Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2021
    SGAShepp wrote: »
    I agree with this in a way. The Sims 4 has this massive visual age gap between ~7 year olds -> ~17 year olds. The issue I have is that for some reason teens in the sims 4 look nearly identical to adults and it's difficult to tell them apart they are exactly the same height! which also makes everything look less diverse. They should have atleast made teens look halfway between children and adults which makes the most sense and the only reason I can see they did that is to cut corners and only have one set of clothing for all teens, young adults, adults AND elders.

I agree, but I have given up on EA doing anything about it.
    I do have the shorter teens mod, while not ideal, I no longer reject TS4 teens on sight now.
    12_20_20_1_48_50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12_20_20_1_50_47_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

When a sim ages to a child, you can guess what they might look like in the future as an adult, but don't have a solid idea, and then, BOOM, they are there with their next birthday. But with my shorter teens, you get a good idea, but not yet complete because they haven't fully matured and you don't get the feeling like you skipped over their entire teen lifestage.

I have a University prep-school that serves as a rotation point for groups of sims taking turns rotating through both University schools.
    My teens attend there and they mix with Young Adults waiting for their next turn at Uni. It adds an extra layer of immersion for me because it's obvious who the upperclassmen are and who are the underclassmen.
    01-03-21_1-25-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-03-21_1-26-17_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    SGAShepp wrote: »
    I agree with this in a way. The Sims 4 has this massive visual age gap between ~7 year olds -> ~17 year olds. The issue I have is that for some reason teens in the sims 4 look nearly identical to adults and it's difficult to tell them apart they are exactly the same height! which also makes everything look less diverse. They should have atleast made teens look halfway between children and adults which makes the most sense and the only reason I can see they did that is to cut corners and only have one set of clothing for all teens, young adults, adults AND elders.

I actually like the clothes for all ages because if it were separate in my opinion we wouldn't have as many especially for the teens like kids for example to me has limited amount of clothes so does toddlers and babies we have to knit their clothing for extra and that's sad. Men also has a limitation which is another story but that's .y opinion on clothing. So I would like Preteens but with a mix of children clothing and adult clothing.