Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Situational Outfits Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Never take them away from me!
    I don't mind them, but I do wish Sims would automatically change back into their set clothes when they go home. It would also be nice if I didn't end up with townies walking around in their underwear because they put a vendor t-shirt on.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I still haven't played since most of my legacy save's Sims had their carefully-chosen shirts changed to concert tees. It's just too depressing to go through all that work again, and yet if I go back to a previous save, I won't have any of the souvenirs from a one-time event. Catch-22. Schrödinger's game. If I never play it, I both keep my souvenirs and don't have my shirts changed, right?
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Just one more reason why this game is less rotation friendly.
    I really dislike the game dressing my sims up in outfits that are out of character for them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I've seen this, not just with my own sims on rotation, but with NPC sims as well. They'll be in one outfit, then change into another one, then another in the span of a single sim hour. Oddly (or by design) the only sims not affected but situational outfits or the weird changing bug are the Sages. :-/

I recently read this in the "hidden traits" thread,
    there is a hidden trait to avoid this clothes-changing for the magic realm, which can be added to any sim through a cheat but only works if the sim hasnt set foot in the realm yet. Unfortunately I found out too late for my spellcasters :(
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't mind them but I would like to be able to edit them especially when they turn up all dorky looking. ;)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I want a costume category. I want to be able to pick the halloween outfits my sims show up in, and the outfits they show up in during the festival with cos play and such, I play rotationally so would like to see them in costumes I want them to wear. I don’t use mods or CC.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

"Other"
    I can't really vote on this. Much of the time it does irritate me, however sometimes it's really fun! Like at Geek-Con, many Sims dressing up in costumes and stuff. Or the "Knights night" at the bar and all sorts on Sims, many of my other played Sims, come in as NPC's in knight armour costumes, lol! :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited September 2021
    I want them GONE!
    The absolute BANE of my existence.
    I'm playing (mythological) ANCIENT GREECE and I spend so much effort and time creating my sims and picking out their clothes and accessories. I play with a LOT of CC and of course, the game uses that CC and gives it to whomever it feels like, for "situations". It's never just a festival t-shirt or anything. It's just random.
    EXCUSE ME RANDOM SIM, BUT WHY ARE YOU HOLDING POSEIDON'S TRIDENT?
    MA'AM WHO ALLOWED YOU TO TAKE THANATOS' SCYTH?

And then the greek gods who change out of the gowns and robes I give them and are forced to wear modern clothes set on random. They are SCARED of the future. They have no taste.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I'm playing (mythological) ANCIENT GREECE and I spend so much effort and time creating my sims and picking out their clothes and accessories. I play with a LOT of CC and of course, the game uses that CC and gives it to whomever it feels like, for "situations". It's never just a festival t-shirt or anything. It's just random.

And then the greek gods who change out of the gowns and robes I give them and are forced to wear modern clothes set on random. They are SCARED of the future. They have no taste.

You can use Sims 4 Studio to fix the issue of CC showing up on random Townes.
    https://sims4studio.com/thread/1659/batch-fix-show-random-sims
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I dislike all instances of situational outfits that aren't costumes. It's ridiculous to see sims I made in clothes I didn't put them in, especially when there doesn't seem to be a reason for them to have a situational outfit anyway, like when they go on a jog.
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Alright. This is fair. Too many CC clothing is tagged as situational (and other stuff) when it shouldn't be. There are excellent CC clothing, however I have had to go in and change the tags on many. Also the random. I'm very careful how I tag my own CC stuff now. Also many CC I download I try to go through all of it in Sims4studio to see how it's tagged. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Never take them away from me!
    CK213 wrote: »
    Just one more reason why this game is less rotation friendly.
    I really dislike the game dressing my sims up in outfits that are out of character for them.

This is the one thing that really bugs me. Still holding out hope that one day this will be removed.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I want them GONE!

Oh! Now before I go and download this... is there a way to disallow only certain CC items? I'm okay with my townies wearing the CC I put in the game, just not the "special" CC I need for specific sims. AND is there a way to disallow base game clothes to appear? That's a big issue I'm running into with my immersion. Lots of "modern" sims walking through the ancient temples...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2021
    I want them GONE!

Oh! Now before I go and download this... is there a way to disallow only certain CC items? I'm okay with my townies wearing the CC I put in the game, just not the "special" CC I need for specific sims. AND is there a way to disallow base game clothes to appear? That's a big issue I'm running into with my immersion. Lots of "modern" sims walking through the ancient temples...
    Once you have Sims 4 Studio installed, go into your mods folder and find the CC items you want to change. Right-click and Open with > S4Studio Under the color swatches click on the Categories tab. Scroll to the bottom to find Allow For Random (uncheck the tag), Apply To All Swatches, Save. Now that piece of CC clothing won't appear on random townies. :warning: You'll notice all package files will show a little S4S icon now but this is only because it's the program you last used to open them. It does not prevent them from working. If you ever uninstall Sims 4 Studios then the package file icons should go back to normal.

Depending on how much CC you have and how it's organized, you can pull anything you don't want to be changed out of the mods folder to run the batch fix (linked previously) and once the batch fix is applied, put all of it back into the mods folder. Just kinda depends on how much CC you're working with if you want to do it manually like I described or follow the link for the batch fix. Any defaults you have should be kept allow for random because that's how defaults work so make sure they aren't batch fixed if you go that route.

I'm personally not aware of how to hide base game clothes. sorry :# If I had to guess, that would mean making default replacements for the EA stuff you want to hide. A quick Google search brought this page up which seems to have done just that but it may be a bit out of date. I didn't look very much into it: https://starbearysims.tumblr.com/post/187022800433/base-game-cas-hide-disable-for-random-this-is

Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I want them gone. Maxis could definitely flip the switch off for this mess. I don't think that situation outfits were ever needed for much except for the cos-players at Geek-Con. They were never needed for newly generated Vampires or poser Vampires. I remember seeing a newly generated young adult male Vampire walking around at night in an outfit consisting of a spa towel, weird jewelry, spa leggings, and tennis shoes. A lot of adult male Vampires were dressed in the Jimi Hendrix style jacket. Now everyone is sporting either a turban or a hijab.

I think the game needs a refresh on how it dresses townies in general. There should be no accessories of any kind because the game only seems to be capable of being programmed to do all or nothing. That includes jewelry, glasses, hats, gloves, and socks. I'm seeing a lot of elder male and female townies generated with Base Game eyeliner and lipstick. Why is this stuff on the males? Did someone at Maxis think that was cute? It's not.

The premade outfits are awful. Either let us make out own or hire someone that does a better job.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I wouldn't be bothered if they just affected townies that I don't play. But when they end up on all of my rotational households at random, I just want to dropkick the screen. :D It makes me a little crazy.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

@SimplyJen There are many excellent creators out there. Excellent CC, way beyond my skill will ever be.
    It does irritate me though that people don't tag things right. Having something as random on, all categories on, gets annoying. I've had to go in and turn off random on a few dozen costumes I dl'ed the other day. Took me hours. Though I did so in and turned off alot of the categories too since everything was tagged "on". So that it wouldn't show up on every category in CAS when I'm working on a Sim. No. I don't want to see a bikini in "cold weather" category. No. I don't want to see a robocop costume in "swimwear". :D

If the CC creations weren't so excellent, I would have deleted the whole lot. However, no hard feelings. I appreciate the time and creativity put into making these. :smiley:

(Fufu pants stays though! ;) ) :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I kind of like them. I like sims wearing something different for the festivals and such (I don't like them doing it for the magic realm, though), but it would be nice to be able to choose whether I want my sim to do that and maybe be able to edit the situational outfits. Sometimes the combinations are bad and they definitely shouldn't keep wearing the outfits when the event has ended.
  • Options
    sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    I am a lucky PC player using a mod to disable them.
    I don't think a simulation game should force anything on the player. Unfortunately, 4 is notorious for that so playing without mods is a no no.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like to assign NPCs to roles just so that I could cut down on Vlad as the vendor everywhere, etc. I tend to ignore it but I'd like that better. I can go either way on situational outfits but I'd rather be able to insert a random sim of my choice as the bartender or food stall attendant. Some people might want to create an interaction through those assignments such as an attractive sim working at the bar or a sim's enemy or friend. I'd see that option as an improvement and those who don't care could leave the assignment as random.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It makes sense to have them. I mean how weird would it be to see a Sim in a T-shirt in the middle of winter?

For other situations it doesn't. Like, making a Sim that's supposed to look like they only own the clothes on them at the moment during some rags to riches thing.
  • Options
    AC_44AC_44 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am a lucky PC player using a mod to disable them.
    I do like situational outfits like raincoats (though I do use a mod to reinforce this, I don't really remember how consistent it is in vanilla gameplay 😅). Some costumes at GeekCon or *temporary* festival t-shirts are also okay, imo - situations when the outfits make a lot of sense. Most of the random npc and occult situational outfits - especially walkby outfits - drive me crazy though.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I want them GONE!
    It makes sense to have them. I mean how weird would it be to see a Sim in a T-shirt in the middle of winter?

but see, those are weather outfits that can actually be set in CAS, you cant set outfits for the magic realm, festivals/the fair or costumes in CAS, if we could do that I wouldnt have a problem with them (cause what NPCs wear doesnt interest me personally).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SuzieAdvieSuzieAdvie Posts: 8 New Member
    Is this what is happening to my townies?! I couldn't figure it out! My NPCs will show up wearing nothing but their underwear or sometimes trousers, with no tops. It tends to happen to those who are vendors or have a work uniform such as a Lab employee, The lab coat is gone when they leave work, but so is the top they had on before the game switched them over to their work uniform. I keep having them turn up all over downtown areas sans clothes! It's annoying! How many women in nothing but trousers and a bra are walking around the market? In Sims4 it's a daily occurrence. I suppose I ought to be pleased they at least have on some slacks.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I spend hours in this game predesigning outfits for my sims, based on the character I gave them, their preferences and their status in my game. Baroness of Gloom was recently joining a group of friends to one of the festivals, and she showed up wearing a short dress that she would (and should) never been seen in in public. It totally breaks down the characters I build for my sims. And this far I see no point at all having the situational outfits - why do we have them at all? Why can't EA allow us to dress up our sims the way we want?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg