Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever left your sims run all night while you slept?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm not sure yet if the prison is finished but the testing is going a little bit better than playing with a family unit. There was a fire on the first day but the sims sorted it out themselves. I have now placed the fire alarm and fire prevention unit in the kitchen to ward off future trouble.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    My biggest problem with the game at the moment is the fact that the cooker is constantly catching fire, and I have to keep replacing it for 13,000 simoleons. I definitely need to skill those sims up. I also placed the laundry basket and they rarely deal with the dirty clothes.

EDIT - I removed the Cursed lot trait as it may be the source of all the fires.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I started building the prison today.

I do hope you post screenshots of that, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Here we go. A lot of the rooms i.e. the cell and bathrooms, are too small to take decent pictures but here are some images of the outside of the prison, and of the prisoners and guards in various places.

The Oasis Prison viewed from the front.

3bf36c57e4e08f1d4e4679f204cea10135421294.jpg

The front viewed from above. In the grounds we can see some recreational equipment, the washing line, and the small shed leading down to a super secret place below the prison.

38b8d5db7bc55ee97cf1b88ca8c051cd51c25780.jpg

The back view of the prison complex, where we can see the plants grown by the prisoners.

82cb3d0da28a6fa7698642f135af0a67cfb976ea.jpg

Here's Hana, one of the guards, in her bedroom. It's summer so she's dressed for the season.

03a9bd9a3f9578f516c7ddad39f75ff3723b58ce.jpg

The other guard is Alex, here watching over human prisoner Georgia, who is eating breakfast.

6893a97f8fecf2415477fdb434b1ee8f6b954605.jpg

Another human prisoner, Billie, walking through the corridor after exiting her cell.

004f456bb98b0e6282c2e0703ec2f9e766a78833.jpg

Billie in the garden.

a042a5d00c168c39d80faf0ee0c61ba71bbf34f4.jpg

Elizabeth, the mermaid, with Carrie, the 3rd human prisoner.

8542013d251cc9a2cbe2546018ae753411a6550d.jpg

ba8c985498321cd90c40e94529401661c667b6ba.jpg

Frederika, the alien, in the prisoners' TV room.

96acfaaf567cbbcf495abc1278e1cc2a4d17eaf8.jpg

Daphne, the vampire, rising from her coffin which is hidden in the basement 2 levels beneath the prison. The basement is accessible via the shed in the back.

999ac0cfd94420a6daea34d206a40f5866702486.jpg

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Wow, great job---that turned out awesome!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Today I've been taking more of a hand in their lives to try and get them to focus more on the things I want them to do. I also set up 2 more clubs - one for the prisoners to specifically do work like gardening, cleaning and woodwork (because I need them to make money somehow) and another for sleeping to try encouraging them to sleep at the same time as each other.

One of the things that annoys me though is the fact that the prison bar panels aren't actually walls so the cells aren't open fronted at this point in time.
  • Options
    Today I've been taking more of a hand in their lives to try and get them to focus more on the things I want them to do. I also set up 2 more clubs - one for the prisoners to specifically do work like gardening, cleaning and woodwork (because I need them to make money somehow) and another for sleeping to try encouraging them to sleep at the same time as each other.

One of the things that annoys me though is the fact that the prison bar panels aren't actually walls so the cells aren't open fronted at this point in time.

You can use the bars as walls (I've done it) but I could never get the door to work.

I hope you add a solitary confinement room for the really bad girls :smiley:
  • Options

You can use the bars as walls (I've done it) but I could never get the door to work.

Looking at the way my cells are done I'm not sure I can add bars to the main cells. Having said that, it would be good to have a solitary cell, probably again in the basement. I could make that with the bars. I did think about not using one when the original idea was to let them do their own thing most of the time, but it would be a fun addition for sure.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

Thanks for the laugh! :D I'm sure Marie could have a lot of fun with a solitary confinement room! :p
  • Options
    I made one but not using the bars that came with GTW. I'll see what I can do with it though if someone gets into a fight or the guards witness the vampire forcingly drinking someone's blood.
  • Options
    Here is something I don't understand---cell doors. Are they just props? When I hover my mouse over them (including the handle and lock), there are no actions I can take, I just get a regular arrow

PNf9kFS.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I think there was a missed opportunity here. Why do we even have this content if we can't use it normally?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I'm tempted to make a police officer sim in another save just to take a look at how they do the cells because I honestly don't remember.
  • Options
    I actually have a police officer---as far as I can tell, the only time the cell doors work is 1) when your sim is a police officer and 2) when he or she is actually at the police station, on the job
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have but it was an accident. I had a panic attack in the midst of playing and took my meds, which made me sleepy, but I pressed on thinking I'd be okay because having something to concentrate on will usually help calm my anxiety. Short version of this story is I fell asleep in my chair and woke up several hours later to find nearly every member of a seven Sim household, including pets, had died. The lone survivor was their cat who had run away due to a lack of attention and was now a stray. Three of the adult Sims died of starvation even though they all were at level 10 in the cooking skill. One died of drowning in the pool. One died of anger. And the poor doggo passed away of unknown causes. I exited without saving and managed to continue with that household, but it taught me a lot about how dumb my Sims are when it comes to self-preservation. :/
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I have but it was an accident. I had a panic attack in the midst of playing and took my meds, which made me sleepy, but I pressed on thinking I'd be okay because having something to concentrate on will usually help calm my anxiety. Short version of this story is I fell asleep in my chair and woke up several hours later to find nearly every member of a seven Sim household, including pets, had died. The lone survivor was their cat who had run away due to a lack of attention and was now a stray. Three of the adult Sims died of starvation even though they all were at level 10 in the cooking skill. One died of drowning in the pool. One died of anger. And the poor doggo passed away of unknown causes. I exited without saving and managed to continue with that household, but it taught me a lot about how dumb my Sims are when it comes to self-preservation. :/

Yeah, sims are definitely needy!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

That is some terrible luck. I'm glad you were able to rescue the sitaiton.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Never had a problem with 4; I can leave it then once a prompt pops up the game will pause. Sims 3 on the other hand.. went to the corner store, came back, kitchen burned up and the husband was dead.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I left them running while I was in the shower once, and the whole household was gone. My suspicion is that they left food on all the available surfaces for cooking, and then kept taking out food and dropping it because they couldn't cook it, and starved to death. They don't make good choices on their own.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    This could be fun to try out in different ways. Locking the sim in a basement with no door, but everything they need to fill their needs on their own would be a fun way to play it out. Maybe even have two or three sims down there and see what relationships form of it.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    just left my game unpaused ...
    dbUdQ8V.png
    see you in a few hours
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Hmmm, make sure vampire immure to sunlight, because if you left sim young vampire on own, it's might die in sunburn as a.i is not design to handle it, to be safe. No spellcaster prisoner?
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    ... even with controller plugged in and constant inputs the console goes idle after a while
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    MIne always pauses at events etc so I have never been able to have them run w/o me? There was a challenge in the Sims that involved a group staying together in one house and leaving it to chance for most of what happens. So long ago and yet I still remember it as being a lot of chaos and fun. I don't think any of the other series allowed that at least without a mod. Would love to try it again with Sims 4.

I think it was @Simmerville that started it but not positive. Was great fun though.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I have done this accidentally twice. Once I thought I logged off, my sims were camping in granite falls. their tents were burned, everyone looked dirty, but no one died.

Once, I took a nap. When I woke up there was an urn. I wonder who died. It was my main sim. I quit without saving and got him back. Whew!