Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July ’21 Cottage Living Patch + Aug '21 patch

Comments

• Options
    nynvieealmerenynvieealmere Posts: 22 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Mod Updates* Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul (SCCO)
    > * Custom Food Interactions (TheFoodGroup) - pack update plus new resources
    > * Cloning Machine Overhaul (MAL22) - reupdated

Awesome thanks Srsly!! You are greatly appreciated I have really missed SCCO it holds everything together so great.
    Thanks to all modders you really do make this game great. We love you all.
  • Options
    wezsy75wezsy75 Posts: 12 New Member
    Not sure where to ask for help but I'm trying to play with cottage living and I definitely have a bug! Every time I click to run an errand on the townsfolk a bright pink dot appears in the center of my screen and halts my gameplay. I do play with mods and cc but have no clue what's making this happen. My mccc is updated, slice of life is updated, and all of my recent cc is newly downloaded. Any suggestions? Also if this is the wrong location for this post, I'll move it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2021
    @wezsy75 You need to test with no mods or CC. See the instructions on page 1 and the link to how to do a 50/50. You'll also find links to support servers on Discord. That's the best place to head to sort out your problem.

CC Updates
    Potter Door (Pepperoni-Puffin)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    Child Vampires (plzsaysike)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Updated Custom Food Interactions still doesn't play nice with nannies, but that is unrelated to the patch.
  • Options
    CC Updates
    Flower Plants (King Zace)
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Mod Updates from Bienchen
    links, plus some new mods, at https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-16-august-2021/:
    • alwaysdeterminebabygender
    • junglebuyoverhaul
    • buymore_phone
    • naturewalkforeveryone
    • stormmoodlettweak
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • morecauldronmeals
    • morehealthyfood
    • morevillagefaircompetitors
    • needylivestocktweak
    • fridge_moresnacks
    • autonomoussharebignews
    • carryumbrellafix
    • situationoutfitsbegone
    • awayactions
    • extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    • gardeningfix
    • invitetofix
    • loveemailtweak
    • noextramoneyonpromotion
    • notraitnotifications
    • offermakeoverforeveryone
    • privacytweak
    • traitoverhaul
    • ungreetedbidgoodbye
    • whimoverhaul

Outdated Mods
    • townieoverhaul (Bienchen) - superseded by townieoverhaul_lessfame

Under the Bienchen updates, I looked a couple times for the Stormmoodlettweak one under Jahreszeiten/Seasons, and it doesn't seem like that one was actually updated recently. Wondering whether it's mistakenly listed, or if it was updated but not uploaded?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Mod Updates from Bienchen
    links, plus some new mods, at https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-16-august-2021/:
    • alwaysdeterminebabygender
    • junglebuyoverhaul
    • buymore_phone
    • naturewalkforeveryone
    • stormmoodlettweak
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • morecauldronmeals
    • morehealthyfood
    • morevillagefaircompetitors
    • needylivestocktweak
    • fridge_moresnacks
    • autonomoussharebignews
    • carryumbrellafix
    • situationoutfitsbegone
    • awayactions
    • extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    • gardeningfix
    • invitetofix
    • loveemailtweak
    • noextramoneyonpromotion
    • notraitnotifications
    • offermakeoverforeveryone
    • privacytweak
    • traitoverhaul
    • ungreetedbidgoodbye
    • whimoverhaul

Outdated Mods
    • townieoverhaul (Bienchen) - superseded by townieoverhaul_lessfame

Under the Bienchen updates, I looked a couple times for the Stormmoodlettweak one under Jahreszeiten/Seasons, and it doesn't seem like that one was actually updated recently. Wondering whether it's mistakenly listed, or if it was updated but not uploaded?

@GirafHuntr it was updated and uploaded, bienchen just likely forgot to change the date.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    New Careers by KiaraSims4
  • Options
    SereniaMSereniaM Posts: 7 New Member
    Just fyi, the "Animated - Water Reed + Pond Animals Effects" by Bakie has the wrong download file attached to it at the MTS site, so it still needs updating.
  • Options
    Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    Does anyone know if Midnitetech's careers are still working?
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Garaya13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Midnitetech's careers are still working?

Per the thread rules, I can't officially say they're WORKING, but the ones I've used since the patch seem fine on my end.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    It would be wonderfull if Babykittyjade would update for Country Living Coolspear Food 8 bites mod that she had adopted. The mod does work but when in game the Rapido food delivery does not work. The delivery man does come with a bag but there is nothing to be done with it except Put in inventory.
  • Options
    BlackholestarsBlackholestars Posts: 11 New Member
    I know it is not a mod exactly, but when I merge my files in Sims 4 studio, a lot of them just aren't showing up in game. I have run batch fixes, I have reset my folders, all the general fixes. Could it be a piece of CC doing it? I have no idea at this point.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I know it is not a mod exactly, but when I merge my files in Sims 4 studio, a lot of them just aren't showing up in game. I have run batch fixes, I have reset my folders, all the general fixes. Could it be a piece of CC doing it? I have no idea at this point.

Have you asked on the S4S forum? I often find that when I have problems with S4S that I find others have already posted answers on there.
  • Options
    BlackholestarsBlackholestars Posts: 11 New Member
    > @KatAnubis said:
    > Have you asked on the S4S forum? I often find that when I have problems with S4S that I find others have already posted answers on there.

yes, waiting on a response :) I am really hoping I can figure it out on my own. Thanks for the response :)
  • Options

I strongly recommend not merging your CC files, by the way. It does nothing to save load times for Sims 4 and complicates things when anything breaks.
  • Options
    *** PATCH DAY ***: Back up your saves, so you have them just in case, but I don't expect many issues, as this is a pre-kit mod.
  • Options
    myomi22myomi22 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I strongly recommend not merging your CC files, by the way. It does nothing to save load times for Sims 4 and complicates things when anything breaks.
    Really?? Is there another place where you've discussed this so I can read about it? I've been merging many of my files to cut load times. I read that it was helpful.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    myomi22 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I strongly recommend not merging your CC files, by the way. It does nothing to save load times for Sims 4 and complicates things when anything breaks.
    Really?? Is there another place where you've discussed this so I can read about it? I've been merging many of my files to cut load times. I read that it was helpful.

One thing is that sometimes you might have replace or updated only a few files in a package. If you had a merged copy of a full cas CC set it would be way more annoying to replace only the hairs for the swatch update, as a quick example.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I unmerge my files. Merging them had no positive effect on load times for me. In addition, you can have one file in a merged file creating a problem and it makes it hard to find!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    nynvieealmerenynvieealmere Posts: 22 Member
    I actually have a unmerged folder outside the Sims folder, that I store my unmerged mods in then the merged file goes in my Mods folder and I run CCleaner to look for dups between both folders so I could resolve that problem.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I actually have a unmerged folder outside the Sims folder, that I store my unmerged mods in then the merged file goes in my Mods folder and I run CCleaner to look for dups between both folders so I could resolve that problem.

That's exactly what I do. Merging mods doesn't "speed things up". It severely reduces clutter when you have a LOT of them. I keep a store of them "unmerged" in another location. If I need to remove a broken CC like bathtubs or something broken because of a game update, I just remove it from the store and re-merge them and delete the original merge. Easy-peasey.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top