Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Karma system

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

The karma could be the consequence of an accumulation of actions, it would influence the events of the life.

For example a bad karma of parents will cause their baby will become an toddler with negative character values or a vampire toddler.

The karma could also unlock some specific interactions like the Paragon/Renegade system in Mass Effect.

Comments

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm uncomfortable with the use of karma in a game as most people have a colonial understanding of the concept. In the Hindu religion the concept of karma is the justification for the caste system and the mistreatment of many people due to disfigurement, disease and disability because it is believed that those people with these issues did something in a past life to deserve their current afflictions. Look up what the untouchable caste was. It goes deeper and more uncomfortably than a simple belief than your actions having consequences.

Now if what we are discussing is just having more consequences for actions than Im absolutely behind that.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm sceptic, as the game may be too simple for such a concept. For example, before I got a mod to get rid of them, my sims used to receive phone calls from friends that they had used violence and violence is bad. But sometimes the sim in question got attacked first or was provoked or tried to protect their family from a vampire. I'm afraid the game cannot take circumstances into account when dishing out consequences for "bad" actions. It goes the same for positive actions: Sim A gifted Sim B something? Great, what a nice sim! However, the game cannot know that the gift in question was a bribe, so the action wasn't that nice, after all.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I always thought there should be some kind of vampirism disease outbreak that if a pregnant Sim caught it she would have a Vampire kid. Or like if you swim in polluted Sulani water you will have a mermaid kid. Alien babies if you eat the alien fruit. Spellcaster babies if you travel to glimmerbrook and interact with something magical. I would love the surprise of ordinary Sims having occult Sim babies.

As for Karma, I would prefer they stay away from religion but I would love a more simple good luck / bad luck system and also add some fun consequences for actions. Maybe add some 4 leaf clovers and leprechauns. Bad pet owners who don’t pick up their dog poop could get fined and a bad reputation.

It would be so cute if Sims, especially kids, could search for clovers and get good luck for the day.

It would be funny if Sims got magically turned into cow plants or animals as a consequence of some bad magic.

Sims that do a lot of good things already get fame and a reputation boost. They could also win some awards or get extra traits like good neighbour, charitable, etc.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    There ia a karma system in TS3 console. Then you could spend Karma points to do good for sims or a group of sims or send disaster.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Karma_power
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I always thought there should be some kind of vampirism disease outbreak that if a pregnant Sim caught it she would have a Vampire kid. Or like if you swim in polluted Sulani water you will have a mermaid kid. Alien babies if you eat the alien fruit. Spellcaster babies if you travel to glimmerbrook and interact with something magical. I would love the surprise of ordinary Sims having occult Sim babies.

As for Karma, I would prefer they stay away from religion but I would love a more simple good luck / bad luck system and also add some fun consequences for actions. Maybe add some 4 leaf clovers and leprechauns. Bad pet owners who don’t pick up their dog poop could get fined and a bad reputation.

It would be so cute if Sims, especially kids, could search for clovers and get good luck for the day.

It would be funny if Sims got magically turned into cow plants or animals as a consequence of some bad magic.

Sims that do a lot of good things already get fame and a reputation boost. They could also win some awards or get extra traits like good neighbour, charitable, etc.

This is a great idea and would add more gameplay to occult Sims which I find to be lacking in The Sims 4. Personally I'm a lover of occult Sims but minus the odd witch in-game I don't actually have that many because of the fact that their interactions within worlds are pretty limited. :/ Hopefully this can be improved on.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »

This is a great idea and would add more gameplay to occult Sims which I find to be lacking in The Sims 4. Personally I'm a lover of occult Sims but minus the odd witch in-game I don't actually have that many because of the fact that their interactions within worlds are pretty limited. :/ Hopefully this can be improved on.

I would like more occult gameplay too. :smile:

• Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »

I would like more occult gameplay too. :smile:

Let's hope that this year will be the year that they listen to players who want these things. :) Usually if I have witches in my game; I try and make use of the Paranormal game pack too to try and make the witches seem a bit more "witchy" I suppose lol.
  • Options
    CordovaFamilyValuesCordovaFamilyValues Posts: 13 New Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > The karma could be the consequence of an accumulation of actions, it would influence the events of the life.
    >
    > For example a bad karma of parents will cause their baby will become a toddler with negative character values or a vampire toddler.
    >
    > The karma could also unlock some specific interactions like the Paragon/Renegade system in Mass Effect.

I like the idea of a Karma system. I don't think the idea is any more religious than witches and the occultic aspects of the game.
    And I'd like more action/adventure aspects to the game. I get bored of doing laundry, going to school, and vacuuming.

A Karma system sounds like something I can add to an action/adventure game...if It's implemented the way I think it would be.