Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea or coffee ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
Hi,

What do your sims drink each morning ?

Tea or coffee ? 136 votes

Tea
16%
crocobauraTheSpotted_CKhrisstyneChampandGirlieMissmagoo2annaliese39snoepjes1210LittleMandalionModerateOspreypinneduphairAtreya33kaiwrysimsSharoniaSimmingalVINNIHCalico45ElisetomSepiaNightwalkerArkanisZoeyevester 23 votes
Coffee
19%
Icewolfalexspoom13alan650111Simpatsyannalanmichael1mitchiebanjoKatiardguezstephanie132392kiwi84EmmaVaneMarkwilsonpandie00ImSandsPamtastic72sinnyoncecomicsforlifeHopeyStarrSAEldarinbirdonawireLaira 27 votes
Milk
2%
LeGardePourpreYBNS2468Clousinatorsplumboy23 4 votes
Orange juice
2%
taydevRedShoe7happyopi 3 votes
Something else
5%
BoergeAarg61cyncieOldeseadoggeLiELFFlapghamrick75GlacierSnowLesleyA 8 votes
Nothing
52%
auroraael14Frn0731Kita5399Goth583GalacticGalCamkatPlayerSinger2010MelisendreSimburianbabajayneCaitxcatMariefoxprice83simgirl1010loubyloulougoodcakebaker62MindofyDarkLady2788LizzychicagogreydonnSimplyJen 71 votes

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nothing
    As far as I can tell, none of my sims need to drink anything, but sometimes they do drink things on their own. It varies, though, and I don't keep up with what they're drinking unless I happen to notice anything unusual.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    My sims drink coffee, tea, and orange juice depending on the situation. I usually have my sims drink coffee if they didn't get a full night's rest, tea when they are sick to help recover a little faster, and orange juice is usually my default drink with their breakfast. Orange juice also helps with illnesses, and it's the only thing kids can drink when they are sick to help them recover faster.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Tea
    I prefer tea for my sims, it seems to be more beneficial than coffee.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nothing
    If I could have coffee without the annoying "Energized" buff, I'd do that.

Sadly, since it's the most useless emotion for my Sims, I seldom allow them coffee at all.

Could I please have Focused or Inspired coffee instead? Those are the states it puts me in IRL.

Until then, my sims don't enjoy a morning beverage.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Nothing
    I don’t let them have coffee makers because they use them autonomously (when they absolutely don’t need to) and then they have to pee more. The teamaker used to be allowed and much beloved, but recently they’ve been all over that thing worse than a coffee maker! And I mean, they queue up the next cup while they’re drinking their first cup. Then the third. It’s obsessive.

But I wouldn’t go through the extra effort of getting them a glass of anything each morning because there is no reason to.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Tea
    They don't necessarily drink in the morning but if I get them a drink, it is usually tea. I like the fact that I can give them different emotions. my favourite is the green tea that gives a +2 happiness because it stacks with other emotions.

I really don't like coffee in real life so I don't feel the need to have my sims drink coffee ever.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Nothing
    There's usually no time for my sims to have a drink in the morning. When I want my sims to have a drink during the day I usually go for coffee. I don't buy the tea machine often. And when my sims autonomously decide to have a drink they go for a glass of milk almost every time.

I wish we had a hot drink machine like we have in The Sims 3. Those drinks sound so delicious. It always made me crave them. Yuuum!!!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nothing
    ^ Hot Drinks, you say? sorry, couldn’t resist

https://youtu.be/_ZXeFPpPJeI
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Tea
    The one thing I micromanage that probably shouldn't matter.
    I do not like coffee irl, so I make sure that all my sims that I play drink tea. Plus, they give sims extra moodlets that coffee doesn't do, so that's always fun.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Something else
    They usually don't drink anything, but when they do, they drink anything available.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Nothing
    They usually don't drink anything. I don't have have coffee or tea makers often because my Sims seem to get obsessed by them. They constantly make coffee or tea autonomously.
    Sometimes they work, though. I just played my Not So Berry Challenge and the family has had a tea maker for the whole time and I don't remember seeing them using it much.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Something else
    I wish the hot cocoa item from outdoor retreat worked. Also wish we had more tea pots / tea makers.

and also my sims seem to hit the bar area as much as the coffee maker.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Something else
    I tried to not have a coffee maker in this save because in past saves my Sims became too dependent on coffee for energy. But my current Sim got one for Winterfest, so I had to let him have it. Luckily, he’s not gone overboard like some of my others, and drinks both coffee and tea in moderation. His obsession is making beverages at the bar that he doesn’t drink.
  • Options
    LesleyALesleyA Posts: 30 Member
    Something else
    Pretty sure the only thing I have ever seen them drink, unless in an event with nothing but a coffee machine, is water.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nothing
    LOL Depending on the time frame when they awaken and when they need to head out, I generally just cheat up their needs. Erik will voluntarily drink water. I've caught his father sneaking some coffee, which was so funny I had to catch a photo of it. Here he is in the small nook between the kitchen and the dining room.

Somebody please tell me why? LOL

XQRwupp.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2021
    Tea
    Well actually usually nothing they don't have time to vibe

but if they do sometimes its tea

I've yet to really use coffee maker for any household but i guess thats just personal bias cause i don't like coffee myself :lol:

also some of my cottage sims drink different types of milk sometimes but also usually nah
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Nothing
    I'm a cruel deity. I don't let them drink anything in the morning. Unless they manage to sneak a glass of water, but even then it's fifty-fifty whether I let them finish it.

However, if they go and have breakfast in a restaurant they get to drink whatever is on the menu.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Nothing
    I gave them tea when I had to fulfill one of the wellness aspirations, but mostly I don't give them anything because it doesn't matter a ton. They'll drink at restaurants though.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Nothing
    At the very beginning I had coffee makers in my sims' kitchens, but the vicious cycle of drinking then having to pee pretty much nulled out any advantage to staying up later. Using reward traits to lessen their Bladder needs may solve that problem but when I began going that route I also lessened their Energy needs. Also the coffee maker was just one more thing that spoiled and broke.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Some mornings, I'll also have one of my sims make and drink a protein shake at the bar instead of eating a traditional breakfast. Protein shakes can fill hunger a lot and makes my sim energized before I have him hit the gym.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Nothing
    It just makes them need to use the bathroom.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Tea
    Tea or plasma.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Nothing
    Neither.
    Sims are too easily addicted to drinking tea or coffee. I've had to delete coffeemakers and teamakers because sims will constantly make drinks all the time.
    The sims are caffeine addicts and need to serious rehab :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Nothing
    Most of my sims don’t have a morning drink with breakfast. The sims that have a coffee maker usually drink it at night.