Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Situational Outfits Yay or Nay?

Personally I hate situational outfits, I spend hours customizing each of my sims outfits to fit their personal style, just to see a cold hearted, black souled vampire walk arround in a pink shirt during the romance festival (which I didnt even send him too...but different problem) and why do even my spellcasters change their clothes when going to the magic realm? Whyyy?
Who ever thought this was a good idea?

But hey, maybe I am the minority, what do you think about situational outfits?
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Situational Outfits Yay or Nay? 143 votes

I want them GONE!
64%
crocobauraauroraael14CK213Kita5399Icewolfalexspoom13Simmervillejonilla1SleepycatDSLIsb917babajayneelanorbretonmaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010Paigeisin5barracuda1574sekojranaldmarkoMiaSkywalker 92 votes
Never take them away from me!
4%
lisamwittTheSpotted_Chaneul100LilDreamsHearts4uRouensimsmightysprite 7 votes
I dont really care either way.
14%
GoldmoldarMstybl95rudolphaJueJuePlayerSinger2010AuroraBoreallisZorgaCaitxcatfreindlylolcchant86MindofyDarkLady2788greydonnmusteniDeeTsimsDaWaterRatKimmerEnnaelACruelButLovingGodZoeyevester 21 votes
I am a lucky PC player using a mod to disable them.
13%
Oolonglongaelias24AC_44TorieFLaurieLoriTSpFreechheitMDianaSimsRedShoe7HopeyStarrChicklet453681NorthDakotaGamerSeashoreLiviaAngeliqueAdelaideEllupelluelluNightlyCoffeeFatTribble23caconionssourapfel 19 votes
What are situational outfits?
2%
mcruddlukeahaCaprianaBLynnPlayz1 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    But, please do take them away after the situation ends. I'm looking at you, Glass Animals t-shirts. I'm still looking at you...
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I care when it is the household I am playing. Sometimes the career clothes end up ugly and I cannot change it in any proper sense, which seems kind of counterintuitive if I can set pretty much anything else for my played household. If I could actually pick some of the situational outfits, I would like them even better.

But yeah, want to wear something hideous at a festival, Sim 3821? Knock yourself out. Just be sure to change back afterwards. No matter how much you like that stupid hat all things must be had in moderation.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited August 2021
    Like so many features in this game, the idea is not all that bad, but the execution is horrendously flawed.
    If we just had, you know, settings for this, we could customise what will be worn in which situation.
    But no, we can't even choose if we want situational outfits. Let alone decide what they look like. And some situational outfits just don't make sense at all. If spellcasters have a different dress code in the realm, then why not give them the dual appearance like aliens and vampires? And I never got the point of the fake vampire situation to begin with, it does absolutely nothing but dress normal sims in weird outfits.
    Thankfully there are mods, even if I haven't modded out all situational outfits, not all of them bother me to the same extent.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2021
    I want them GONE!
    Yeah I also hate that i give my sims many outfits and they use none in favor of fashion disasters

I don't really mind with some festivals but when it seems they always wearing weird stuff I didn't dress them in... yeah thats annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Anyone mind linking the mod to turn this feature off? o:) Or is it a setting I can find through MCC?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I do use mods that help alleviate things a bit, but I shouldn't even have to.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I dont really care either way.
    I'm not bothered by them. My Sims always use boring clothes, so I actually like seeing other Sims wearing the most ridiculous outfits.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I want them GONE!
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Anyone mind linking the mod to turn this feature off? o:) Or is it a setting I can find through MCC?
    Mod: Bienchen's "Situational Outfits Be Gone"
    MCCC Settings:
    • Computer > MCCC > MC Dresser > "Situation Use Standard" (The game uses a pre-existing outfit in the respective category).
    • Computer > MCCC > MC Dresser > "Replace Situation Outfits" (Personally select an outfit category to use per situation).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Really want them gone, nothing irks me more than seeing Spellcasters I make to populate the Magic Realm, walking around in random outfits, despite the fact I make their spellcaster outfits specifically for the Magic Realm. The same goes with vampires and merfolk, it's just so...irritating.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
    I want them GONE!
    I like to go into CAS and customize all my sims outfits, seeing them wearing an awful combination of random clothes just because Maxis thought it would look good during a specific situation is draining the fun out of this game.

Because Maxis never goes back and cleans up these outfits the result is just a mess, sims wearing ski glasses as "rain outfits", sims walking around in awful outfits pretending to be fake vampires, bath towels showing up during Halloween, sims wearing high heels with their costumes, spellcasters looking nothing like spellcasters in the magic realm...

It's just a bad system that is very poorly implemented. You can't just click "random" and think it will turn out good. In almost every situation those sims would have looked fine just wearing their everyday outfits or their formal or party outfits.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited August 2021
    I want them GONE!
    I dislike situational outfits because I have no control over them.
    There are a few situations where they are useful, for example for selvadorada locals or batuu residents. But why do my played sims have to walk around in horrible random clothing in the magic realm to the point where it feels my sims loose the personality I gave them?

Thankfully there are mods but it would have been nice if we could disable them or select the outfit ourselves.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Plus the eyeball ring.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    What are situational outfits?
    But, please do take them away after the situation ends. I'm looking at you, Glass Animals t-shirts. I'm still looking at you...

Ohh that's what situational outfits are 😅
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    it would have been nice if we could disable them or select the outfit ourselves.

exactly.
    Wouldn't hate situational outfits if it was optional and changeable.

just like many things in this game... lack of customization and toggles kills all the fun and makes things frustrating and annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Ooof, glad I am not the only one who dislikes them..
    wish there was a toggle to at least turn them off for our own households, I dont care what NPCs are wearing but MY sims have their outfits for a reason!
    Also, why do they have to change into CoL clothes for the finchwick fair? just stupid..
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I'm using mods to get rid of all situation outfits possible... because I HATE them with a burning passion! Who thought random situational outfits were a good idea?

I would love to see situational outfits completely removed from the game.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hit the wrong button. Meant to select that I want them gone.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I’m not sure if the magic realm is a bug or what.. but I recently revisited the realm with a new spellcaster sim I made, and my old spellcaster sims all turned up in not only messed up outfits, but made 2/3 changes over the course of my visit. Of course not one outfit was one I had given them.. So annoying.

Honestly do the developers even play the sims 4, some of the bugs are so jarring.. not to mention the amount of critical bugs that ship with brand new content 🙄

I try my best to defend this game but they don’t make it easy lol
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I kind of alternate between "I don't care" and "I want them gone". I think I agree with @MDianaSims that they are a nice idea executed badly. I hope I could at least be able to opt certain sims out of the system. Because it's with certain sims that the system gets really annoying and immersion breaking whereas with some other sims I don't mind it at all.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    I want them GONE!
    I don't think I have ever hated anything more than situational outfits in a sims game ever.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Why are these a thing? They rarely look good, and are usually some horrific mishmash of clashing colors and/or patterns.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I want them GONE!
    Situational outfits really scream "I'm having an emotional breakdown, please don't bother me". :D

No idea why they thought throwing random mismatched clothing together was a good idea.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I want them GONE!
    I use a mod that eliminates 90% of the problems with those outfits, but I wish I wasn't forced to use a mod at all. Same goes for those silly meaningless autonomous actions my Sims would do every few minutes if I played a mod-free game. And don't forget about some of the party and formal outfits those townies come up with. :#
  • Options
    I want them GONE!
    I'm using mods to get rid of all situation outfits possible... because I HATE them with a burning passion! Who thought random situational outfits were a good idea?

I would love to see situational outfits completely removed from the game.

It was probably done to save time or make NPC's look like they wear different clothes while at events, though it seems like the team didn't stop to think about how random the outfits would become or how stupid they'd look.
    It's another example of looks good on paper, but poor execution.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I want them GONE!
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I’m not sure if the magic realm is a bug or what.. but I recently revisited the realm with a new spellcaster sim I made, and my old spellcaster sims all turned up in not only messed up outfits, but made 2/3 changes over the course of my visit. Of course not one outfit was one I had given them.. So annoying.

Honestly do the developers even play the sims 4, some of the bugs are so jarring.. not to mention the amount of critical bugs that ship with brand new content 🙄

I try my best to defend this game but they don’t make it easy lol

I've seen this, not just with my own sims on rotation, but with NPC sims as well. They'll be in one outfit, then change into another one, then another in the span of a single sim hour. Oddly (or by design) the only sims not affected but situational outfits or the weird changing bug are the Sages. :-/

As for the devs, I don't think lockdowns and working from home hasn't been helping the QA testing for the game. :-/