Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OFFICIAL INCHEON ARRIVALS AND FASHION WEEK SCREENSHOT THREAD!

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It's a metal circle worn around the belly. Same category as foot binding and those necklaces worn in Africa that make necks longer. Also, it makes the sari look dowdy.
    How does a metal belt change the shape of anything? They are adjustable to fit the waist irl, it's just a decorative piece like a bracelet or any other kind of belt.

Here's Carla and her husband Imran in their new togs. Firstly, looking bright and colourful:
    Everyday.png?dl=0

And Carla looking radiant in her formal gown:
    Formal.png?dl=0

I adore the detailing on the back and the outfit looks great with the arm accessory.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    The modern day sari....

Wonder Woman had her bullet-deflecting wrist bands. And now we have bullet-deflecting waist belts:

PcD5GGf.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little superhero attire to keep the villainous skallywags on their toes.... You go, girlfriend! :D

**Gasp**

Superheroes are coming! It's an official hint! No takesy backsies, Maxis!! You have Superheroes coming, right?? Right??!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    LiELF wrote: »
    The modern day sari....

Wonder Woman had her bullet-deflecting wrist bands. And now we have bullet-deflecting waist belts:

PcD5GGf.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little superhero attire to keep the villainous skallywags on their toes.... You go, girlfriend! :D

**Gasp**

Superheroes are coming! It's an official hint! No takesy backsies, Maxis!! You have Superheroes coming, right?? Right??!!

Uhoh...
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    The modern day sari....

PcD5GGf.jpg

**Gasp**

Uhoh...

😂 lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    It's a metal circle worn around the belly. Same category as foot binding and those necklaces worn in Africa that make necks longer. Also, it makes the sari look dowdy.

I just can't see the comparison. I think at this point though it is best for me to step away from the topic since I'm the last person who'd know anything about metal sari belts. Or chastity belts for that matter. :D
    To me saris with and without the belt look lovely on ladies and lady sims, but you know, I'm just some western dude and I can't tell whether these girls are forced to wear those belts or not. By gosh I hope you're not ladies!
    The modern day sari....

PcD5GGf.jpg

**Gasp**

Uhoh...

Please promise we'll be getting functional phone booths with that!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    How does a metal belt change the shape of anything? They are adjustable to fit the waist irl, it's just a decorative piece like a bracelet or any other kind of belt.

Formal.png?dl=0

I adore the detailing on the back and the outfit looks great with the arm accessory.

Know what, forget chastity belts. It looks exactly like a barrel hoop. French world and wine making must be coming. 😆

Oak-wine-barrel.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2021

Formal.png?dl=0

Know what, forget chastity belts. It looks exactly like a barrel hoop. French world and wine making must be coming. 😆
    Oak-wine-barrel.jpg

You see now you're giving me something to work with! :D
    I used to wear a rubber keg ring-seal around my wrist and I believe those Barrel Hoops would look gorgeous on anyone really.
    I think Barrel Keg Fashion could be a thing. We should get a Barrel Keg CAS Kit.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I own metal belts in real life….
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2021
    I made these. (Also I love that hair by QICC, who proves long hair is doable in TS4 :smile: )

D1WqQrB.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I don't feel comfortable with someone trying to give their very personal opinon on a piece of clothing that is clearly aimed to be inclusive for a certain culture (currently very underrepresented in the game) more weight by imposing an extremely weird and unfitting connotation upon it. Especially after EA have been working with actual designers for the culture they wanted to represent this time. Nothing wrong with saying you'd have liked it better without the belt, but there's a line.

There is certainly a reason for EA staff posting here to state that it's not a chastity belt while they'll normally hardly comment here - and it's not a good one.

My point exactly.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m wondering why Fashion Street Kit didn’t include Bindi ?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I don't feel comfortable with someone trying to give their very personal opinon on a piece of clothing that is clearly aimed to be inclusive for a certain culture (currently very underrepresented in the game) more weight by imposing an extremely weird and unfitting connotation upon it. Especially after EA have been working with actual designers for the culture they wanted to represent this time. Nothing wrong with saying you'd have liked it better without the belt, but there's a line.

There is certainly a reason for EA staff posting here to state that it's not a chastity belt while they'll normally hardly comment here - and it's not a good one.

I don't feel comfortable being told that I am not supposed to give my opinion and should accept things without questioning. It's good that EA cleared the issue, I am also sure that the likeness to a barrel hoop was completely unintentional.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like the look of Incheon, because we don't have that sort of thing. I'm not so sure about the Fashion kit. It looks nice but...

Seriously, there's only so many clothes a Sim can wear at a time.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    The chastity belt thing...I just can't. That goes several inches lower than a female's waist 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And are surprisingly comfortable, just don't stay out in the cold too long if you can help it. Ahh, Halloween memories. And before someone gets it twisted, I was Maid Marion. If you don't get the reference, watch Robin Hood Men In Tights. Mel Brooks is a GENIUS.

Are barrel hoops going to be the next duct tape bracelets? Only time will tell. Frankly, if a 90's kit ever comes our way, and it doesn't include pants you can hide 5 people in and duct tape everything, it isn't the 90's. But a French world could be cool if it includes the coffee/vino culture and Bastille Day somehow. Got to have those two things. *nods*

Forgot: I am LOVING the new outfits - it just turned Spring in my game, and I'm actually having a hard time deciding on spring outfits for my households. Might have to use more than one slot for the first time ever lol.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    A couple more outfits for my couple:
    10-10-21_3-30-28%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am back at Uni playing my Dark Academia sims.
    10-10-21_8-16-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

10-10-21_7-49-48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

10-10-21_7-46-43_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

10-10-21_7-26-33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Everyone's sims look amazing 👏 👏👏 great thread!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I just bought both of these kits and I really like them. There is a lot of variety with the patterns and colours in the swatches. And I love the Teal and Saphire Blue colours, so lovely. Definitely recommend the kits. The pics in Origin don't do justice to how many outfits you can make with them and I think the two kits together go really well together with the City Living clothing.

tEVmKNk.png
    bZuMaqp.png
    aWrbbGR.png
    vdwqgdq.png
    TOz0JKY.png
    h06UgZE.png
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Very nice!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Very nice!

Thank you! :smile:
  • Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    h06UgZE.png

The combinations looks nice :) Out of curiosity is that sweater with the koi fishes from City Living? If so I will need to track it down in cas so I can use it for some of my sims.
  • Options
    @Ember_Fox Yes, it's from the City Living pack. I really like this sweater too. The blue one is nice too. The first swatch on this sweater is a black and gold motif.
  • Options

The Bheeda's coming in from an Autumn walk through the city.
    8rVtVDm.png?1

I love the coat's in this kit.
    1NgfoA7.png?1

Little Jasleen's amazed. She's never seen her Dad wear such fancy clothes.
    XwThVcL.png?1
  • Options
    Ever since the Tiny Living stuff pack I'm obsessed with Teal colors in the game haha. I think they look so nice. I hope every new comes in Teal.
    oOvUKZH.png?1
    2vX69hD.png?1
    v6qDE5r.png?1
    znf6r5N.png?1
    e2cb1vz.png?1