Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation Thread 2021 (Patch Up Now)

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited August 2021
    @83bienchen: In my game, townies no longer order anything. They don't even go inside cafes anymore. They congregate on the sidewalks. The barista stands in front of the counter unless my sim orders something. It is the same with any bar. Townies no longer order anything or even go inside unless there is a sitting area. Most of them won't sit at a bar. The bartender just stands there with a drink container in his/her hand. I tried to have my sim order a round of drinks for everyone. But only one drink was made other than my sim's drink, and the townie never drank it. I think this is impacting a lot of games.

Edit: This happens in my game with or without mods. I removed my mods folder, deleted thumbcache, and let the game generate a new resource cfg. It made no difference.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @83bienchen This, as described by @Monet11 happens in my game as well, and I play vanilla. They broke cafes, bars, and restaurants too with the last patch. Sometimes the barista doesn't even show up, townies don't go inside, and nobody orders anything, they just sit and chat. With restaurants the chef's don't go inside and they just wait on the sidewalk outside.
    Monet11 wrote: »
    @83bienchen: In my game, townies no longer order anything. They don't even go inside cafes anymore. They congregate on the sidewalks. The barista stands in front of the counter unless my sim orders something. It is the same with any bar. Townies no longer order anything or even go inside unless there is a sitting area. Most of them won't sit at a bar. The bartender just stands there with a drink container in his/her hand. I tried to have my sim order a round of drinks for everyone. But only one drink was made other than my sim's drink, and the townie never drank it. I think this is impacting a lot of games.

Edit: This happens in my game with or without mods. I removed my mods folder, deleted thumbcache, and let the game generate a new resource cfg. It made no difference.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    @83bienchen This, as described by @Monet11 happens in my game as well, and I play vanilla. They broke cafes, bars, and restaurants too with the last patch. Sometimes the barista doesn't even show up, townies don't go inside, and nobody orders anything, they just sit and chat. With restaurants the chef's don't go inside and they just wait on the sidewalk outside.

I too play vanilla, but restaurants and bars are working fine in my game. I wonder why it affects some players but not all. It's really frustrating.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Devs are being forced to work on packs - even Kits now, though nobody asked for Kits - and not given any time to fix bugs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The cafe bug sounds weirdly like what real life is like now…
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I have a theory that the reason for the glitchy teleportation is because they’re working on spiral staircases. I’m pretty sure it happened when they released configurable stairs too.

Could be. Also, SimGuruJessica has a rather new thing for coffee, hope that means they're updating cafes, cause they broke them with the last patch.

They broke chefs with dine out too, maybe they are updating restaurants too.

I think you are right with your theory about spiral staircases Gracie, the tower which have them in HoB are located pretty far from Finchwick and it feels odd that they would bother to add those stairs there, especially since the second tower right next to it is empty.
  • Options
    I noticed the Finchwick spiral stairs too! I even took a screenshot of it because I found it really odd. It's in such a oddly specific area - like you have to really look for it. They could've made those towers completely empty so why go to the effort of adding those unnecessary polygons in an area you can't go to or see from the normal playing area?

Strange.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I noticed the Finchwick spiral stairs too! I even took a screenshot of it because I found it really odd. It's in such a oddly specific area - like you have to really look for it. They could've made those towers completely empty so why go to the effort of adding those unnecessary polygons in an area you can't go to or see from the normal playing area?

Strange.

They added a mini cooper car in cottage living just because it's a nice decor. Could be the same with he stairs.
  • Options
    I’d rather have cars NGL
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    I'm sure people have seen the spiral staircases in Henford-on-Bagley. I can only speculate whether we'll get them or not and if we do, when it might be patched in.

Plumbella did a video on it too if anyone's interested. She shows a bit about stairs from the Sims 2 and 3. Also worth noting, she couldn't find the spiral staircase in debug...

Video: https://youtu.be/m7Cl7Ub6owE
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    The cafe bug sounds weirdly like what real life is like now…

This made me laugh. Although I probably shouldn't have. Because it is sad at the same time.

Perhaps they are updating some of the coding, and it has something to do with the pack refreshes that are coming. But I say that as someone with zero coding experience. I hope the August patch will address the cafe/bar/restaurant issues.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    I wonder what took them so long to fix a few more of the worst bugs that came with Cottage living - at least the one that makes saves unplayable. Yet another weekend is there with people that play Vanilla not being able to touch their beloved saves so that they don't break beyond repair.

They didn't eve publish this month's laundry list yet, did they?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Has this been reported to AMQ?
  • Options

Has this been reported to AMQ?

Yes.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-never-order-things-at-bar-food-stalls-cafes/m-p/10527384#M190430
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I wonder what took them so long to fix a few more of the worst bugs that came with Cottage living - at least the one that makes saves unplayable. Yet another weekend is there with people that play Vanilla not being able to touch their beloved saves so that they don't break beyond repair.

This why I haven't updated to the latest patch.
    I wanted to buy Cottage Living, but reading about all these bugs has scared me off.

Hopefully they will concentrate on bug fixes with the next patch.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
    Maxis also appeared to have updated a lot of animations with the latest patch, sims are now looking in different directions when they are doing things like eating or using a computer, I wonder if this will be part of some update later or if this was just a hidden thing that they added. They have not mentioned it in any posts from what I have seen.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    As the next kit I want a cottage bathroom. They forgot this in the EP.

That's acceptable to you? To me, that would be an awful precedent. I would love a cottage bathroom, don't get me wrong, but I hate the idea of them "forgetting" to add content to later sell for an additional amount. They tried that with MFPS, taking content out and selling it later, and it was just as obnoxious then. And yeah, I know they said they didn't do that, but they split matched furniture sets :/
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    If we're getting an August Patch this week would be when it should release cause with the 7th Annivesary of the Sims 4 in the first week of September I think we'll get the September Patch then.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The August patch supposedly drops on August 24, which is weird since we don’t have the laundry list yet (they’ve been posting those two weeks before the patch). It also means we likely won’t get a September patch until later in September (so no anniversary update?).

August 24 is also Tuesday, so probably no kits in August either. It’s really pathetic that they went on three months without releasing a single kit.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Indeed I have been playing TS3 in the recent two weeks because I can't enjoy CoL with completely broken routing (try to play the game with toddler twins and a big house with stairs ...).