Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    *points at mojot89 - Yep, what she said. :)
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sul Sul fellow Simmers!
    I have been playing this challenge for a year now! Have now reached gen 6 (they are children right now)! :)
    Unfortunately, the current heir recently drowned because he went into the water on his own, even though he was tired. I'm still shocked! :o And very very sad... :'(
    Cause I'm so proud I'll show you my founder and her heirs so far:

27.11.20_23-14-5082k2yfj5f.jpg

26.02.21_23-13-00f0kyv.jpg

26.06.21_14-33-45xvkcu.jpg

28.07.21_14-24-39u1ks0.jpg

26.11.21_23-49-11-kopy2jlo.jpg
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    @Busufu - Awesome that you got so far! And super sad that your heir drowned :( Congrats to you though! I'm so glad you enjoy playing this challenge. If you start anew, or continue this family, feel free to keep sharing!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thank you very much @Lynnwood :)

The challenge will continue and also be completed. I'm letting my readers vote on who will carry on the legacy. At the moment Gen 6 are still children and too young. Therefore, my deceased heir's partner has taken over his role til the little ones are ready. :)
    My future potential heirs:

09.12.21_23-35-53qfjfo.jpg

Of course very ISBI-like: Dirty and tired! :D
    And here's the family tree so far.
    I publish the challenge on my blog, but it is in German. So I probably won't gain many new readers here. But some of my non-German speaking readers have it translated. It's easy with google: Just copy the link and the whole page - actually the whole blog - will be translated. :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 283 Member
    Ok, so I know back a while ago you had mentioned that you didn't see anything that would change rules due to university, however, I have a question and possibly a suggestion. So, I married in a townie, didn't know a lot about her other than she was single and had good genetics. Wooed her, married her, and after the wedding, I realized she was a uni student because she pulled out her homework and started working on it. She worked pretty diligently almost every day on her homework completely autonomously. She is now in her final semester and somehow still has a B grade. So my question (or possible suggestion) is if you manage to have an NTH graduate from college should there be some sort of points awarded for that? We get points for kids who get A's and while I agree the likelihood of getting an A in college autonomously is pretty much likely impossible, I still kind of wonder if it's worth getting even a tiny bit for even graduating. I'm shocked she still has a B, and granted she was through at least part of the degree before I married her in, so it's not like it was all done autonomously while in the household. Ultimately I'm fine with not getting anything if we don't think it's worth it, I really just decided to let her have that last semester cause she was in a distinguished program and I figured I would see if she could even do it at all. She came right home after class and started her homework again....sooo....I don't know, I think she has a shot. Maybe someone else also gave this a shot and has an opinion?
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    Ok, so I know back a while ago you had mentioned that you didn't see anything that would change rules due to university, however, I have a question and possibly a suggestion. So, I married in a townie, didn't know a lot about her other than she was single and had good genetics. Wooed her, married her, and after the wedding, I realized she was a uni student because she pulled out her homework and started working on it. She worked pretty diligently almost every day on her homework completely autonomously. She is now in her final semester and somehow still has a B grade. So my question (or possible suggestion) is if you manage to have an NTH graduate from college should there be some sort of points awarded for that? We get points for kids who get A's and while I agree the likelihood of getting an A in college autonomously is pretty much likely impossible, I still kind of wonder if it's worth getting even a tiny bit for even graduating. I'm shocked she still has a B, and granted she was through at least part of the degree before I married her in, so it's not like it was all done autonomously while in the household. Ultimately I'm fine with not getting anything if we don't think it's worth it, I really just decided to let her have that last semester cause she was in a distinguished program and I figured I would see if she could even do it at all. She came right home after class and started her homework again....sooo....I don't know, I think she has a shot. Maybe someone else also gave this a shot and has an opinion?

that's a very interesting thing to consider. Sadly, I think I haven't played around enough with Uni to know how hard can it get for an uncontrollable to graduate, but it does sound like some experimenting may be in order to decide if it should earn points

Anyways, i was just dropping by to leave the newest update of the Kings! Chapter 2.8 I hope you guys like it!
  • Options
    I finally got a new post for the Otts written up: Calvin Otts: 03
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I just started this challenge a few days ago and I must say, for me, a micromanager, it is REALLY something to be doing this! I'm on the second generation and so far so good. I have a question that I couldn't find the answer to by searching the board. When the torch holder is away from home, are we allowed to choose what the non-torch holders back home are doing? I assume that would be considered cheating, but since we are allowed to choose NTH work tones, I figure maybe choosing them when NTHs are not on the active lot might be okay too.
  • Options
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I just started this challenge a few days ago and I must say, for me, a micromanager, it is REALLY something to be doing this! I'm on the second generation and so far so good. I have a question that I couldn't find the answer to by searching the board. When the torch holder is away from home, are we allowed to choose what the non-torch holders back home are doing? I assume that would be considered cheating, but since we are allowed to choose NTH work tones, I figure maybe choosing them when NTHs are not on the active lot might be okay too.

I wish I had a good answer for you. I THINK the idea is you aren't really supposed to set them, but I went back and forth with that one myself. Seemed too "easy" to set them to skill though, so I stopped.

In other news, I have another update: Calvin Otts: 04
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I always forget you can actually do that when off lot! I usually only use those trips to rest from the family and also let them take a little better care of their needs, though it doesn't always work lol. I do agree it makes it a little too easy to have them skill that way, so not sure if it should be allowed.

I just dropped by to leave a new update from the Kings btw! Chapter 2.9
    Next chapter we'll be ready for Generation A's heir poll!! I can't with my excitement!
  • Options
    @silveRose82_ - Oho, interesting! As @SalemSvartulv said, I haven't been able to do much with University to really speak on what's really achievable in average gameplay. A NTH managing to get a decent, passing grade or graduating college without assistance really does seem like a noteworthy achievement however. I'll see about updating the rules accordingly.

@pearlbh - Yes, this challenge IS a bizarre ride for us micromanging players lolol. Selecting work tones or assigning NTHs to activities via portraits while your TH is away is somewhat of a personal preference. As @silveRose82_ says, it IS somewhat cheesy (especially assigning them to work on skills and such). If you want to play a more 'Hard Mode' version of the challenge then I'd say doing so is against the rules. If not, I'd just leave it on 'care for self.'

Sorry for the big delay in responses. FF14 Endwalker and WoW patch 9.2 is taking up most of my time lol. But I love checking back and seeing you guys still loving the challenge and continuing it. So keep it up!! <3
  • Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sul Sul everyone!

Due to my save file yeeting off into space, I restarted.

Here's my new founder, Makayla Essence.

88f29c5634811d1862099a1af57b8d2b20e01aaa.png

Blogger: Makayla 1.1
    Tumblr: Makayla 1.1
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @carlimact Ouch! Sorry about your save yeeting away. Your new founder is very pretty. I like her name too. Have fun!
  • Options
    thewolfsalemthewolfsalem Posts: 21 Member
    Hey guys! Guess what, I got locked out of my previous account because it randomly decided to ask me for a verification code and I'm also locked out from that email because of ANOTHER verification code I also can't get >.< <- extremelly annoyed that apparently passwords mean nothing now.

So long story short I ended up making another account to come share my last King of Fools updates :smiley: sorry about the non-clickable links

The newest chapter that plays all the way to the eldest kid's birthday
    https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2022/06/16/2-10-just-what-we-needed/

And this Is the link to the heirpoll~ I'm very excited to see which kid gets chosen heir :smiley:
    https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2022/06/15/generation-a-heir-poll/
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    Hey guys! Guess what, I got locked out of my previous account because it randomly decided to ask me for a verification code and I'm also locked out from that email because of ANOTHER verification code I also can't get >.< <- extremelly annoyed that apparently passwords mean nothing now.

So long story short I ended up making another account to come share my last King of Fools updates :smiley: sorry about the non-clickable links

The newest chapter that plays all the way to the eldest kid's birthday
    https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2022/06/16/2-10-just-what-we-needed/

And this Is the link to the heirpoll~ I'm very excited to see which kid gets chosen heir :smiley:
    https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2022/06/15/generation-a-heir-poll/

That's annoying about your account! But at least you could make a new account to keep sharing!
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    @Lynnwood Happy to see another FFXIV player! I think Endwalker was the best yet.

I have yet to complete an ISBI in Sims 4 even after a billion attempts. I may give this a go again.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    BoorahhBoorahh Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi I have a question regarding lot traits. There are two types of traits, the main ones (which is what i'm guessing can't be changed). Can we add the second ones also? Eg: Gremlins, cursed, off grid etc. If so, can these be removed as you go through generations? My idea to make this harder by adding all the secondary traits and each gen to eliminate one secondary trait per gen, however not touching the first 3 traits. Sorry for the dumb question I am new to this challenge.
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Id really like to try this challenge again (never really got into it). I’m generally a hands off player anyways but I’m wondering how you all keep things interesting. Do any of you use mods like more personality etc? I’ve always played sims 4 with a heap of mods but I’m considering trying a vanilla ISBI. Just worried I will end up bored!
  • Options
    @Boorahh I think the lot challenges will be up to you. As long as the other lot traits don't change at all, I think you'll be fine to add/remove lot challenges as you see fit since they only make the challenge harder for you.

@PurpleThistles The only "game play" mod I play with is MCCC and that's really only for story progression. Oh, I did add a mod to re-enable the vampire break-ins for more chaos. But I find that as long as I have things around the house that can possibly lose me points, my NTHs will find ways to keep me entertained. I mean, mainly they lose me points, but it's still great content lol I would also recommend trying to do things that you don't really play with, it adds to the fun. How do you normally play? Maybe I can give you some ideas?
  • Options
    > @mojot89 said:
    > @Boorahh I think the lot challenges will be up to you. As long as the other lot traits don't change at all, I think you'll be fine to add/remove lot challenges as you see fit since they only make the challenge harder for you.
    >
    Cheers. That is the goal ;)
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I’ve started my ISBI and it’s going scarily well! Two kids so far, one a child one a toddler and no fails yet 👀 I deliberately gave myself an easy start though, torch holder is a gardener with the botanist aspiration, married a guy with good traits and chugging away up the scientist career ladder. Only exciting thing to happen is one day my sims spouse did not go to work!
  • Options
    I find that the chaos really starts when there are kids in the picture lol
  • Options
    thewolfsalemthewolfsalem Posts: 21 Member
    > @mojot89 said:
    > That's annoying about your account! But at least you could make a new account to keep sharing!

Very annoying >.< But yep, nothing was gonna stop me from sharing hahahaha this challenge is special!

> @PurpleThistles said:
    > Id really like to try this challenge again (never really got into it). I’m generally a hands off player anyways but I’m wondering how you all keep things interesting. Do any of you use mods like more personality etc? I’ve always played sims 4 with a heap of mods but I’m considering trying a vanilla ISBI. Just worried I will end up bored!

I'm like Mojo honestly, the only Gameplay mod I use Is MCCC AND maybe a couple other miiiiinor things. I mostly make thr challenge harder no myself but having lots of kids and giving my sims lots of stuff to do around that could distract them from taking care of their needs lol it usually works.
    I hope you have fun with it!
  • Options
    Hot tubs are great because they love napping in those instead of actually sleeping lol

Also, I have a WILDE update! And my Chaos ISBI is back up and giving me a run for my money! Chapter 9.3 - Chaos Is BACK!
  • Options
    Me again I have another question.
    Our founder died, we then had the dad take over until the kids are older enough to pick an heir (currently teens).
    Now he's died too
    We have 4 teens in the household.
    What happens now? Do we pick the one we want to be the next heir and work them from teen age seem no one is a ya yet. OR go the eldest route first?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top