Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever left your sims run all night while you slept?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited December 2021
    I would never leave it running all night but it might be interesting to set a household up in a new save, give sims careers and appropriate skill objects, and let it run whilst watching a film or something.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited December 2021
    I decided to make a family and leave them alone while I watch something on Netflix so here are the Hill family who live in Oasis Springs.

Here's Roxanne, who has just started out in the Entertainer career and dreams of becoming a musical genius.

c5f02428b54fd3dfad141a8a7c99d460309bfb76.jpg

Her husband Zackery, who is in the Culinary career and aspires to be a mixologist.

3d28d9dd2d16c95b9d3f5d1811c2bf6e8a41d432.jpg

Their oldest daughter, Felicia, a social butterfly who has just joined the scouts.

7fe990e6d337131188889e78ab9b8725c380c726.jpg

Their younger daughter Cara, who is an independent little one.

f9f83578686668690d38667afd1441e9c76bae3a.jpg

I will watch one episode of something then check on them. Perhaps I will add a few items to the house if they have some more money by that point.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Over the night not, because energy is very expensive where I live. But once I have forgot to pause the game when I wanted to eat lunch. I saved and went away for 30 minutes. The game played for itself and when I came back, one sim was dead (hunger) and the others had have an awful winterfest and were very sad, also all their needs were very red.
    edited December 2021
    One thing I've noticed is that it's difficult to leave the game when sims have school or jobs to go to, because of the chance cards. I also had to choose whether to send the toddler to daycare or hire a nanny because I miscalculated the job hours and there wasn't an adult in the house at all times. I've been keeping an eye out for the chance cards so I can move past them and keep the game going but am otherwise just leaving the game to do its thing.
    I'm concerned about the fact that the sims spend a lot of time standing around doing nothing, and tend not to sleep when they are supposed to. I resorted to putting them in club gatherings at the house - one each for the parents' jobs, one for the scouts for Felicia, and one for the family itself. There are a lot of broken appliances in the house and I chose repairing and cleaning as activities for the family group, but apparently they are happy to leave them broken for ages!
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Drowning use to be my favorite way to kill sims, I'd make them exercise till they were too tired then make them hop into a pool and fence them in. But after I got City Living they suddenly started "forgetting" to fall asleep in the water and just treaded water forever, so I went to locking them in a small room where I lit fireworks.

Somewhere on these forums I read that the game autosaves every hour, so if you figured out how to access those autosaves (can't recall at the moment) you could go back in history an hour at a time maybe (just an untested thought).

Once I left for a movie for over two hours and thought I had paused the game but really hadn't. My sim was still alive but was really miserable, just about all his needs in the red and the repo-gal had just let herself in. Luckily I had remembered to save just before leaving.
    The cake is a lie
    edited December 2021
    Ok so deliberately leaving them to their own devices is pretty annoying when 2 members of the household are children and everyone has other places to be. It feels somewhat miraculous that the toddler survived to reach the child stage! I think it would be a lot more fun to do this with a group of romantically inclined single sims who have pots of money and don't need to go to work, or perhaps in a prison setting with 1 warden and a group of prisoners.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    edited December 2021
    Ok so deliberately leaving them to their own devices is pretty annoying when 2 members of the household are children and everyone has other places to be. It feels somewhat miraculous that the toddler survived to reach the child stage! I think it would be a lot more fun to do this with a group of romantically inclined single sims who have pots of money and don't need to go to work, or perhaps in a prison setting with 1 warden and a group of prisoners.

Hey, thanks for making me laugh. The prison idea really cracked me up.

I guess the last one standing could be in charge of the prison. :o
    edited December 2021

Hey, thanks for making me laugh. The prison idea really cracked me up.

I've tried prison themes in the past but I get bored of my saves quickly so it doesn't last too long. Now I've thought about doing it in this particular context I definitely will try again though. I play families most of the time so it does me good to switch it up now and then. Having said that, I've been playing the game a lot since I reinstalled in September after months away, and there are other games I want to play as well so I'll probably mix it up for a while rather than playing obsessively for hours.

On a side note I started wondering what it would be like if some of the prisoners were occults - it would be interesting to see how they interacted with the humans within the close confines of the prison environment.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I've wanted to try thi,s leaving my sims running their own lives for a few hours or all night but figured the second I turned my back a pop up would pause my game for me, which is what usually happens if I walk away with the game running. lol

I'd love to hear more of your adventures and misadventures, @Nate_Whiplash1 and @Mariefoxprice83.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    You guys aren't going to believe this, but now Katrina is dead--Nina is the only one that's left. Maybe it seems hard to believe, but since I started this experiment less than 2 hours ago, all I've done is check on them to see how they're doing. It looks like the pool got Katrina too.

4SJ9haI.png

Given the hard-knock life you set up for the Caliente girls, perhaps they tried to escape the simulation while you weren't watching. :D
    Monet11 wrote: »
    You guys aren't going to believe this, but now Katrina is dead--Nina is the only one that's left. Maybe it seems hard to believe, but since I started this experiment less than 2 hours ago, all I've done is check on them to see how they're doing. It looks like the pool got Katrina too.

4SJ9haI.png

Given the hard-knock life you set up for the Caliente girls, perhaps they tried to escape the simulation while you weren't watching. :D

Ya, those spoiled Caliente women. LOL
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't run all night on the sims, not for this game, but could better if you development your sims with all bunch of traits reward, then good chance they would be fine and not even lost job, if you got most of all reward store traits, that is, but sims with no traits/no development would likely in bad ending while sims with very development/vampire would had good ending if left all night, (depend on if aging off or on (if age is on, then vampire are kind of best path to left alone, after you done development right perk in vampire tree)

Very rare I left game run all night, but this game Sims 4 isn't design for running night, but on other hand, if we talk about X4 Foundations or X3 Terran Conflict or X3 Albion Prelude, then that game is make sense to run all night to make you credit to buy spaceship or spacestation, but this game sims 4, it's don't make sense to run all night, but I guess it's would be funny to see what would happen for one time, but everyday? No.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

4SJ9haI.png

What you've seen is just the tip of the iceburg--due to mods that I'm not allowed to mention, they have it a lot harder than people realize :wink:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    "I wouldn't dare. The sims wreck too much havoc even with me there to attempt to keep an eye on them.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    My Sims spend not very much time in their homes, so just letting them roam around on their lot unsuperviced is something I see as pointless.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I left my sims family, mom, dad and child alone for two hours while I fixed supper...and ate. I did not realize my sims were not paused. All the sims survived nicely, they were in the living room watching a movie when I came back. I was stunned! The only thing was bad was the wastebaskets were overflowing and roaches were everywhere. Glad you didn't die, could you have at least taken out the trash? :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lol, I wouldn’t even leave them for two minutes without my supervision! It’s like leaving toddlers alone! :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I started building the prison today.
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    What in the *plumbob expletive* kind of nightmare place do you have these poor gals living in? :D

this made me LOL!!!!!!!!!
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I left my sims family, mom, dad and child alone for two hours while I fixed supper...and ate. I did not realize my sims were not paused. All the sims survived nicely, they were in the living room watching a movie when I came back. I was stunned! The only thing was bad was the wastebaskets were overflowing and roaches were everywhere. Glad you didn't die, could you have at least taken out the trash? :D

Wow! Your sims are much better trained than mine! :o:#

Oh my, you have me laughing so hard! I'm sure you have some "fun" activities in store for them. >:)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member

I do hope you post screenshots of that, it sounds like a lot of fun!
    edited January 2022

Oh my, you have me laughing so hard! I'm sure you have some "fun" activities in store for them. >:)

I took a break from building to set them up with clubs which I will probably leave permanently active when using the save. There's a club for the warden, a club for the 3 human prisoners, and a club for the 3 occult prisoners. The warden is banned from friendly, funny or romantic interactions with the prisoners, but encouraged to be mean to them. The occult prisoners, a vampire, an alien and a mermaid, have a rivalry with the human prisoners so the clubs ban any positive interactions between the 2 groups, and both sets of prisoners are encouraged to use mean/mischievous actions with the warden but are banned from positive actions. The occult group also prioritises using their powers, while the human prisoners will be encouraged to clean and repair things. I made each human prisoner have an occult roommate so that could lead to interesting results, and none of the groups encourages positive interactions.

Before I finish building the prison I'm debating whether to have a 2nd warden. I probably will in the hope it increases the shenanigans.

I might have to build a coffin for the vampire at some point and I'm wondering whether the mermaid will need a bath in case a shower isn't enough for her. We'll see how it goes.

I do hope you post screenshots of that, it sounds like a lot of fun!

I will try to remember to do so.