Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Type of Sims 4 Simmer Are You?

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    GamePlay
    I build when I have to. CAS takes more of my time than building only because I don't want all my Sims to look, or act the same. But I'm all about the game play and what activities my Sims take part in. I usually find a house on the Gallery that looks different on the outside and is close to the type of home I want for my main Sims. Then I remodel the interior to my liking. A total renovation where I delete all the interior walls and create the rooms I want and place them where they suit me.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    A Mix
    A mix of the three, but I'd say mostly gameplay and builds. I sometimes build just for the fun of it, even if they won't be incorporated into my game. When I go into CAS, it's almost always for the game, and the only ones I really fuss over in CAS are the main sims I'm planning to play. Although sometimes I like to see in advance how two sims' potential kids will look like, and it's almost always discouraging. 😆
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    A Mix
    It's a mix of the three for me. It all depends on what I feel like doing when I open my game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    A Mix
    At the moment I've gone more into storytelling rather than gameplay, so I'm often between making sims look townie-esque in CAS or building things that all have the exact same roof and colour scheme.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    A Mix
    I love creating my own Sim characters and I love building their homes, too. I also very much enjoy playing them in their own custom lots. I love it all!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    A Mix
    Mostly gameplay, but I spend a lot of time in bb and cas preparing for gameplay or adding to it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    GamePlay
    I'm definitely about actually playing out the stories that take shape in my head and get reinforced by the game.

Although I have been known to go on a pretty massive binge of editing townies in CAS to make them look better. Every time one of my sims goes to college, it's like they spawn in a whole new bunch of uglies.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    A Mix
    Mix, mostly gameplay and building - which are about even - with CAS being fun, but not something I enjoy spending a lot of time in. That I can't save in there probably contributes to that.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    GamePlay
    Gameplay is the most important thing to me.
  • Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    GamePlay
    Gameplay is my thing, I play with walls down so what the house looks like doesn’t really matter, only what effect it has on my sims’ moods. CAS is used as each sim ages up just to make sure they haven’t made ridiculous clothing choices but I spend as little time there as possible.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    A Mix
    Making sims, building stuff, telling stories, and taking screenshots are all play as far as I'm concerned. All of these things are fun for me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    GamePlay
    Whenever I didn't know how to play, I'd spend my entire time in CAS. Now I just do the bare minimum in there. Unless i Have a good story, I don't stick around
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited September 2021
    Build/Buy
    I’d love to be more of a game player, but I always spend too much time in build/buy, lol.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Create-A-Sim
    CAS, all the way. It's like the only thing I do. I want to get back into gameplay, though.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited September 2021
    A Mix
    I voted for "mix," but it's more of an aspiration than a current reality. I'm still new-ish to The Sims 4. I've spent the vast majority of my time in gameplay, using CAS mainly to turn some wacky townies into somewhat less outlandish characters. I can't resist leaving a few "outliers" in the game, because it's fun to see them turn up sometimes. I've also had fun creating characters, some of whom I feature as my "lead actor" before I put them into my Gallery for use as "supporting actors" in other saves.

I'm fascinated by Build mode, seeing the designs the creative builders post to the Gallery and using them in my own saves. I want to spend some time working on my building skills, so I can create some of my own visions. I think I'll turn out to be better at architecture than interior design.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A Mix
    Mostly, Live Mode game-play, with other elements in support of that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A Mix
    I use to think I was just a gameplay player and never considered myself a builder but recently I realized I do all three of these things equally.
    I spend a LOT of time in CAS. And I just enjoy the doll dress up feeling of it lol

Although building is my least favorite i'm always building because I can't find exactly what I want in the gallery. And my stories need the perfect locations.
    Been working on a mall little by little for 3 days. And then I do enjoy playing in what I made 🙃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    A Mix
    I create a lot of Sims and pets but I also like to play the game. I've dabbled in building but I mostly decorate or make adjustments and add-ons to things I download from the gallery.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    A Mix
    It takes me hours to make a family because of the level of detail in making each individual sim. Similarly it takes days to make a house for the same reason. Because of that, I tend to spend like 3/4 of my time in either CAS or build/buy.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    A Mix
    Definitely a mix of Buy/Build and Gameplay.
    Or at least I would be if I could get the builds I have been working on / re-doing finished up.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    GamePlay
    Gameplay all the way. I do build a little and make over my sims in CAS, but it’s only to prepare the setting for the story I want to tell.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    A Mix
    I would say gameplay mostly.

But since the last few packs I have been spending more time building, sometimes making my own, sometimes downloading stuff and changing it around, sometimes adding Eco features. I also go in and change sims occasionally, sometimes I go in and edit townies or delete them and make my own too.

Also gameplay has been frustrating me lately because of the gardening bug that turns my plants to dirt piles. It breaks my game. So I have been spending more time in other areas.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    GamePlay
    I build when it is necessary, not a big or good builder for that matter, I do go into create a Sim a lot, but only to change outfits for my current Sims, I don't create new Sims non stop or anything. I love to just play the game in live mode the most.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    A Mix
    I'd say I enjoy all equally. I like building very much, I can't wait to try the new outfit or hairstyle on my sim and of course, game play is very important too. I am unable to choose which one I enjoy the most. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited September 2021
    GamePlay
    I hardly build something of my own. I prefer downloading the awesome builds others have done and if needed editing them to my liking. Also, I hardly create new sims, but I do enjoy giving my sims a new style or clothes at times. So yeah, I think I'm mostly a gameplay person. I get excited when we get new gameplay and I spend most of my time in livemode playing with my sims :smile: