Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios Coming To Base Game

Comments

• Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I had no idea this "feature" was so wanted by the community. Sure, I'm a bit out of touch with reality, but... is this their idea of adding some variation to the usual build/buy objects? "We don't have resources or time to add gameplay or new lifestates, so let's give people challenges on how to play the game!"

Sorry, old game. You'll be on the shelf for a bit longer, it seems.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2021
    Scenarios will give people simple guideline ideas for how to play a game. Some people prefer help in directing their gameplay (achievements, campaigns, end goals) while others prefer to do their own thing (sandbox, freeplay).

I'm a sandbox type of player and have no need to play out a specific scenario or achieve an end goal. I'm the type of person who always skips over game campaigns and goes straight to sandbox mode, so it's not likely I'll utilize this new feature. But I can see it being quite useful for giving people ideas and direction if they're at a loss of what to do in their game or are getting bored with just regular sandbox play style.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I guess I’m going to be in the minority and say I like the idea of Scenarios. I actually like when I’m given a story and then I just take it from there. As long as they develop ones with a lot of restriction. That will probably make me happier.

But I can understand how for many players this is underwhelming as you can do this with your own imagination.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    What makes me the most worried is how excited they always are about the most useless additions, it's hard to have faith in the future of this game when devs seem to think that they're coming up with some revolutionary ideas while delivering more empty systems that have nothing to do with what the community wants. They just seem so stuck in their vision of what this game is supposed to be, trying their hardest to not repeat and reuse all the stuff that people loved about previous sims games...

Yes, it was after a livestream that i gave up on sims 4. I was so excited and i didn't like at all what i realized in that moment. They were pretending a super fake excitement on the presentation of what they ofc know was shallow content... It fell so bad on me... i just undestood sims 4 isn't for me. Not like this.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I'm just hoping that this new feature can be turned off or completely ignored.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

i think so cause you had to click another button in main menu to even get it

tho i found it strange there was no load game button idk if its cause they didn't have any previous saves on that particular computer or what :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

i think so cause you had to click another button in main menu to even get it

tho i found it strange there was no load game button idk if its cause they didn't have any previous saves on that particular computer or what :/

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's why. I was so scared initially that you could only use them in new saves which would mean I would never use it. Since I only play in one save. But then I saw the "start scenario in previous save option"
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not interested :/
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is why I dont watch streams often. Disappointment inevitably ends up on the menu.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Eh, Scenarios could be interesting. The two they're starting with don't particularly interest me, but future ones might.

Although, it usually takes me a couple of generations to actually hit one million Simoleans, but I'm not usually trying either.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    This past summer, we had an entire forum thread asking players how to make the game more challenging. There were some amazing, thoughtful and polite responses from the community.
    I am just baffled that after reading through all those replies, this was all the Sims team could come up with...

Not only that, but these Scenarios look like zero effort or thought went into them.
    Become a Millionaire? Wow, no one has ever done that before in a Sims game :* No restrictions at all either, so you might as well just cheat to win!
    Find Love after a Breakup? That would be fun, if we had a functioning Attraction system. Or maybe if it took longer than 2 minutes to romance another sim.

I can't imagine how they read through hundreds of replies from players telling them how to make the game more challenging, and this is all they could come up with.

At this rate, the November update better be enormous, because this update is very disappointing. And I'm even more disappointed since they're not releasing any packs for the rest of year, so this is basically all we're getting.

cheering-gif-2.gif

Couldn't have said this better 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Tho i wonder if theyll say they are still going to implement things from that thread and this has nothing to do with it and they still hear us, this update wont take away resources from other updates or dlc...but i feel like thats always used as an excuse lol;;;
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2021
    When I first heard of the feature "Scenarios", I imagined them to be complex with some base rules you couldn't break. Granted, players already did this kind of thing, but I was curious regardless. But seeing that only two very simple ones are releasing, I'm struggling to understand the point of it and I think when it comes out, I'll ignore it completely.

Off-topic, and I'm sure folks have discussed this already, but I'm beginning to become curious about how the development of the game works. In Carl's Sim Guides' video on it, that's where I first learned of it, at 1:19, he reported that the window from the trailer for the loft kit wasn't actually in the kit and folks asked if it would come out. They replied late November. For a window? This has happened multiple times now, even modders will create something for the game in one sitting, like skins, but for the Sims team, it took them a very long time to update them. Why? I don't understand how people with so fewer resources and assistance are continuing to out-perform the devs.

Back on topic, if we can expect unnecessary and low effort content like this as updates for the rest of the year, I think I'll just continue exploring the modding community... as well as playing other games. That being said, I am surprised they're actually going ahead and attempting to add in disabilities. It is something I would use, but I wonder how it would work. However, I'm also worried it's going to be disappointing.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I had no idea this "feature" was so wanted by the community. Sure, I'm a bit out of touch with reality, but... is this their idea of adding some variation to the usual build/buy objects? "We don't have resources or time to add gameplay or new lifestates, so let's give people challenges on how to play the game!"

Sorry, old game. You'll be on the shelf for a bit longer, it seems.

To be fair, it sort of has been wanted, just indirectly. People have long since complained that "aspirations are just pack tutorials" and we need actual life challenges/aims for sims
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    For me, I am curious because I will sometimes get in a rut and try to think of what I want some of my households to do/aspire for. This could be cool as someone who isn't always looking up what's out there already or using too many mods. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I guess I’m going to be in the minority and say I like the idea of Scenarios. I actually like when I’m given a story and then I just take it from there. As long as they develop ones with a lot of restriction. That will probably make me happier.

But I can understand how for many players this is underwhelming as you can do this with your own imagination.

I like it to with the money Scenario if you have it and move to a new lot it will put your money to zero
    no cheats needed I play rags to riches a lot so I think its really nice. I wish there were a few more restrictions
    and badges for you to earn but I'm still pleased and hope for more.
    I think people will be upset not because its a bad update but because its not a big update and we have no packs coming.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    Off-topic, and I'm sure folks have discussed this already, but I'm beginning to become curious about how the development of the game works. In Carl's Sim Guides' video on it, that's where I first learned of it, at 1:19, he reported that the window from the trailer for the loft kit wasn't actually in the kit and folks asked if it would come out. They replied late November. For a window? This has happened multiple times now, even modders will create something for the game in one sitting, like skins, but for the Sims team, it took them a very long time to update them. Why? I don't understand how people with so fewer resources and assistance are continuing to out-perform the devs.

Part of that is probably because modders can decide what to make and when. If Maxis has spent all of their budget for a month on creating other assets for upcoming packs and patches, the window is going to wait until they can spend the resources on it.

Another part is probably restrictions in their monthly patch pipeline. I don't know what those restrictions are, so it could be anything from technical restrictions to quality assurance to liaising with consoles. That's where this new express content system would come in; I assume it makes it more possible for them to say "Whoops, we overlooked this window. We'll have it in your game within a few weeks".
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    LJK wrote: »

Part of that is probably because modders can decide what to make and when. If Maxis has spent all of their budget for a month on creating other assets for upcoming packs and patches, the window is going to wait until they can spend the resources on it.

Another part is probably restrictions in their monthly patch pipeline. I don't know what those restrictions are, so it could be anything from technical restrictions to quality assurance to liaising with consoles. That's where this new express content system would come in; I assume it makes it more possible for them to say "Whoops, we overlooked this window. We'll have it in your game within a few weeks".

Yeah I'm guessing they can't just pick someone and tell them to make the window because they have schedules and people are already working on something and they have to wait for someone that's free to assign them that job. But I don't know much about game development.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Interesting.

Back in September I posted in the Feedback forum, wondering if EA were creating social scenario set ups when I noticed things in my University dorm that I had not noticed before. Dormies seemed more intimate with their assigned girlfriends and boyfriends and there were public breakups too.
    CK213 wrote: »
    On a side note, there was something else I noticed at Uni.
    I know the dormies have much more of a life than past games. They have love interests and their own group of friends.
    But things seem more dynamic lately. I've notice more of them walking around heart broken, public displays of affection, and even arguments.
    09-15-21_6-00-48_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_10-26-58_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_2-51-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_2-51-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If I was playing someone else, I would steal his girlfriend.
    He isn't treating her right. Perfect opportunity for my sim to slip in there.
    09-16-21_2-52-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I feel like they are giving us opportunities for storytelling and drama.
    Like here is a setup for you to take advantage of.

I hoped they were doing things like this, but maybe not.
    It is kind of cool of them to make it easier to set up creative game play and integrate it in the game instead of us having to type in cheats and stuff. It's going to need a little more depth though.

The only thing that has depth in University is academics, everything else is a bit shallow. I don't bother with any of the other activities, so I just focus on academics, my group of sims, and the lives of the dormies.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Why? What groundbreaking scenarios can you come up with that we can't and haven't already played?
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    If I'm honest, I'm a bit intrigued by this. Maybe not so much the millionaire one but the other one. As someone who gets stuck in what direction to take my sims' stories, this may help me shake things up.

I do have a question though: Are they temporary, like the Jasmine Holiday ones, or will these scenarios be around forever? This may have been answered already and I overlooked it but I'm curious. If they're limited time, then that's very disappointing.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    If I'm honest, I'm a bit intrigued by this. Maybe not so much the millionaire one but the other one. As someone who gets stuck in what direction to take my sims' stories, this may help me shake things up.

I do have a question though: Are they temporary, like the Jasmine Holiday ones, or will these scenarios be around forever? This may have been answered already and I overlooked it but I'm curious. If they're limited time, then that's very disappointing.

They said they are permanent but some that come will be limited time. I'm guessing Holiday themed ones
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Some will be limited time not the ones they showed though. @SweetieWright_84
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2021
    I think, the challenges in my Game Center are more interesting...