Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those annoying phone calls!

You know those calls your sims get, so and so just died and left you an inheritance, yada yada. Normally my sim hangs up, but this time I decided to take them up on it. The condition connected to the inheritance was my sim had to get married in 7 days. Wow! So, my newly made sim made hay while the sun shines, so to speak, and he had his intended picked out, a good friend of his, wooed and sweet talked her into marrying him. Long story short, right after eloping in their bathroom, I got the message my sim inherited $25000!

I will never ignore those phone calls again! :D
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    You can also ask what the conditions are 😀
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I don't know if there are different conditions to be met, but I definitely will be answering those calls from now on. :D
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Well if you usually ask what the conditions are you usually end up getting like 2500 simeolens from it and they say.. there were no conditions.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    eloping in the bathroom, how... romantic? ;)
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I only respond with the "money money money" option if my sim is already in a serious enough relationship that marriage makes sense/is an option already. Otherwise I go with "under what conditions" or "no thanks" depending on my sim's bank account at the time.
  • Options
    :D The clock was ticking down and I didn't have enough time to plan a wedding, not that I do anyway.

Did I forget to mention that he is my Have A Million scenerio guinea pig...I was desperate for money!
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    That never happens to my sims. Instead they get calls like "you're an outcast, but we can use you"
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I love those phonecalls. They're from Eco Lifestyle @Nate_Whiplash1
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've never, ever answered the phone. I don't want to talk to the people in Henford and the Eco world, and I figured the others were all spam. I might have to give it a try! (Now, I'm thinking of going back to my abandoned millionaire scenario.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    kryptmoonkryptmoon Posts: 29 Member
    Those random phone calls are hilarious! My sim got a phone call from Nancy Landgrab. She asked my sim if he was "Vinny" so he said yes. She told him she needed a place to stash her cash and not to tell anyone. She then deposited $5000.00 into his account. I was like "Yes!" Great phone call until she came back looking for it later that day..lol She showed up at my sims home and she had the option to fight her..haha so I sent my sims' wife out to appease her but she wasn't having it. She promptly took back the money after knocking over the garbage can and arguing with my sims wife. He was in the house doing yoga unawares of the situation going on outside.. :o:D
  • Options
    I love that story! Now watch, this will be the time that the game borks out the phone calls. :p

@invisiblgirl, there is more of a silver lining in this relationship, she can paint and fish right along with her husband. After the baby comes, gets to be a teen, he too can help. Plus, I have a money tree that just sprouted, not that I'm putting any anticipation in getting to harvest it, but you never know. I'm pulling out all stops, without outright cheating, to complete this scenerio. >:)
  • Options
    LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @bshag4lv said:
    > You know those calls your sims get, so and so just died and left you an inheritance, yada yada. Normally my sim hangs up, but this time I decided to take them up on it. The condition connected to the inheritance was my sim had to get married in 7 days. Wow! So, my newly made sim made hay while the sun shines, so to speak, and he had his intended picked out, a good friend of his, wooed and sweet talked her into marrying him. Long story short, right after eloping in their bathroom, I got the message my sim inherited $25000!
    >
    > I will never ignore those phone calls again! :D

Oh wow! I almost always get the response that the condition was that there were to be no conditions if I asked if there were any conditions, but I've never gotten any money from it.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Bess Sterling keeps cleaning out the bank account of my poor, no money cheat new Sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MCCC mod has a lot of nice options to get rid of them. I don't care for annoying phone calls either and sadly Get Together and City Living gets the bulk of the phone calls.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    Yeah it depends on my mood but most times I'll ignore it only when I'm trying to get fame and the person asks for a donation I'll give it - tend to hang up the phone on Bess all the time
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I didn't know that phone call existed :O
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My Sim gets notified of deaths of Sims he knows, but so far no inheritance. He doesn't need it, though. He's a very young Global Superstar, still a Teen in high school. Nine albums under his belt, plus several songs licensed he's making a killing in Simoleons. All he ever gets is a heartache over the Sim he lost. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Wow, I get those stupid phone calls all the time. I never think to silence the phone at home, only when they go on vacation.

With that being said, I have 2 mods that could affect this, MCCC and Wonderful Whims. I have a slew of LittleMsSam's and bienchen's mods, so one of them could be responsible for phone calls that pay, but I never read anything about a mod causing this to happen. My sim is just lucky I guess. :D

Thanks for all the responses! <3
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The ones I find annoying are when my sim is in the Selvadorian jungle and someone wants my sim to hang out/attend event at.../anything else that would break the vacation. These sorts of things should be filtered out as IRL folks likely to do that will know one is away. Probably am ruining however many simian relationships, but just click x on those annoyances.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited November 2021
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    I didn't know that phone call existed :O

@LynnPlayz1 Yeah it's from Ecolifestyle I velieve so if you don't have that pack you won't get the inheritance call
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I dont mind the inheritance ones or even the ones asking to hang out if its a sim with high friendship/relationship.
    I dont like it when some rando my sim barely knows phones them up to say 'I hear you are friends with Dina Caliente now. Shes great!'. I mean who would do that irl!?
    They really should create a Facebook (Simbook LOL!) where you have the option to click on your phone and get all these messages. Surely thats more realistic these days?
  • Options
    I agree with this. ^^^
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    How do I NEVER get the interesting phone calls like this. I get called constantly with invites to whatever "party" or festival is going on but I have never had a call about an inheritance .... how do I start getting these fun phone calls??
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Do you have eco lifestyle, @Clousinators ?
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I remember going through all that trouble getting married at such short notice, and then, nothing happened. I didn't see a nickle, I married for free! xD