Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever left your sims run all night while you slept?

As of 30 minutes ago, I decided to let my sims game run until whenever I get up tomorrow morning (which will probably be at least 12 hours from now). It's the Caliente sisters, and full autonomy is on.

Have you ever done this with your game? If so, what happened? Were there big consequences?

I really hope one of the Caliente sisters doesn't die lol

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Too bad your game can't take automatic screenshots for you. I'd love to see the mess they get themselves into when left to their own devices that long :D
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    edited December 2021
    OMG. Guys, it hasn't even been an hour, and Dina is dead! I decided to check in on them, and Nina and Katrina are deeply saddened by the loss, but I can't find any signs of what happened to Dina, just a headstone by the pool.

I'm guessing Dina went swimming while she was really tired....it's the only thing I can think of.
    Ok, I think I see what's going on now. Without me to manage them, they are all running out of energy (no doubt Dina did while in the pool). Here you can see Nina passed out near the pool, while Katrina is passed out on the sidewalk

4kSH3rE.png
    You guys aren't going to believe this, but now Katrina is dead--Nina is the only one that's left. Maybe it seems hard to believe, but since I started this experiment less than 2 hours ago, all I've done is check on them to see how they're doing. It looks like the pool got Katrina too.

4SJ9haI.png
    edited December 2021
    Oh, and I see the sink is now broken. On top of all of the grief Nina is dealing with, now she's got water raining down behind her. EDIT; since the pool seems to be the culprit here, I've eliminated it---let's see if Nina can keep going

wY8motK.png
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    What in the *plumbob expletive* kind of nightmare place do you have these poor gals living in? :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2021
    😂 this is why I won’t let them manage themselves.

I had one Sim swim when tired and they died. I made Skeletor from He-man who was going to take over all the worlds. I was busy with one of his lackeys trying to recruit new members so didn’t notice Skeletor going for a dip. It was only when the Grim Reaper appeared and other Sims ran to the pool and cry I realised 😂.

All that planning gone… 😂.

I hope Nina makes it. Love the hot dog outfit!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited December 2021
    This is all very sad.🤣

F1-E9-E52-C-1948-47-FB-8-CB0-5-FD68-C4-C1951.jpg
    RIP Yawn Machan.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I've left Sims 4 running all night, but in the background. I Alt-tabbed out to the forum, got distracted by a squirrel or something, went to bed...and when I woke up, I realized the game was still running. 10 hours (catching up on sleep on the weekend!) added to the Origin total with no progress made.

I guess that's for the best, since, y'know, nobody died, but...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    I have only ever let it run for like 2 or 3 hours and everybody in my save just died (or got taken away).
    Loving the screenshots and seeing how it all panned out for you. :D
    Curious to see if Nina makes it!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    If I did that, they'd either be dead, or I would have like 15+ generations in one night.
    Guys, Nina did not make it :(

But oddly enough, she died across the street from her house, where the fountain and food stand is? I honestly have no idea what happened.

But now I have another question. I got the usual notification that the last member of the house had died, and it gave me the option to return to the main menu without saving, so I did--when I returned to the Caliente house, it's as though nothing had happened---the game went back in time, all 3 were there, and it was still TV Season Premiere night. Is that normal?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Yes, because you exited from that save to main menu without saving :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Sure enough, the game brought them back in time, about an hour before I let them loose to run on their own. The only thing that's different is the outfits---Katrina is still in the same one, but Nina and Dina have changed. I feel bad, so now I will play them until all of their needs are filled lol

zcQxf4q.png
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Guys, Nina did not make it :(

But oddly enough, she died across the street from her house, where the fountain and food stand is? I honestly have no idea what happened.

But now I have another question. I got the usual notification that the last member of the house had died, and it gave me the option to return to the main menu without saving, so I did--when I returned to the Caliente house, it's as though nothing had happened---the game went back in time, all 3 were there, and it was still TV Season Premiere night. Is that normal?

Oh no, poor Nina. Maybe hunger got to her?

And yes it always should take you back to your last save point. It's like it all was just a bad fever dream lol.
    Thanks, guys---I learned something new there. I didn't know until now that by not saving, it takes them back to the previous save point
    Now they're properly rested---sleeping under the stars in the middle of winter, out by the sidewalk. In real life, that would be incredibly scary

XI5EfbF.png
  • SihaSiha Posts: 2 New Member
    Doesn't the game pause at certain events/prompts?
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Nice "house". lol

p.s. I never, ever leave my sims alone for one second. Learned a long time ago that nothing good ever comes from leaving my sims unattended. :o:#
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    LOL, I haven't done the whole "let the game run overnight" since the original The Sims™ game. It was a long time ago, but I seem to recall the results were kind of disastrous for me back then too.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Siha wrote: »

It does. I often leave my game unattended for some time and usually when I return there's a pop-up message waiting for some input from me.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I'm surprised that they appeared to die from drowning. In my experience, it's very hard to get a sim to die that way in this version haha, so for them to do it on their own, that's impressive
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

It does. I often leave my game unattended for some time and usually when I return there's a pop-up message waiting for some input from me.

I recall that in TS2 if you ignored the popups for a bit they would go away on their own. Not sure if that is true in TS4 or not though, as I don't ignore them.

There are mods to suppress at least some of them, not sure about all of them though, as I don't use any such mods.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Yes, that had happened last night at a couple of points when I went to check on them. But there were no more prompts overnight
    I'm surprised that they appeared to die from drowning. In my experience, it's very hard to get a sim to die that way in this version haha, so for them to do it on their own, that's impressive

Oh, I've seen it lots of times--it always happens when they go swimming and their energy runs out. Instead of passing out on the grass, they pass out in the pool--instant death