Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I build a barn for my cow, then an invisible animal shed LOL

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Just incase I quickly tested the whole cleaning thing and it works perfectly as did topping up the feed ;)
    option to clean
    BEi5dd4.png

cleaning away
    HoFMqRr.png

nice and clean
    keg7GoD.png

Ok now to drag myself away from this build and do a little of my baby challenge for today LOL.
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    It looks like you'll be able to find the sheds when they're dirty, just from the stink cloud.
    I highly approve of your fox's name, btw.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    It looks like you'll be able to find the sheds when they're dirty, just from the stink cloud.
    I highly approve of your fox's name, btw.

Hehehe yeah it was his name allready, but I like it too. Yeah they do make a green stink cloud
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I found another little problem, when I wanted to place more animal sheds. There is a shadow, we just did not notice it with my small versions, but I am onto it, just found a tutorial on how to remove them here https://sims4studio.com/thread/4577/solved-removing-shadow-lods
    big shed
    0yLxgWe.png

Little shed
    P1LwoD6.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Invisible Animal Sheds, that's just way too brilliant. ;) I'm going to have to try that. Way too cool. B)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hmm good idea I might try it, I have a barn with 15 enclosures I was wondering how am I going to pull this off. Perhaps resizing it would work.

I wonder if I just grab a cow in debug mode if it’ll be animated or just like a really convincing cow statue.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Just a quick pop in, I am getting there, the tutorial I am following is giving me guidelines because the actual package is different, but the shadow is becoming less and less. This is the shadow of the full size animal shed LOL

eTbQlNc.png

I make little changes at a time
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Amazing!! This is such good news. Thank you for taking the time to show your progress so we have a better understanding of how to do this. I had a feeling someone in our great modding community would find a way, and you're the winner. Love your mods, btw. I can't wait to see what you create next! <3
  • Options
    Ugh this is so frustrating. So I finally got rid of the shadow.
    jcB2YBR.png

BUT now the game hangs when I save to exit and hangs when I load it up
    uqnHAXl.png

Back to the drawing board again. Sorry guys <3
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Thanks so much! Even just the tips for shrinking it down had already been so helpful! Hope you can get your mod sorted out soon! :smile:
  • Options
    Ok phew I am starting to win, front shadow is a small shed back bigger shadow is a big shed, able to save and load game. Now just to find that one wee little shadow LOL

Kb9Wa74.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Amazing!! This is such good news. Thank you for taking the time to show your progress so we have a better understanding of how to do this. I had a feeling someone in our great modding community would find a way, and you're the winner. Love your mods, btw. I can't wait to see what you create next! <3

Aww its a huge pleasure, I will play around some more and hopefully have it ready correctly LOL
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Thanks so much! Even just the tips for shrinking it down had already been so helpful! Hope you can get your mod sorted out soon! :smile:

aww its a pleasure, lets hope I can get rid of that last little shadow hahahaha
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Holy Macaroni guys I DID IT !!!!!!!

It working perfectly now. You just have to remember where you put it LOL. If you click in it in buy mode when shifting it then your shadow is there, but in live mode its gone. You can clean the shed, and your cow can go to sleep and then disappears until you call them out or until they walk out by themselves :D

Photo proof <3
    Not a shadow in sight ;)

vouGp96.png
    f1VBDZc.png
    4uvxE6w.png

For those who would like it, you can find it on my mediafire <3
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6ce6pfifxbpud/completely+invisible+animal+shed.package/file
    happy simming and thanks for sticking by me <3
  • Options
    I will be deleting all my other versions from mediafire now. The one I gave above is working perfectly, I have saved and exited and gone into my game several times, interacted with the cow and no issues <3
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Oh my gosh I did not realize how many of you downloaded my previous versions until I opened my mediafire, please make sure to download the correct working one now. <3

ps. Do you guys think I should make a separate thread in the packs discussion to share the invisible shed or is this one good enough?
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Plan B :)

ZgK7HnJ.png

So I got this barn from debug. It looks nice and old. I filtered via packs and had only cottage living
    oEOloCX.png

Then I upsized this pet door
    rxM9a8i.png

Because a little of the animal shed is sticking out by the barn its easy to click, I cheated the shed dirty and my sim walked right through the barn to go and clean it :D I will look at more debug items for other packs and see what I can find, but I like this very much :)

Oh I love it! It's so simple and it will fit perfectly in my traditional Russian build.

Invisible version is great too! Also I've found this mod that may help: https://sims4studio.com/post/164591 it removes routing restrictions for the shed.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Oh I love it! It's so simple and it will fit perfectly in my traditional Russian build.

Invisible version is great too! Also I've found this mod that may help: https://sims4studio.com/post/164591 it removes routing restrictions for the shed.

Thank you for that <3
    Its compatible with my invisible barn (does bring back the dreaded small shadow, but if you use it indoors its not an issue) and now you can place it anywhere, I had no routing issues outside in the open but when you try to place it in a small size barn then I could not call the cows, now I can ;) I highly recommend others use this too :)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    If you want to put your cow in a barn that is small then I recommend using this mod https://sims4studio.com/post/164591 with my invisible animal shed. It removes any routing issues ;) Thank you very much to @somewhsome who told me about it. Tested it and works perfectly

XDUdD71.png
    nuYi1k1.png

ps. also easier to keep track of where you place the invisible animal shed LOL

pps. If you use only my invisible animal shed then the shadow is gone, but with the mod its back sorry folks, although if you use the mod to have it all indoors then the shadow is not an issue ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If it's possible to choose which of the texture to keep, you could keep the little hay bale at the end of the shed, that way you could see where it is - or you could keep just the doorway, that would work too.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021
    Omg omg I just found this thread after fighting to make my sheds look decent for the longest. Thankyou so much!!!
    It was nice to scroll through ur adventures lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @mcrudd: awesome. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Aine wrote: »
    If it's possible to choose which of the texture to keep, you could keep the little hay bale at the end of the shed, that way you could see where it is - or you could keep just the doorway, that would work too.

You could probably do that. I want to have a field full of cows, so I opted for complete invisibility, once you purchase your animal its easy hovering around them until you get the mousepointer to do actions with the shed. I will place little markers too, like deco or a rock or something LOL
    Omg omg I just found this thread after fighting to make my sheds look decent for the longest. Thankyou so much!!!
    It was nice to scroll through ur adventures lol

Awww I do hope it helps you :)
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @mcrudd: awesome. :)

Thank you <3
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Goodmorning everyone <3 I just want to say that the tuning mod completely changed my invisible package and added the shadows back, so I got rid of it, but if you use it to build barns and indoor things then it should be ok because all it did was bring that one small shadow back that I battled removing all day yesterday LOL.

I also want to add this disclosure:

This invisible animal shed package is for anyone who want it, its not just mine, you can upload it as is or make changes to it and upload it. I don't want any credit. I am not after downloads or recognition, purely did this for myself to get rid of the shed and is sharing it with whomever would like it too. If there is a modder out there that can perfect it and perhaps give us gridlines or something like that, Please feel free to do it <3

Happy simming everyone ;)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(