Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we have enough food and drinks?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2021
    No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
    Not only do we not have enough food and beverage options but I think we could use more ingredients too. We also need food stalls that work properly and that will automatic generate a vendor when placed on "commercial" lots, especially parks.

I am also still wanting vineyards, wineries and meaderies, and all the craft adult beverage making options. We need more decorations for those types of environments too! I want to be able to make a "tasting room" that looks and feels like a tasting room at a winery or a craft brewery.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
    I would love to have a little more variety and inclusivity with the food in the game. I love that they have started adding more diverse options. IMO food can help with immersion and relatability.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I want the deep fryer from the TS3 store back. That would be a cool gameplay kit!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    A lot of my Sims always level up their cooking skills, and I love the variety of foods/drinks, so I am always up for more recipes for food and drinks! 🤗👍

I would love if we got a smaller baking thing, more appliances, more food stalls, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    My sims and restaurant menu can never have enough food! Food is caring and sharing 😊😊
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I find it more immersive to have a lot of variety. I'd get really bored if it were all the same. Also, I like playing with sims that have real world cultural identities. That's just the basis of the character creation and then I either have my sims live their daily lives or come up with plots for them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    There are so many recipes already, but if my sims like cooking they do like to have many options to choose from, so I'm not quite sure what to answer. I would love it if there was a way to filter recipes or mark favourites, as was already suggested :smile: Then I wouldn't mind having new recipes either.

Also I'd love to have usable tea sets and tea parties in game :love: And I know there's the fizzing machine already and it's cool, but I'd also love to have nectar making. Oh and just baked/cooked hot food should have steam coming off it for a while :relaxed:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You have pretty much covered the appliances, other than a waffle maker and hot sandwich maker. As for food, a place to start is food related to the worlds. In Sulani, I expect the 'order food' option to be Polynesian, in Windenburg - northern Europe, Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade - Cajun/deep south, and so on. Related to that idea is that regular restaurants should have a menu that varies with time of day, like real ones. For those of us who like to make our own restaurants, or customize any in game, why not have ethnic options such as Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, and so on. There are a wide variety of food stalls in the build menu, but I doubt I've seen all of them in game. If I add one somewhere, I need to hire an attendant. Stalls like that should come with attendant - if only drawing a random sim like the already in game ones do. TS2 can do it, so why not 4?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2022
    There is too many that I will never use. I am not into the cultural dishes being added. I do need more that are more geared to my culture in the American Midwest. There really isn't anything like that, even when I tried researching mods to accomplish that.
  • Options
    AnnarithBallantyneAnnarithBallantyne Posts: 18 Member
    I second the want for more non-Western dishes to be added to the game. However, I would ALSO like more food items added to the 'serve breakfast/lunch/dinner' pie menu, because it's really counterintuitive to add a variety of foods to cook only to shove them into the most inaccessible menu instead of the more convenient one.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Yes, we have so many recipes now I can't decide what to cook
    I kinda wish there was a solid neutral option but I do like seeing more food stuff but at the same time I kinda want to see a bigger expansion on cooking nowadays
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I chose option two. I enjoy cooking IRL.

I'd love to see some more regional style meals and snacks. I also think that some dead simple things like a salad sandwich (using stuff from your garden) should be available in the "quick meals" category.
    Meat Pie
    Poached Pears
    Beef Stroganoff (I make this IRL using kangaroo, it's delicious)
    Crispy Pork Belly
    Toffee Apples
    Strawberry Sorbet
    Loco Moco
    Avocado toast with Poached Egg
    Kofta Balls
    Arancini (and by extension, Risotto)

I wouldn't mind to see some meals used as ingredients for other meals. A bit like using leftovers, I suppose.
    Example - make Risotto, then use it to make Arancini. How about Crispy Pork Belly, then use it as part of Ramen? Use a Curry as a filling for a Curry Pie.

I'm getting hungry now.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    There is too many that I will never use. I am not into the cultural dishes being added. I do need more that are more geared to my culture in the American Midwest. There really isn't anything like that, even when I tried researching mods to accomplish that.

Out of curiosity what are some examples of Midwest US food not in the game? I tend to imagine rhubarb pie, chili, cornbread (though that's a US thing all over the place and it's as weirdly absent as fried chicken, but in the case of fried chicken, it'slike pizza im that most peopleget it from a place that specializes in it, rather than making it at home, similar to how most French don'tmake their own baguette at homebut get it from a boulangerie).

So what are the foods you would want to see?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    When I think of Midwest food I think of many of the dishes in the game already like mac n cheese, tuna casserole, roast chicken, franks n beans, BLT, monte cristo sandwich, chili... Fried chicken, also, that's fair... what else do you feel is missing?

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I'm still hoping to see the Midwest food question answered because of my lack of knowledge about anything Midwestern other than that... there aren't a lot of trees, and it gets really hot in summer and really cold in winter? Or is that the plains? Wait, can someone tell me if the Midwest counts as the plains states or is it more easterly? Is Chicago Midwestern? Deep dish pizza would be great.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    You have pretty much covered the appliances, other than a waffle maker and hot sandwich maker. As for food, a place to start is food related to the worlds. In Sulani, I expect the 'order food' option to be Polynesian, in Windenburg - northern Europe, Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade - Cajun/deep south, and so on. Related to that idea is that regular restaurants should have a menu that varies with time of day, like real ones. For those of us who like to make our own restaurants, or customize any in game, why not have ethnic options such as Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, and so on. There are a wide variety of food stalls in the build menu, but I doubt I've seen all of them in game. If I add one somewhere, I need to hire an attendant. Stalls like that should come with attendant - if only drawing a random sim like the already in game ones do. TS2 can do it, so why not 4?

I was going to vote we have enough food but I like your way of thinking so I'm going to agree with you. Besides, Maxis won't add cornbread, collard greens, boiled potatoes, and brown beans (soup beans) to the menu lists of things to cook....not inclusive to people of the south other than Cajun foods and pan blackened foods. Southern cooking is not just Cajun foods, Maxis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I would love for more information to be added about recipes, such as its origins, or what it tastes like.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love all the options it’s a way to make my households each feel more unique so I would love more recipes especially from different cultures like Morocco , Ethiopia and other countries on the African continent, Greece, Turkey, South America, and more. I do hope they can and will fix the menu lag that has been occurring since the Cottage Living patch though.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    New recipes are something I always appreciate, and there are still so many foods I’d love to see in the game: lasagne, garlic bread, new pizzas (and a pizza oven), chicken or veal schnitzel, new pasta dishes and plenty more.

But most of all, I would really like to see gingerbread added to the game (gingerbread sims and gingerbread houses), it would be such a great way of using the new group cooking feature and the last Christmas-themed addition I’m still hoping for.

I am really hoping for some new Christmas stuff this month too. A gingerbread house the parents could make with their kids or decorate and then eat would be amazing new food! :love: I think we are getting a treat this month, I just can't remember where I read that, maybe I was dreaming.
    babajayne wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I would love more recipes, but lately my Cook menu has gotten very laggy :/

Mine's pretty laggy, too, and I don't even have all the packs or any CC foods at all.

Mine got a bit laggy lately too. If I sell off food ingredients it gets a bit better but sometimes there are food ingredients collecting in the house inventory, not sure how that is happening .
    If you have harvestables on your plants and you reload the lot for any reason (whether you reloaded the game or travelled and returned) those harvestables go into the household inventory. I think this is a bug because it is a relatively new thing.

I don’t really know how to vote on this poll because I do think we have enough food options, but I like having a good variety and I’m not going to complain when they add more. Food is one thing I think they’ve done extensively well and I’d rather get other content that adds more interesting gameplay options. For example, more stuff to create on the woodworking table would be nice. New types of collectibles might be cool to go along with new worlds. Or new things to do with refined gems - that would really make my day.

Oh that's good to know. thank you! I will try to check my plants before I travel to a different location.

More woodworking items would be great. I've never been sure what to do with the gems actually. The game mentions some type of crown thing you can slot them into but I have never found it. What do you usually do with the gems after you refine them?

The crown is called "Celestial Crystal Crown" - It came with Get Famous and has different benefits with different crystals. Some are mood boosts for particular skills, motive boosts or boost things like friendship etc. The boosts last until the crystal expires, or the crown is removed.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    I like having lots of food, but a way to set favourites for each sim that cooks would be good too.

That way I could set up ethnic favourites in ethnic homes, along with any others that fit Lifestyles, skill type (baked meals in baker's home), dietary requirements and future (I hope) food preferences for the household.

Bonus points if they cook from this list autonomously too.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @EmmaVane Thank you! :smile: I found it in BB, but I haven't tried it yet. I think I will do that today actually, thanks for replying to that. I actually thought it was a relic in the jungle and spent months digging for it until someone mentioned it's in BB catalog in another topic :joy: