Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

Comments

• BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Maybe the Sims 5 will add the tween stage.

I've seen Sims 5 being mentioned to many times lul
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It took them two years to deliver toddlers so I highly doubt we'll see pre-teens/tweens in this iteration. HOWEVER, I personally think the more life stages the better. I just want to make families that have diverse ages.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    It took them two years to deliver toddlers so I highly doubt we'll see pre-teens/tweens in this iteration. HOWEVER, I personally think the more life stages the better. I just want to make families that have diverse ages.

I have to admit I was kind of thinking that in the beginning of Sims 4 but now I really don't know what to expect the team especially since we got a full blown spa, cafe, and a vet job, also the gender patch also they mentioned it in the survey back in 2015 I'm hopeful about the idea.

I certainly agree.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The game was space marked and even programmed for a toddler age from the beginning - but no other size or age of Sims is in the data files. Keep that in mind.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The game was space marked and even programmed for a toddler age from the beginning - but no other size or age of Sims is in the data files. Keep that in mind.

You really checked for us? Thanks.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You really checked for us? Thanks.

Sims VIP would have mentioned something about preteen data files if EA was ever planning.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member

2 years for toddlers, 20 years for seasons, 200 years for editable ceiling.

The slow pace they do in developing this game, I actually began to think that I would forgive them if they recycle the old animation just to haste things up, for the elevators, for the circular stairs, etc. Remember how disappointing it is to have an elevator that is just a deco item where the sim would magically disappear in front of it. Super bummer.
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Seriously though, why does it take them so long to release real content??

And when I say real content I mean actual game packs and expansion packs—not these stuff packs that they keep releasing.

How many more do they expect to give us before the launch of Sims 5 (if we even get a Sims 5)?

Honestly, I want this era to last a little longer, I really enjoy the Sims 4 asides from the lack of family play.
  • creedlescreedles Posts: 60 Member
    > @dg51829 said:
    > I'd really like boarding school back where you have to impress the headmaster. I'd also love to have different types of school like public, private, online, Montessori, grammar, nursery. It would have been nice to see the child split into child and tween then teen but I'm not sure it is possible. I also don't mind not having toddlers, they were so hard to care for when you had working parents, but if they did I'd love a daycare or something or where you can't control toddlers too. What's the point if I can make a toddler do whatever I want them to.

If they put boarding school, it should be a residential place where, children, preteens and teens go. There would be dorms and you choose which dorm to play as and you control the child who lives in that dorm. The school could be similar to Hogwartz in size and appearance I'd assume, or some sort of giant mansion looking building with a surrounding campus and gardens to explore. NPC staff, teachers and NPC students could populate the area while you control your child or children who live there, 8 kids per dorm, but they can have less if you want.
  • angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    YES!!!! I've been wishing for this for a very long time!!!! I mean I bought TS4 just before it released but then couldn't really get into it untill recently when I bought the Parenthood and Toddler Stuff packs ( well also Get To Work & Outdoor Retreat ) I'm more of a family oriented player so I love anything that adds to the family dynamic. I loved TS3's Generations EP....so a tweens life stage would be great! Or at least make the teens less adult like and shorter!!!
    Angelette Carter
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Tweens would be nice (something like Sims 2 teens)

or at least make our current teens more noticeable

even with parenthood it makes them stand out a tiny bit but I can't tell the difference really which is sad other than that it's just duck face and flex idle animations which get on my nerves
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    Bump! Def supporting this. I don't like the height of the teens so it's only fitting and fair they include pre-teens. They just make a cross breed of a child and teenager.
    I don't know if they are listening when we talk about a school game pack not just a university but if they do get around to making an education which I seriously hope they do I hope they patch in Preteens.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    No. Tweens are overkill. Totally not needed imo. Parents would be about dead by the time the kids were teenagers. This is a bit nitpicky. Besides, you really want to dilute life stages even further when we already are lacking things for teens and kids to do?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    No. Tweens are overkill. Totally not needed imo. Parents would be about dead by the time the kids were teenagers. This is a bit nitpicky. Besides, you really want to dilute life stages even further when we already are lacking things for teens and kids to do?

They would tweak the lifespan to adjust it. Like they did when they added the Toddlers (which i think have too much time as toddlers... 8 days is too much for me).
    I would even say that i want a Middle-Aged Adult too... I have always felt a gap between Adults and Elders. I can see some middle-aged crises, and other stuff about it as well.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    I dont think tweens are necessary at all. Too many life stages means less content. Everything a pre teen can do, teens can do. Its a waste of resources..
    Karon wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »

They would tweak the lifespan to adjust it. Like they did when they added the Toddlers (which i think have too much time as toddlers... 8 days is too much for me).
    I would even say that i want a Middle-Aged Adult too... I have always felt a gap between Adults and Elders. I can see some middle-aged crises, and other stuff about it as well.

I would love Middle aged as well more time to play and add more stories into the game I hope they do that for Sims 5.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love it all! Especially the chef competitions!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I dont think tweens are necessary at all. Too many life stages means less content. Everything a pre teen can do, teens can do. Its a waste of resources..

Absolutely agreed. There's nothing unique that I did as a teen that I didn't do as a teenager besides start my period.
  • SGASheppSGAShepp Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with this in a way. The Sims 4 has this massive visual age gap between ~7 year olds -> ~17 year olds. The issue I have is that for some reason teens in the sims 4 look nearly identical to adults and it's difficult to tell them apart they are exactly the same height! which also makes everything look less diverse. They should have atleast made teens look halfway between children and adults which makes the most sense and the only reason I can see they did that is to cut corners and only have one set of clothing for all teens, young adults, adults AND elders.