Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridezilla and her Scam Wedding Company

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? It was so depressing. The bride basically cheated on her fiancé and then jilted him at the alter. She was obviously romantically involved with the wedding planner. The company and wedding was a scam. That was not a romantic love story that makes me want to throw a wedding. I think I'm going to go play the game and divorce some couples now.

I hope they add bridezilla here to the gallery. She is a gold digging monster who needs to meet the Calientes.

"Don't worry. He doesn't suspect a thing. I'll tell him about us. At the wedding. :smirk: "
gbIm7bA.png

"Can you believe that guy is just standing at the alter waiting for me? :smirk: Did the payments for our wedding planning company go through?"
uOg1m5z.png

"Oh they did? Great! Let's show him who I really want to marry with that money."
uumdWaZ.png

"I know. I'm evil. So evil. Don't I look it in my white pant suit with black lace showing and birdcage wedding veil?"
R5L35Us.png

"No one will walk her down the aisle at her wedding. I better walk her down the aisle like she asked me to or she said she would kill me with poisoned ice cream."
"3ZMeUNd.png"

"I just met you, but I already think I'm in love. Although, I should probably not be so naive, it's what made me so easy to manipulate and scam."
XFnAD5A.png

"I like to keep photos on the wall of all the men I've jilted over the years and tricked into funding my fake wedding planning company. I bake the wedding cakes again just for fun."
rLU24Op.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    The trailer itself shows the dude has no hard feelings about it, considering he's even the Sim of Honor for the gals wedding. Better for a wedding to break up than a huge divorce!

For I just was like -chefs kiss at the drama-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    You're not alone. I was side-eyeing through most of it.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    The trailer itself shows the dude has no hard feelings about it, considering he's even the Sim of Honor for the gals wedding. Better for a wedding to break up than a huge divorce!

For I just was like -chefs kiss at the drama-

This. Here's some of that drama people have been wanting. :p
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I did think they were kinda romanticizing cheating (which is not too uncommon sadly) but at the same time I miss that kind of drama in The Sims games.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's a tale of love, and loss, and finding love again. That's a grandly romantic story, imo. It all worked out good for everyone in the end, just like a Hallmark movie.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Was that the wedding planner? I thought it was her best friend accompanying her to plan the wedding and then decided to reveal her secret crush to her. But I love your interpretation, there's so much more drama to it. :lol:
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    The other girl (Dominique?) was not a wedding planner, she was her friend and a maid of honor.
    Obviously it's a messed up story (don't break up with your poor SO publicly), but honestly, I think it's funny 😅 Sims can be a messy game... players create drama all the time.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I didn't saw cheating, to me it looked like the woman was engaged to a man whom she thought she was in love with, then AFTER that met a woman for whom she also had feelings. It was sad, and I was already planning do make the trio a happy threemating in my game.

Then there was the scene where the engaged couple ate cake together and judging from the thought bubbles they seemed to enjoy different flavours, what seems to be a serious matter in The Sims. So naturally with such a stark incompatibility, their life together would be cursed forever after, but somehow they were not adults enough to call the whole thing off.

Additionally the husband-to-be seemed to be either a) a bit more mature, understanding that cake preferences aren't what makes or breaks a marriage or b) not caring for his girlfriend's feelings, because a good wife has to like what he likes, she'll get around to it or c) hadn't even noticed the big cake rift

In any case it looked like the bride was ready to go through with the vows after all, up until the moment where her other love interest showed up. That settled the matter, only then did she call the whole thing off and immediately re-used the wedding arc for the new partner.

The true love out of nowhere was a bit over the top, but I can headcanon her as the spouse's childhood friend or co-worker or whatever.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I didn't saw cheating, to me it looked like the woman was engaged to a man whom she thought she was in love with, then AFTER that met a woman for whom she also had feelings. It was sad, and I was already planning do make the trio a happy threemating in my game.

Then there was the scene where the engaged couple ate cake together and judging from the thought bubbles they seemed to enjoy different flavours, what seems to be a serious matter in The Sims. So naturally with such a stark incompatibility, their life together would be cursed forever after, but somehow they were not adults enough to call the whole thing off.

Additionally the husband-to-be seemed to be either a) a bit more mature, understanding that cake preferences aren't what makes or breaks a marriage or b) not caring for his girlfriend's feelings, because a good wife has to like what he likes, she'll get around to it or c) hadn't even noticed the big cake rift

In any case it looked like the bride was ready to go through with the vows after all, up until the moment where her other love interest showed up. That settled the matter, only then did she call the whole thing off and immediately re-used the wedding arc for the new partner.

The true love out of nowhere was a bit over the top, but I can headcanon her as the spouse's childhood friend or co-worker or whatever.

Nope, I think it's implied that Woman 1 (the engaged woman) and the other woman are very close friends. I mean you don't ask complete stranger to be your Sim of honour right?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I did think they were kinda romanticizing cheating (which is not too uncommon sadly) but at the same time I miss that kind of drama in The Sims games.

Tbf it only showed that they were interested in each other but they didn't kiss or do anything without the groom's knowledge. It was really petty of her to kiss the girl she wanted in front of her fiance but I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

@simgirl1010 But why couldn't she just privately tell him? Why did she have to make-out with her girlfriend right in front of all the guests while he was just standing at the alter? I am happy he found love. Doesn't excuse bridezilla's behavior here. She is worse than Dina Caliente in Sims 2.

@Handel But SHE was not chef's kiss, she was full make-out kiss in front of all the wedding guests while her fiancé just stood at the alter. :scream:

@HopeyStarr I'm glad I'm not alone lol.

@Omri147 I do like drama. But I was expecting more a crazy bachelorette/bachelor party with bridesmaid drama :joy:

But @Stormkeep how can you be sure? We didn't see any happy photos of the groom as an elderly man. How do I know he is still alive? Don't you think she looked a bit too Agatha Christie murderer in that birdcage veil and white pant suit and all that smirking? Jilting him at the alter like that...

@crocobaura She looked like the wedding planner to me haha. I'm happy you liked my interpretation.

@somewhsome She was no Maid of Honor. She was the Maid of Dishonor. Making out in the aisle in front of the jilted fiance and all his family. :joy: Although to be fair, she seemed shocked by the move lol.

@EnkiSchmidt Ahh, it was all due to a difference in favorite cakes, that is very Simish drama for sure. Maybe this is the new attraction system. We will have to make sure they like the same food and drinks. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 But why couldn't she just privately tell him? Why did she have to make-out with her girlfriend right in front of all the guests while he was just standing at the alter? I am happy he found love. Doesn't excuse bridezilla's behavior here. She is worse than Dina Caliente in Sims 2.

@Handel But SHE was not chef's kiss, she was full make-out kiss in front of all the wedding guests while her fiancé just stood at the alter. :scream:

@HopeyStarr I'm glad I'm not alone lol.

@Omri147 I do like drama. But I was expecting more a crazy bachelorette/bachelor party with bridesmaid drama :joy:

But @Stormkeep how can you be sure? We didn't see any happy photos of the groom as an elderly man. How do I know he is still alive? Don't you think she looked a bit too Agatha Christie murderer in that birdcage veil and white pant suit and all that smirking? Jilting him at the alter like that...

@crocobaura She looked like the wedding planner to me haha. I'm happy you liked my interpretation.

@somewhsome She was no Maid of Honor. She was the Maid of Dishonor. Making out in the aisle in front of the jilted fiance and all his family. :joy: Although to be fair, she seemed shocked by the move lol.

@EnkiSchmidt Ahh, it was all due to a difference in favorite cakes, that is very Simish drama for sure. Maybe this is the new attraction system. We will have to make sure they like the same food and drinks. :smiley:

Because the trailer isn't about the guy's wedding but about the two women's wedding. And I don't see the engaged woman as a bridezilla, a bridezilla would be something complete oppisite of this. Like wanting the MOST EXPENSIVE WEDDING OPTIONS AS POSSIBLE I don't think the Woman 1 murders reaps the ex-fiancé because both the two women attend the ex-finance's wedding to someone at the wedding ceremony.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Agreed. To me, it was very clear there was no cheating per se.

The best friend/maid of honor was clearly secretly in love with the original bride; original bride was unaware and still in love with the original groom. The wedding planning process made it very clear that that they were incompatible and that he continually disappointed her... e.g., by getting blackout drunk and passing out on the floor during their rehearsal dinner (which would certainly be a red flag for me, too, IRL!!)... which led to her best friend comforting her, at which point original bride realizes, "Hey, right here in front of me is the person who always understands me, is there for me, and makes me feel happier."

Nothing happens between them except for holding hands, which was initiated as a comforting/platonic gesture, but the feelings are there. Bride takes the night to think it through, shows up at the wedding, sees best friend, is overcome with emotion and kisses her in the heat of the moment, then has the letdown conversation with the groom. Time passes, everyone heals, original groom and original bride realize their true feelings for each other are just a good strong friendship, everyone becomes friends again, he walks her down the aisle. Also, when original groom falls in love with the other bridesmaid, she's clearly someone he has known for a long time (she is a guest at all the early parties), he's just suddenly seeing her in a new light.

Lots of drama, but ultimately very wholesome.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited February 2022
    If I played premades she would have a date with a pool with a wall around it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Even though things did work out for everyone NGL the bride basically embarrassing the groom by cheating on him at their own wedding was pretty dirty. Pretty sure it was for the 'drama' and the like, but derp it felt like getting that dream wedding and all was all undeserved. Least the sim that had an attraction to her didn't act on it at least given the picture afterwards.

Heck of a way to say at your wedding you don't want to get married much less be with you.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited February 2022

Because it is the Sims. 🙂

And Dina is one of the most popular Sims in the franchise.
  • Options
    @MadameLee Stories are spun out with imagination. I imagine her throwing tantrums and demanding the most expensive cakes, then taking all the money and traveling the world. I can tell just from the way she smiles that she is a bridezilla and a scammer. He was just too scared to get away. Poor guy. The bridesmaid he married was probably in on the scam. Such a naive man. I hope he gets added to the gallery. I will find him a new wife.
  • Options
    @MadameLee Stories are spun out with imagination. I imagine her throwing tantrums and demanding the most expensive cakes, then taking all the money and traveling the world. I can tell just from the way she smiles that she is a bridezilla and a scammer. He was just too scared to get away. Poor guy. The bridesmaid he married was probably in on the scam. Such a naive man. I hope he gets added to the gallery. I will find him a new wife.

But she isn't the one whom prposed to the man. The man proposed to her? If she was a bridezila, I would think she would have prposed to the man instead?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

But she isn't the one whom prposed to the man. The man proposed to her? If she was a bridezila, I would think she would have prposed to the man instead?

He was probably very rich and naive and she convinced him that she loved him, when really she loved someone else and just wanted his money, another Dina Caliente. He even looks a little like a young Mortimer Goth. She then got her girlfriend to pose as the wedding planner, taking all his money to prepare for the fake wedding. And the rest is history.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Even though things did work out for everyone NGL the bride basically embarrassing the groom by cheating on him at their own wedding was pretty dirty. Pretty sure it was for the 'drama' and the like, but derp it felt like getting that dream wedding and all was all undeserved. Least the sim that had an attraction to her didn't act on it at least given the picture afterwards.

Heck of a way to say at your wedding you don't want to get married much less be with you.

See, again, I feel like after the groom passed out drunk on the floor at the rehearsal dinner, he kind of loses any moral high ground to claim that he was publicly embarrassed by the bride.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think it says alot for how the game we all play inspires our creativity that we could all watch the same short trailer and come away with completely different narratives.
    I just hope all of the main sims from the trailer are available to download (or already in the pack). It gets so frustrating when trailer sims aren't, I like to add them to my game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    the woman 2 isn't a wedding planner just woman 1's friend. I have no idea where you got wedding planner from. I mean the woman 2 isn't doign anything remotely in the planning. Just getting really fed up with the engaged couple aruging over the food and boquets (my question is why in the world does a groom need a bouquet? I thought bouquets were a woman's thing?) Unless the ex-fiance wanted the woman 1 to use what HE liked and not what SHE wanted.

If anything it's more like he was groomzilla, then the bride was a bridezilla
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »

See, again, I feel like after the groom passed out drunk on the floor at the rehearsal dinner, he kind of loses any moral high ground to claim that he was publicly embarrassed by the bride.
    Because getting drunk and passing out is completely comparable to making out with someone at your wedding in front of everyone leaving the groom standing at the alter and his family and friends to watch. Both are not great but one is hateful with the attention of malice the other is just doing something dumb.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I think it says alot for how the game we all play inspires our creativity that we could all watch the same short trailer and come away with completely different narratives.
    I just hope all of the main sims from the trailer are available to download (or already in the pack). It gets so frustrating when trailer sims aren't, I like to add them to my game.

It's confirmed that they will be pre-made in the new world. I just hope they have sentiments about everything that happened. Would be even better if they got memories too. Like the memory system that was hinted at in the blog post.

Check out my twitter and tumblr