Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't mind IF the packs also get additional stuff to replace those assets

I don't like it when it seems like packs are spent adding things that get slipped to base game later like dang it just do other stuff for the pack if u gonna do that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I like that everyone will be getting this hairstyle but the problem with making SP content specifically into base game content is that SPs don't have that much content in the first place so it can really take away from their value.

The biggest example is Perfect Patio that got it's 'big' gameplay object added to the base game (albeit in a different design).
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited October 2021
    I haven't really been updated with this game in a while (like almost a year or more) but really disappointed that they're still doing this. 🤦
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It's not nice when some of us paid for it. I pay for dlc specifically because I want more items. But hey, just wait and they will make it free?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    It doesnt matter to me if its just a few cas assets, since its gameplay that makes up the focal point for a pack. I dont buy a pack for one or two things unless Im not exactly paying fully out of pocket. Ill just look for cc in that case.

But partial paid gameplay being put in for free? Now we have a problem.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It would be okay as long as they tweaked the stuff a little so it at least doesn't look exactly the same! They could have added a few additional curls to this particural haistyle to make the "tails" a little bit longer. I wouldn't be angry. But this is getting out of hand. It really feels like a waste of money. What's the point of PAYING for packs when I can get the stuff a couple years completely FOR FREE?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    They really should have made more for representation with this. What about the people that bought the packs and still need more appropriate hairstyles to use?

Then they have enjoyed that content for the whole period that it was exclusive to the pack. It's not like they're taking it away.

I cannot understand this mindset objecting to a few, incidental items getting shared across the base game, that have been pack exclusives for years.

HAVING IT SOONER is what you paid for. Read your license agreement. You have already signed off on a "YES" to these kinds of changes, to play the game at all.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I think it's great that they're committed to representation and keeping it from being locked behind a paywall. A person's ethnicity or culture shouldn't be sold to them, especially when the free options are so limited.

Which is why they're going to give us stuff from Island Living, Snowy Escape, and those culture-based kits away for free, right? After all, they're tied to identity, and they're all from very underrepresented groups who have almost no stuff in the basegame. Heck, they should give us those entire packs and kits, instead of locking them away behind a paywall. :)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    What I don't like in this case is that they could have added base game adult hairs for toddlers. I don't like the explanation with the representation. Suddenly they care about this? And what's about the other stuff they added to the base game?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I'm thinking of closing my wallet in the near future, if they keep this politics of making paid content for free because of identy politics. They aren't generous with items in these packs in general, they put just the minimum of items in it, before it looked too bad for them. Now pulling out some items out of it, makes me think that the high price (1€= 1$) these packs aren't worth to buy anymore. I'm not rich, beside living in rich country. Don't get me wrong I'm very fine with new black representation items in base game, but it shouldn't be pulled from already paid content, it should be create extra.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't get the decisions being taken at the moment. They're like "we're listening we're listening!" and then spend their development time on random things that haven't really been asked for (spa day update instead of dine out, 500 furniture kits when many have complained about the game turning into a build sim, scenarios and a new way of adding items) instead of what people are asking for (babies, cars, content actually working, occults, generations, etc), and actively continue making paid content free when they know people aren't happy with it happening
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    They really should have made more for representation with this. What about the people that bought the packs and still need more appropriate hairstyles to use?

Then they have enjoyed that content for the whole period that it was exclusive to the pack. It's not like they're taking it away.

I cannot understand this mindset objecting to a few, incidental items getting shared across the base game, that have been pack exclusives for years.

HAVING IT SOONER is what you paid for. Read your license agreement. You have already signed off on a "YES" to these kinds of changes, to play the game at all.

I said they should have made more to release for everyone instead of just those that do not have this SP, nothing more and nothing less.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s legal. They are well within their rights to keep doing this. But it still feels oh, so slimy to me every single time.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is something the team are doing more of. Initially as a one off it didn’t seem too bad but now it’s getting more and more content from dlc added to basegame. The upcoming window that was advertised for one of the kits I don’t agree with that needs to be patched in for that kit otherwise it seems false advertising.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am still a bit disappointed. This is already the second hair from toddler stuff that is taken out of the sp and given to the base game. Where will this end?

I am however done getting angry over single items becoming base game. The only thing they should really have kept pack exclusive is the hot tub because perfect patio stuff has basically lost all of it's gameplay value.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am still a bit disappointed. This is already the second hair from toddler stuff that is taken out of the sp and given to the base game. Where will this end?

I am however done getting angry over single items becoming base game. The only thing they should really have kept pack exclusive is the hot tub because perfect patio stuff has basically lost all of it's gameplay value.
    Honestly, I think hot tubs should have been in the basegame, like they were in Sims 1 and 2. I don't think things that were previously available in a basegame should be cordoned off. So while the 20th anniversary hot tub was a big insult to the people who bought Perfect Patio, I feel like Perfect Patio shouldn't have been a thing in the first place.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Honestly, I think hot tubs should have been in the basegame, like they were in Sims 1 and 2. I don't think things that were previously available in a basegame should be cordoned off. So while the 20th anniversary hot tub was a big insult to the people who bought Perfect Patio, I feel like Perfect Patio shouldn't have been a thing in the first place.

You definitely have a point. It would have been better if hot tubs been added to the base game from the get go. It would have been way better if they had never created this situation. But they did, unfortunately. They created a SP for hot tubs specifically and then decided to make that SP pointless by taking out every gameplay element that was exclusive to this pack. What bothers me is not so much the hot tub in base game but the shallow empty box called perfect patio stuff that is left.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    As long as they add new color swatches to the basegame for the clothing, it's not a problem for me.

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I don't have a problem with a couple of assets from old packs getting moved to the base game. I've had that stuff for a long time, and I don't feel that I am losing any investment because others are getting it for free now. On the other hand, it just seems lazy. If the point is to make the game more representative, then create new items. That way, everyone benefits.

I do wonder if the worker shortage in America is having an impact on game production. I don't want to call it out for being lazy if it is being done because there aren't enough workers to create new items in a timely manner. That would be unfair.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited October 2021
    As a minority and a curly haired person, I am offended by the lack of any kind of care given to representation. They care so little that they take old assets and act like they're new. And not only that, but I bought all of the packs and content on release day so not only do you not really give a darn about representation by giving NEW styles of clothes and hair, but ya make me feel taken advantage of by making my purchases meaningless.

My wallet is officially closed.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't get the decisions being taken at the moment. They're like "we're listening we're listening!" and then spend their development time on random things that haven't really been asked for (spa day update instead of dine out, 500 furniture kits when many have complained about the game turning into a build sim, scenarios and a new way of adding items) instead of what people are asking for (babies, cars, content actually working, occults, generations, etc), and actively continue making paid content free when they know people aren't happy with it happening

Because they took my money. No I don't lose the use of it, but I had to pay to get it. If it had been free, I would have kept my money. I'm not sure why you don't see the issue with that? It's like if I stood in line and paid to see a movie, and all the people in line behind me get in free. Why did I pay? I should be given credit or something to replace it. And if you've read my postings in the past, I am a supporter of DLC. I buy most of the DLC. This makes me consider not doing that anymore.