Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we have enough food and drinks?

Comments

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
    New recipes are something I always appreciate, and there are still so many foods I’d love to see in the game: lasagne, garlic bread, new pizzas (and a pizza oven), chicken or veal schnitzel, new pasta dishes and plenty more.

But most of all, I would really like to see gingerbread added to the game (gingerbread sims and gingerbread houses), it would be such a great way of using the new group cooking feature and the last Christmas-themed addition I’m still hoping for.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I would love more recipes, but lately my Cook menu has gotten very laggy :/

Mine's pretty laggy, too, and I don't even have all the packs or any CC foods at all.

Mine got a bit laggy lately too. If I sell off food ingredients it gets a bit better but sometimes there are food ingredients collecting in the house inventory, not sure how that is happening .
    If you have harvestables on your plants and you reload the lot for any reason (whether you reloaded the game or travelled and returned) those harvestables go into the household inventory. I think this is a bug because it is a relatively new thing.

I don’t really know how to vote on this poll because I do think we have enough food options, but I like having a good variety and I’m not going to complain when they add more. Food is one thing I think they’ve done extensively well and I’d rather get other content that adds more interesting gameplay options. For example, more stuff to create on the woodworking table would be nice. New types of collectibles might be cool to go along with new worlds. Or new things to do with refined gems - that would really make my day.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    New recipes are something I always appreciate, and there are still so many foods I’d love to see in the game: lasagne, garlic bread, new pizzas (and a pizza oven), chicken or veal schnitzel, new pasta dishes and plenty more.

But most of all, I would really like to see gingerbread added to the game (gingerbread sims and gingerbread houses), it would be such a great way of using the new group cooking feature and the last Christmas-themed addition I’m still hoping for.

I am really hoping for some new Christmas stuff this month too. A gingerbread house the parents could make with their kids or decorate and then eat would be amazing new food! :love: I think we are getting a treat this month, I just can't remember where I read that, maybe I was dreaming.
    babajayne wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I would love more recipes, but lately my Cook menu has gotten very laggy :/

Mine's pretty laggy, too, and I don't even have all the packs or any CC foods at all.

Mine got a bit laggy lately too. If I sell off food ingredients it gets a bit better but sometimes there are food ingredients collecting in the house inventory, not sure how that is happening .
    If you have harvestables on your plants and you reload the lot for any reason (whether you reloaded the game or travelled and returned) those harvestables go into the household inventory. I think this is a bug because it is a relatively new thing.

I don’t really know how to vote on this poll because I do think we have enough food options, but I like having a good variety and I’m not going to complain when they add more. Food is one thing I think they’ve done extensively well and I’d rather get other content that adds more interesting gameplay options. For example, more stuff to create on the woodworking table would be nice. New types of collectibles might be cool to go along with new worlds. Or new things to do with refined gems - that would really make my day.

Oh that's good to know. thank you! I will try to check my plants before I travel to a different location.

More woodworking items would be great. I've never been sure what to do with the gems actually. The game mentions some type of crown thing you can slot them into but I have never found it. What do you usually do with the gems after you refine them?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
    I wouldn't mind some more international food like korean food or greek food.

But only if the game can handle it. If you have all the packs then the list when clicking on the fridge is getting very long now, they should be sorted by categories or something, maybe that would help.

They should add more cooking animations to the available food as well. Some food has some pretty simple cooking animations.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I'd love more vegetarian, no MSD, gluten free options for my annoying Karen-y Sims. Also would love more international cuisine. Thank God for City Living that they gave our Sims a lot of food, but yeah we need more.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm a diabetic. There are so many things I either can't have or don't allow myself to have for the sake of living a long life and seeing my potential grand children some day. I love the sims and how many new foods and recipes get added. I'll NEVER say no to more recipes!

I am going to get my sugar tested next week actually, it runs in my family too. They could add more or label some sugar free items like they have vegetarian safe & lactose safe. I would enjoy that. I like when my Sims eat healthier than I do hah. I totally get how you feel though because I'm allergic to dairy, but not in my game, I drink milk out of the Sim fridge and make ice cream all the time. :wink: I was amused by the lactose intolerant trait, but I won't give it to my Sim.
    Cooking and eating are two of my favorite things in the game (RL, too)

A list, hmm... Red beans and rice, shrimp and grits, jambalaya, chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, cornbread, maque choux, boudin, ... is that enough? LOL.

I had to look up maque choux and boudin, never heard of those, they look so good! I'm going to try and make maque choux this week it looks so good. :love:
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    mmmm boudin and jambalaya... now I'm hungry! Maybe some crawfish ettoufe too!

I hadn't heard of crawfish ettoufe either! Wow looks so good :love:
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I would love some more soups, breakfast options and special child friendly menus (something like my hits for kids dishes for TS2: https://modthesims.info/d/412486/thai-translation-01-05-11-hits-for-kids-part-i.html).

On the other hand, there actually are other areas of the game that I feel are much more lacking than foods, so I guess I'd rather take something else.

I would love a sausage and egg breakfast sandwhich from a food stall since that's my usual fastfood breakfast lately.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love for the tea objects to become playable. Also I would love for my sims to be able to drink hot chocolate,
    eat apple candies & drink/eat any other yummy holiday treats. :p

I hope for more holiday treats too! Candy apples from a festival food stall would be awesome.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I would love more french dishes. Boeuf bourguignon, cassoulet, coq au vin, artisanal breads and baguette. And desserts like Paris-brest, Saint-honoré, fraisier, etc.

Put this together with nectar making, add a few French-themed lots, and stick a $19.99 price tag on it as a game pack and I'll be first in line. Heck, you could make a whole proper $40 EP out of it just like they did Henford-on-Bagley...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes, we have so many recipes now I can't decide what to cook
    Maybe more Grand Meals, but honestly, I don't really pay attention to what my sims eat.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2021
    There will never be enough recipes. At least for me.

And yes, the cook menu is laggy for me too. It always takes forever to appear when I click on cook or whatever.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't think we need any more food. I'm not strongly against it and if it doesn't take much resources and makes people happy - then I guess we could still have some more... but my personal opinion is it doesn't add much to the game and we already have more than enough. It's quite tedious to navigate the menus to find what you want.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited December 2021
    The main thing I would have liked to see more of is food for vampires and some more BBQ options.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think there is plenty of choice, so I don't need any more. I already tend to stick to the same ones for the most part. Lasagna or new grand meals would be welcome but I can do without. I won't say no to new recipes however.

What I need more than recipes is a cooking overhaul.
    - Add cakes to baking,
    - let us filter the list for dishes for vegetarian, by pack, unlockable recipes you can only find out by eating.
    - Or perhaps a search function or a way to mark favourites.
    The list is too long to be practical. Especially with the lag on fridges.

The only food mod I have is more recipes available for cauldrons.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @Atreya33 I really like your suggestions of filtering and marking favourites. I would love to mark favourites by household. Adding cakes for baking though would require making making a base game skill. I don't really support that as they already took away photography from GTW.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There is no such thing as too much food. I have three different food mods and my sims are drowning in food. It's not like I can eat it so I don't know why I get a pleasure from it😂😂😂
    But officially in game there are sooooooo many more tasty things to add!! Everything you mentioned sounds yummy 😋
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I feel pretty indifferent about this at the moment, on the other hand I love to cook with my sims on rare occasions.
    I always enjoy getting recipes from different cultures added to Basegame and I hope they continue with this trend.

As someone else pointed out, functional tea sets would be a welcome addition to the game, but what I would love the most is the ability to cook a little tin can or pot of beans over a campfire or larger fireplace. More adventurous / outdoor cooking for me!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes, to more recipes, there's no such thing as enough food in the sims. I'd love to be able to make tomato juice, watermelon juice, pumpkin pie and soup, and baba ganoush. And chocolate bonbons and peppermint candy canes.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'd like to see more healthy options, and for them to count toward the healthy eating lifestyle. However, the lag on the menu is a bit of a problem - I think it's mostly due to the simple living option, even if you're not playing that lot trait. The game goes through the available ingredients, anyway. It doesn't take that long to get the menu up, but it's a little worrisome if more items are added to the menu. And I'd also like to see more recipes using some of the fruits and vegetables that don't have a particular use.

There are lots of good suggestions here: moving the cakes to baking, sub-menus so that you only bring up items in a particular category. There would be some coding to be done, however; it's not only a UI change. (Cakes don't count for baking skill, so that would need to change, for example.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2021
    More woodworking items would be great. I've never been sure what to do with the gems actually. The game mentions some type of crown thing you can slot them into but I have never found it. What do you usually do with the gems after you refine them?
    I guess you can add the refined gems to the relics found in Selvadorada (those bases and tops) but I don’t play around with those things. I don’t find a huge variety and I’ve read what they can do but nothing really speaks to me as something I want. And I definitely don’t want to deal with getting cursed. I don’t use the crystal crown, either. So I don’t bother refining the gems/crystals at all. I miss all the shapes we could make in TS3.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Honestly, I wish they would either stop giving us new recipes or, preferably, make them actually matter by reworking the entire food system. Apart from the vegetarian and lactose-intolerant traits (which I wish were something other than traits, but that's a topic for another thread), the recipes all serve the same purpose, and the sims themselves couldn't care less what they eat because they can't even have favourite dishes.

The reason I'm complaining about this now is because I, too, have experienced lag when clicking on the fridge since Cottage Living, for which I blame the overabundance of recipes, and even though it's not game-breaking at the moment, who knows how many more will be added in the future. (That, and it just rubs me the wrong way when they add food from "exotic" cultures that aren't otherwise represented in the game at all, because it strikes me as a cheap attempt to appear more inclusive without making any real effort.) However, I'm willing to accept the lag as long as I'm given a good reason to do so.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    For some reason I never get tired of having more food and drink options, as long as they look different from each other.

I'd really like to have some alien food recipes that use the harvestables that are found on Sixam.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'd like to see more healthy options, and for them to count toward the healthy eating lifestyle.

We definitely do need more healthy meals. Especially for toddlers and the high chair.
    I mean something normal like broccoli with pasta, rice with carrots and chicken, potatoes with salmon, zucchini noodles,... And much more. Who the heck would feed chicken nuggets to a toddler?! Microwaved chicken nuggets for a toddler? What the actual plumbob. One should teach their children healthy manners. Even sims.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I love cooking in Sims (but not in real life). I wouldn't mind more recipes.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    You can never have to many recipes! I wish there was more soups and dishes for kids and toddlers.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2021
    I feel like we have enough options but at the same time I wouldn’t mind more. I love deciding what my sims will eat each day.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I would love more, but I do agree that we need more ways to filter the list so we can find what we want.