Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I build a barn for my cow, then an invisible animal shed LOL

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi there simmers <3

I have uploaded the invisible animal shed to Overwolf curseforge :)
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/build-buy/invisible-animal-shed
    It is the second version one where KyriaT made all those amazing little changes to it. I decided on that one since its much easier to use ;)

63ebiu7.png
  • Options
    Invisible animal shed still working after the 31 January 2023 update <3

AVbdj25.png
  • Options
    Invisible animal shed is still working after today's infants update <3
    yxKWDKC.png
  • Options
    The invisible animal shed is still working after today's spring kits update ;)

6oGoQUH.png
  • Options
    The invisible animal shed is still working after today's Grunge book nook update :)

mF5jIr6.png
  • Options
    The invisible animal shed is still working after today's gallery updgrade.

UqOHoOM.png
  • Options
    Hi simmers, the invisible animal shed is still working after today's horse ranch update.
    WWCHkMn.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I installed this through curseforge, but I am unsure how to use it. I do not see an invisible swatch (pink). I was looking to see if there is a different shed or do I need to buy new sheds? I have 3 that were already in use and I bought 3 new ones and none had a pink swatch. I'm also trying to place these off lot using TOOL...don't know if that's possible with this. Thanks
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I installed this through curseforge, but I am unsure how to use it. I do not see an invisible swatch (pink). I was looking to see if there is a different shed or do I need to buy new sheds? I have 3 that were already in use and I bought 3 new ones and none had a pink swatch. I'm also trying to place these off lot using TOOL...don't know if that's possible with this. Thanks

I am not familiar with TOOL, but the invisible animal shed is a separate recolour, so it is not a swatch in the original one. So if you sort by custom content only you should see it then. It looks the same in build mode then it has the pink swatch to change it. I no longer are able to test my cc due to computer issues, but I did check it after the release of Horse Ranch and it was working, please let me know if you come right by filtering by custom content :)
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 I found this old screenshot to show you what it looks like in your buildmode menu :)
    This is when you search by filtering custom content as I described above ;)

hhC1RxL.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Mstybl95 this bothered me so I quickly although I have computer issues downloaded the invisible animal shed from Curse forge (I no longer had it on my computer) and tested it. It still does work as you can see in the screenshots below, I hope you can get it to work for you, please do keep me updated

The shed in buymode
    D9TTTF3.png

The shed when pink swatch is selected.
    7OtQ90G.png

ps. Perhaps make sure that you have custom content enabled in your gameplay options by other ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I got it to work!! I was looking for a recolor on the main item, not a new one. It can be found by searching for animal shed.

Edited to add: I also created a club of "ranch hands" and they're only job is to take care of the animals. They do it autonomously even when they're off lot.

bSzC4NI.jpg
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 Yay so glad you came right :) Oh wow that looks AweSim and so clever to have "ranch hands" take care of all the animals. It looks super cool that your animals are off lot, I never knew that was possible, one day when I get a new computer I will certainly look into it ;) Thanks for sharing <3
  • Options
    Only problem that you can kind of see in my picture is that some cows appear to float slightly and one of their hooves are sunk in the ground because it's not all level. But unless you get right down at ground level, you can't really notice it. And I'm so glad I have a huge ranch like I wanted. The lots are just not big enough.

So far I have tried all the animals off lot and they all work. BUT...huge red flag is that you cannot clean the shed or feed the llamas and cows if you aren't playing the household that owns them. You can have a neighborhood chicken coop off lot and every house in the neighborhood can take care of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @Mstybl95 I could not really notice the floating or sinking into the ground ;) If you don't mind cheats, I used to shift click on the sheds to clean them when I had a huge farm full of cows LOL. You have to click testingcheats true first and then if you shift click on the shed the option to make it clean will appear :) That might help make things a little easier for you. I am so loving the look of your farm, it looks so real. If you want too, there was fake veggie crops in buydebug as well, I think I had to use the bb.showliveeditobjects cheat as well as bb.showhiddenobjects. I will add a pic of them where I used them in the background of my test lot for my buydebug items :)

noYip5R.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    Hi simmers <3 I am back and able to update you guys again, got a new laptop :) I am happy to say that the invisible animal shed is still working after our new Rent expansion and the update we received just before the Rent pack ;)

h2bpAb2.png