Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you been able to make an accurate simself?

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    No
    This thread motivated me to give it a try. In fact, I've now tried to make my Simwife and Simdaughter, too. They all turned out OK.

All three of us think I did the best job of creating my wife. One of the premade faces has her eyes, and that was the key to capturing her look. My daughter had fun giving SimMom a gentle makeover once I was through with her. Both my wife and I look a bit younger than we really are, but we're both just fine with that. :)

My daughter is 12, so she's neither a Child nor a Teen, in Sims terms. I had to create a younger version of her.

I'm not sure I'd ever put us into a save, but it was a fun project.
    I’m glad you were able to have fun. πŸ˜ŽπŸŽ‰

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    Sort of

I've been tweaking my simself sometimes, and I can't get the nose right. My eye color is more darker, to the point it's black.

But it's close enough.
    7Re7xna.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes
    My Simself looks very much like me.
    For a while, I had a hard time getting the nose to look right, but in my most recent save I was able to mess around with it a bit and FINALLY got it to look like mine.
    I was able to make an accurate depiction of my fiancΓ© in the Sims too.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes
    Yes, after trying a lot of times, I managed to make an accurate simself, it looks very similar to the real me, I also made a younger one, and an older one imagining how I will look in the future :)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Yes
    Mine was quite spot-on....so much so that I deleted him, because he reminded me of how ugly I am :D
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Sort of
    I have several times past cartoony representations of myself eg. 80s self, 90s self but dont want a super accurate current self. This way if they die or crazy things happen to them it doesnt feel personal. My teenage simself is in my current NSB gen and she is mean and unpleasant. We enjoy being mean back to her.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Sort of
    We don't have full body freckles and I'm very freckly.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Sort of
    I've tried it exactly once. I think I did "okay", but I could never make it look right.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    β˜†οΎŸ.*ο½₯q゚ Follow me on the gallery β˜†οΎŸ.*ο½₯q゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    οΌ―(≧▽≦)οΌ―

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yes
    I made myself and one of my coworkers. We were both shocked by the accuracy. My coworker saw her sim and said: "She looks more like me than I do!"
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Sort of
    Β Β Β Β Β 
    Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Sort of
    Β Β Β Β Β 
    Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    No
    The game still doesn't support my hair without mods. One day they'll get the full glory of 3ab types for guys.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No
    Edit: so how do I get my original comment back if I had to edit but messed up??!

Nevermind. Can’t be done. πŸ˜’ All I was saying in my usual roundabout roundabout way is that I don’t play as my simself. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I think we all got that I just thought it was a good joke picture @CAPTAIN_NXR7 B)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Sort of
    I've managed to make a Simself that sort of resembles me in some areas, but is way off in others. Whenever we get new DLC, I will usually edit and tweak the appearance. I don't play as my Simself (I mainly use it for avatars etc) so I just continuously work on it.
    9TUsipI.png

tQ0Tulf.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    No
    man I'm finding it so weird seeing sim me doing things in the game...
    and she is constantly having worst time cause not only is she gloomy,paranoid and loner....
    she also dislikes modern decor :lol:
    HCldoua.png
    I do think I should perhaps take the decor one out cause she is getting all mad over trashcans... :lol:
    Dr2ZN5m.png
    also its so weird seeing my beloved sims next to self sim like dang are you even in same game :lol:
    (its vlad and judiths kid which is why she looks so pretty)
    Lm7qg3e.png
    did still end up making her vampire though...... because yes I am actually vampire :sunglasses:
    ff0kMoY.png

perhaps i shall create my cat too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes
    Edit: so how do I get my original comment back if I had to edit but messed up??!

Nevermind. Can’t be done. πŸ˜’ All I was saying in my usual roundabout roundabout way is that I don’t play as my simself. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I think we all got that I just thought it was a good joke picture @CAPTAIN_NXR7 B)

Thank you!
    This was a different comment though. No pics, just a load of my nonsense.
    My Inner Simself Love Puppy pics are still alive and well somewhere around these parts. I think. πŸ˜…
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sort of
    My simself, although not perfect, is a fairly good representation of how I look. Although my simself has deeper wrinkles than I actually have, my skin is less vibrant and they were needed to give the impression of my advanced years ;)
    50734910362_b93d1ec48f_h.jpg

Edit to add: Just realized that this is a TS4 thread, but a simself is a simself :p
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I haven't tried
    I wouldn't want to. She might die and I have weird experiences of coincidences in my life. Though I have a bit of preview rather than de javu.
    It came in handy as a librarian. Noticed a book in the morning and someone wanted that subject or the book in the afternoon. creepy.
  • Options
    No
    Mikezumi wrote: Β»
    My simself, although not perfect, is a fairly good representation of how I look. Although my simself has deeper wrinkles than I actually have, my skin is less vibrant and they were needed to give the impression of my advanced years ;)
    50734910362_b93d1ec48f_h.jpg

Edit to add: Just realized that this is a TS4 thread, but a simself is a simself :p

you always make wonderful sims @Mikezumi
  • Options
    simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    Sort of
    Yes, more or less. I'm not that good at making Sims that look like real people. I also don't get the desire so many people seem to have to play myself or the need to be able to make myself exactly. I prefer not to play as my Simself honestly.
  • Options
    No
    I don't really make simselves as I don't find that fun I think the fun of the sims is getting to know your sims
    not being them if I wanted to do that I would play second life or something
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sort of
    Okay, so with today's update, I can now do the right hair. :smiley:

Of course, making a simself, for me, is just an exercise in working within the limits of CAS. I never actually play with my simself (though I'll sometimes place her in world.)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I haven't tried
    My avatar is totally my sim-self. I just wear a human disguise most of the time. :wink:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Sort of
    She's much closer to the real me than I could get in the previous Sims games, but some features are still way off. I couldn't get the exact face shape, but this is close enough. Her skin colour is fine. Her eyes are a too bright blue. This is the closest I could get, but my eye colour is a darker blue. It's the hair colour that's the most off. This is the closest I could get and it's not the right blonde at all. My hair's a darker blonde with a hint of red.

This is her with her hair down
    4f0c5SW.png

This is her with her hair tied back (so you can see her face better)
    fXJL7vw.png

This is her from a sort of side angle
    bT3h17q.png

At least I can get the style of Gym clothes I usually wear
    qjlUUAz.png

And this is my actual hair colour.
    kmkQDox.jpg
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sort of
    Onverser wrote: Β»
    I've noticed that some peoples features work perfectly with the sims and you can make a spot on sim recreation really easily, but for other people it just doesn't work. For me personally I've tried to make a simself a billion times, but there's never been even the vaguest resemblance, so I wanted to make a poll to see - have you been able to make an accurate simself?

Interesting post, now do you mean with or without the help of CC? I feel like with CC it might make it easier in terms of realism. Now creating without mods, can yes be harder.. but not impossible, I've seen beautiful EA/Sims creations that rival mods.
    Post edited by AvatarBoy on