thought the trailer was hilarious and I never take the Sims seriously. Because they are the Sims. Bob & Betty in the original were the most dysfunctional couple ever. Took a lot of effort to keep those two happy. Nice to see some drama continue. Well done!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've thought that they are best friends & she's her Sims of Honour for the initial wedding. Hence, she was so heartbroken when they guy proposed to the lady? And from the trailers, it shows that both the lady & the guys don't have similar tastes, so, it's pretty much shows how different they are.

So, during the pre-wedding party, the breaking point was the guy completely drunk & ignored the lady. I'm totally fine with all the dramas, after all, I'm pretty sure this is happening IRL too. Don't you think it's better to marry someone that you love & live together till you're old, than divorce when you can't agree on a simple thing like a cake flavour?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? It was so depressing. The bride basically cheated on her fiancé and then jilted him at the alter. She was obviously romantically involved with the wedding planner. The company and wedding was a scam. That was not a romantic love story that makes me want to throw a wedding. I think I'm going to go play the game and divorce some couples now.

I hope they add bridezilla here to the gallery. She is a gold digging monster who needs to meet the Calientes.

"Don't worry. He doesn't suspect a thing. I'll tell him about us. At the wedding. :smirk: "
    gbIm7bA.png

"Can you believe that guy is just standing at the alter waiting for me? :smirk: Did the payments for our wedding planning company go through?"
    uOg1m5z.png

"Oh they did? Great! Let's show him who I really want to marry with that money."
    uumdWaZ.png

"I know. I'm evil. So evil. Don't I look it in my white pant suit with black lace showing and birdcage wedding veil?"
    R5L35Us.png

"No one will walk her down the aisle at her wedding. I better walk her down the aisle like she asked me to or she said she would kill me with poisoned ice cream."
    "3ZMeUNd.png"

"I just met you, but I already think I'm in love. Although, I should probably not be so naive, it's what made me so easy to manipulate and scam."
    XFnAD5A.png

"I like to keep photos on the wall of all the men I've jilted over the years and tricked into funding my fake wedding planning company. I bake the wedding cakes again just for fun."
    rLU24Op.png

Thanks for making me smile. I love your theory! 😂😂😂

I liked the trailer as it showed some of the things you can do and buy. It did remind me of Sims 2 drama.
    I think the world will be visually appealing.

I’d say she planned the whole thing just to get his money for her real wedding. It’s a shame you can’t set family relationships afterwards as she’s definitely a Caliente! 😂

If I get the pack I might move her in with Dina and Nina!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Why are people saying the groom was drunk? Is that even possible in the Sims? I thought he was just exhausted from all the wedding planning and parties.

Anyway, I just thought the trailer was the usual Sims silliness and drama. But I also loved the OP's take on it. I laughed reading it. It's cool people see the same trailer in so many different ways.

I also wonder if the featured couple will be young or old when the pack is released?
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

telemwill wrote: »

I also wonder if the featured couple will be young or old when the pack is released?

I saw a guru response in another thread that said the couple will be elders. I'm sorry that I can't remember which thread it was.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

I saw a guru response in another thread that said the couple will be elders. I'm sorry that I can't remember which thread it was.

Thank you! I was hoping for that actually.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    As bridezilla and her evil wedding planning partner are unhoused elder townies, will we still be able to put them in a house, age them back down to adults, and make them miserable? If we delete them from the game, will they be replaced by other townies who know the lore?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    As bridezilla and her evil wedding planning partner are unhoused elder townies, will we still be able to put them in a house, age them back down to adults, and make them miserable? If we delete them from the game, will they be replaced by other townies who know the lore?

Based on what they said in the Livestream you will be able to move them in from the Manage Households and play as them as you want. They also indicated they are special townies though, with special conversation options that reveal the lore of the world, so you may want to opt to not play as them right away until you have explored that option. If it works like most of the other "special" npc's in other packs, once you play as them they lose their role.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022

They could be immortal like Mrs. Crumplebottom, which just makes the torment more delicious! >:)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The trailer is definitely the kind of drama that could happen in my game >:)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thank you so much to everyone who supported my much darker take on the trailer’s wedding story. I have become totally obsessed and tonight I took a bunch of screenshots and created a whole story feature. This was so much fun. I can’t wait to add these premades to My Wedding Stories: The Tartosa Island Supernatural Soap Opera Edition. Here is my Sims Wedding Album so far if anyone would like to have a read. I have seven chapters so far. Don't judge me. :lol:

CHAPTER ONE:

MUocWLm.png
    Postcard to Katrina Caliente: Hi Mom. It’s me. Camille. The baby you gave up for adoption. I finally found you … at last! I’m studying my Masters Degree in the History of Tartosa Island at Britechester University. So incredible that Dina and Nina found me at University. Can you believe we were in the same dorm? This is my girlfriend Dominique, she’s studying Fine Art. This rich boy is so in love with me, he’s studying to be a Doctor. Eventually I’ll tell him about Camille, but not yet, he’s paying for my rent and our trip to the island. Uh, listen, can you send me money for next semester’s tuition? Haven’t got a penny. I heard you’re rich. Thanks. -Your loving daughter, Camille.

7W3TC3Z.png?1
    Don Lothario: “Nina, that’s crazy! You have a long lost sister?!”
    Nina Caliente: “Omg, I know, right?! Mom and Dad were actually once ... impoverished! Like Dina and I were actually born in a Hovel ... called Daisy! After Dad died, Mom found out she was pregnant. It was too much of a challenge to have three toddlers. She didn’t know what to do so she gave up her baby. Dina and I have been searching for her for years. It’s been our family secret. I just thought you should know.”
    Don: “Woah. I can’t believe you kept that from me. Is she hot like the rest of you?”
    Nina: “You’re dumb, Don. I sometimes don’t know why I agreed to marry you. Especially after you flunked out of Uni and had to move in with us.”
    Don: “Aw, come on. You love me. So cool that Camille’s girlfriend works as a wedding planner. She can plan our wedding!”

9FAmTbI.png?1
    Katrina Caliente: “Now Dina, you are my pride and joy, I’m so proud of you, a PhD student in Villainy, remember, marry rich and stay young! Find someone at University on his way to becoming a man like that Mortimer Goth, so rich and handsome! Don’t be like your sister Nina and bring home a dropout Mooch like Don. Marrying for love isn’t worth it. Poverty brings pain and suffering. And I’m sorry, but I can’t give Camille any money. If I do, she will just beg me for more. She’ll find her way. Tell her to marry that rich boy! You’ve been looking for her for so many years. I’m so happy you found each other ... at last!”

a057pJd.png?1
    Camille and Dominique’s friends on Tartosa: “Oh no, Cam. You couldn’t get any money from your birth Mother? That’s too bad. Just forget about it. It’s not like you were looking for her anyway. Maybe your sisters betrayed you and told her you and Dom both flunked out of school and can’t pay your tuition debt. Just stay here with us. There’s lots of work on Tartosa island for Wedding Planners. There’s wedding parties night and day here.”
  • Options
    CHAPTER TWO:

M7UiqaE.png
    Camille: “Oh, come on, it’s the perfect plan. He doesn’t even know about us! He will propose to ME. Then I will hire YOU as the wedding planner. I will choose all the most expensive things for the wedding. He will pay for everything. Then I will ditch him at the alter and we will use the money to pay off our debts, transfer to Tartosa University, and live here with our friends! “
    Dominique: “I don’t know, it sounds so risky ... and the guy is sooo nice! I don’t want to hurt him. He’s our friend! Besides, you’ve only been pretending to date him for a few months so he pays our rent. How will you get him to propose to you?“
    Camille: “I’m a Caliente! You’ve met my sisters, haven’t you? He WILL propose! Everything will work out perfectly. Don’t worry, it will be fine. Dom, we’ve known each other since foster care. I don’t want to be poor anymore. I just want us to have a good life. A beautiful wedding of our own! I want to learn the history of this place, watch you paint island sunrises, and just forget our past in Willow Creek.”
    Dominique: “I’m so worried. Can’t you just text your ex-boyfriend Bob Pancakes and ask him for more money?”
    Camille: “His wife hates me! Bob and I had an affair when she was pregnant with Iggy, remember? She’s still not over it. If she finds out we’re texting again, she’ll just divorce him. He’s the only man in the world who was ever good to me. I don’t want to wreck his life.”
    Dominique: He sounds really nice. I hope to meet him one day.

EEC6VcJ.png
    Friend from University: “Camille. I know we’ve just been dating for a few months, but I just know you are The One. Will you marry me?”
    Camille: “Omg it worked .. uhh .. I mean.. YES! Of course I will marry you!”

FNCrAQK.png
    Fiance: “Camille. Isn’t it great that we met a Wedding Planner at Britechester? Let’s choose the perfect wedding cake.”
    Camille: “How about this chocolate cake? It’s the best one on Dom’s menu.”
    Fiance: “Umm ... nooo … it doesn’t taste good.”
    Camille thinks to herself: Omg seriously? What kind of person doesn’t like chocolate cake?

7I742Ev.png
    Fiance: “Oh, this strawberry cake tastes great!
    Camille: “Oh, okay. Let’s go with that one.”
    Camille thinks to herself: Omg, his breath is so stinky. I can’t wait for this plan to be over so I don’t have to pretend to date him anymore.
  • Options
    CHAPTER THREE:

FX8H0eg.png
    Camille: “Ready? Let’s make out right now so we can call off the wedding!”
    Dominique: “What, right here?! In the aisle?! Oh no, why did I let you talk me into Dina’s crazy plan.”
    Camille: “Well if I keep going, I’ll end up marrying him! And I want to marry you!
    Dominique: “I have a really bad feeling about this plan. Maybe you should just talk to him about our money situation.”
    Camille: “Nope. Dina said kiss her on the way to the alter. A plans a plan. Gotta stick to it.”

caaMALM.png
    Camille: “I am so sorry. I had no idea I, you know, loved another woman, until just this moment. I was just so overwhelmed with my love for her, that I kissed her. I don’t know why. I’m not sure, but I think I’m a Lesbian. I just can’t marry you.
    Dominique thinks to herself: How will this work? How will we get away with this? Is he really as stupid as Dina says he is?

3Xj2IQ9.png
    Dominique: Dina was right. He is such a good person he didn’t even ask me for a refund. I feel so horrible. We broke his heart.
    Camille: Don’t worry. Think of all the money. He’ll get over it. Dina set him up with one of the bridesmaids. One day he will thank us for finding him his wife.
    Dominique: I don’t think we should go through with the next plan. Isn’t one scam enough? You really want to scam another guy? This Caleb Vatore seems a whole lot smarter than the other guy.
    Camille: He is even richer!! I heard he lives in a huge mansion. He is looking for a wedding planner for his wedding. We will just do the exact same thing. Dina agrees it will work.
    Dominique: Your sister Nina is a nice person. But that Dina is just trouble brewing. I can feel it.

E4Wck66.png
    Dominique: Cam? Cam, what’s wrong?! What happened?
    Camille: I don’t feel so good. I don’t think we should go on the air balloon date.
    Dominique: Okay, sure. Let’s go home. Was it something you ate?
    Camille: I just… I just don’t remember … Last thing I remember I was on my way to see Caleb … and then … I just don’t remember.
    Dominique: Did you see Caleb?
    Camille: No, no I didn’t see him yet.
    Dominique: Okay, let’s just go home.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

It is very rare for me to have a full-blown, out-loud laugh all the way from the belly just from reading anything in the forums here. You succeeded in getting one. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    CHAPTER FOUR:

BzBUB8U.png?1
    Caleb: Honey, there’s something I have to tell you. My trip to Tartosa to find a wedding planner didn’t go so well. I bit someone.
    Kiersten: You BIT our wedding planner?!
    Caleb: No, not her. It’s just, this woman showed up at the hotel I was staying at and I read her mind. She was planning to try and seduce me and trick me into marrying her so she and her girlfriend, the wedding planner, could steal the money. I became so angry. I just bit her. Then I wiped her memory.
    Kiersten: Omg Caleb, you made an evil wedding planner Vampire?
    Caleb: You have to help me. She will turn and then rip apart the whole island in her hunger. I am a ripper. I make only ripper fledglings. Can you send a ghost to haunt her so she stays in her house until she fully transitions and then I will go talk to her? I have to help her!
    Kiersten: No! You know I can’t just keep summoning ghosts every time you bite someone. They don’t belong here. She seems very brave. She might not even stay in her house. You should ask your friend Morgyn for help. He can cast a spell on her.
    Caleb: So can you! You are getting stronger in Magic!
    Kiersten: I am just too weak from dispelling ghosts in this haunted house. I’m sorry, Caleb, I can’t help.

VFcagiA.png?1
    Lilith: Seriously, Caleb? AGAIN?! How could you do this?
    Caleb: I didn’t mean to! You know that. I don’t know what to do! I’ll have to bring her here.
    Lilith: Vlad will find out and try to maker her join his coven. You know how he prizes your fledgling Vampires. You better go talk to Morgyn. Maybe he can cast a spell on her.
    Caleb: I can’t! I haven’t even told him about the wedding. He’s my ex boyfriend and Kiersten doesn’t know that ... And you know he’s still angry I fed on his students!
    Lilith: You have to! There’s no one else who can help! He still has feelings for you. I’m sure he will help you!

x56MVP4.png?1
    Caleb: Uh, hi .. Morgyn. I know you said I’m not allowed at the school anymore, but I need to talk to you.
    Morgyn: Go away, Caleb. I’m busy. And I know about your wedding. Your sister already told me. It’s fine. I don’t want to talk about it. Go back to Forgotten Hollow.
    Caleb: Lilith told you?! Ugh. Anyway. That’s not what I wanted to talk to you about right now. I accidentally turned someone. I need your help to train another fledgling.
    Morgyn: You turned ANOTHER person? Arrrgh. Fine. I will go with you to this island. After this you had better get yourself under control. Vlad will just keep stealing your fledgelings and I’m tired of cleaning up your messes.
    Caleb: Don’t you think I know that? I’m trying! By the way, you’re the one who broke up with ME! You can’t blame me for moving on and finding true love. I want you to come to my wedding.
    Morgyn: Did you though? I don’t believe it. You are too narcissistic for true love. Stop trying to win me back with your stupid jealousy games.
    Caleb: I’m not though. I love Kiersten.
    Morgyn: I don’t believe you. You just want that haunted house. I know you.
    Caleb: Morgyn. You should dye your hair back to light blonde. It looks like cheese.

CJe89O6.png
    Cat Cove (Vlad’s wife): Did you hear the news, Vlad? Caleb has turned another fledgeling. This one is on Tartosa Island. And she is perfect to join our coven, so evil. The whole island is talking about her scandalous wedding. I read her mind. The wedding was fake. She planned it all with the Caliente girls!
    Vlad: Oh marvelous. Bring her to me. One day I will have those girls as well. Just not today. I don’t want any problems with their Mother.
    Miss Hades (Cat’s sister): Is she a spellcaster?
    Vlad: No. Worse. Katrina is my ex-wife. I haven’t seen her in 15 years. We were married before I met Cat.
    Cat: Yes, sister. Vlad had another wife before me. I never told you. She was very beautiful. She came to see my daughter Aspen when she was born and bless her. I invited her to visit again, but she never did.
    Vlad: Katrina would have made a great vampire! She killed her first husband so she could marry me. She was very poor and struggling and wanted desperately to be rich. She just couldn’t handle the vampire life. She got pregnant after our marriage, but sadly we lost the baby. Dina and Nina lived here when they were children. I was the only father they ever knew. They just don’t remember me. Morgyn and Caleb conspired with Katrina to help her leave me. They set the Calientes up in Oasis Springs and wiped the girl’s memories and gave them false ones. It’s only a matter of time before my girls remember me, remember how badly they wanted to become vampires. I will have them back one day!
    Miss Hades: Morgyn is a Sage. He is a very powerful Spellcaster. We should not trouble ourselves with him.
    Cat: Vlad, this fledgeling Vampire Caleb created is a sister to the Caliente girls. She is 25 years old. Is it possible she is your child?!
    Vlad: It can’t be! Katrina lost the baby!
    Cat: I think she has deceived you! She must be yours. Our daughter always wanted a big sister. Let’s bring her home.
    Post edited by Elliandre on