Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
update 13 Jan 2017
AFTER 2 YEARS FINALLY !!! toddler is coming. However, Tweens, or the correctly sized teens (hence the pre-teens or tweens idea, Sims Freeplay reference). So PEOPLE! keep supporting this board by leaving comments, spreading the message in the forum, in Youtube, in SimsVIP website, twitter, everywhere! or just plain bumping the thread up. Of course tagging and spamming the gurus :wink:

So here are the updated idea-wish.

I imagine a new EP titled Sims 4 Back to School.

This will introduce 2 new age groups: toddlers and tweens, completing the age group into 8: baby, toddler, child, tween, teen, y adult, adult, and elder.

New interaction specific to tweens and toddlers. Obviously the missing toddlers will have its original animation back such as 'teach to potty'. The tweens will have new sets of animations never seen before in Sims game (throw temper tantrum (emotion going wild/extreme), and ability to play in child playground) and some classic one (return of the 'jumping on sofa and bed' for all adult, kids, teens, and tweens alike and 'gussy up' if the tweens develop acnes - which this time - unlike in Sims2 - causes embarrassed moodlet).

New furnitures for nursing purpose of toddlers obviously (return of the potty) and ability to create a nursing set, crates, diaper changing area, motor-building skills, all the cute stuffs. Also the ceiling fan, which activates new animation for tweens: hanging on the ceiling fan, just like the old Sims 2 trailer

New event, ability to join competition to gain extra performance skill: 'toddlers and tiaras' for the todds, and 'spelling bee' for the tweens

New lots (make use of GTW concept):, schools and ability to create your own school and syllabus! And for the first time, student is an active career:
> Kindergarten for child
> Middle School for tweens
> 3 Type of School for teens depending on the performance of the tween age group in the Middle School: the normal school, somber military school for delinquent teens (return of sims2 obstacle course), or Eton-like prestigious school for the genius (ballet pole, harpsichord).
> Ability to work on school syllabus, modifying set of goals for students to achieve high mark, among them is telescope-ing, microscope-ing, sports, social, all the fun school activities. simmer will spend tons of hour creating their own school.
> Ability to home-school. Call your phone and select home school, and voila, no pesky call from school head master.
> Return of the "invite head master for dinner" (from Sims2). This will open the possibility for scholarship to the Eton-like prestigious school

New profession
> School Education active career, making use of the active career from GTW. Education starts as Assistant, continue to Teacher (with its own teaching set of goals) and finally School Master.
> Students (a profession in its own), sim will allocate time for study, recess, and study again; during which they will be able to listen teacher attentively or chitchat with other students. Exam will occur every semester (similar with University), and cheating is possible. Successful tweens or teens can join a prom, and they are of shorter size than the young adults.

Return of university for the young adult
obviously in separate EP, plus ability for gothic-themed magical university in other EP

What do you think guys? This will solve our itch for the ridiculous transition from the 'too short child' to 'too tall teen' and the request for toddlers. I hope Maxis will consider this and I would be grateful if everybody can bump this thread up so Maxis team will take notice of this :)

To have 4 skeletons/bodyheights (Sims4 - baby, child, adult, elder) instead of 6 skeletons (Sims2 - baby, child, tods, teens, adult, elder) is quiet a setback isn't it? So why not compensate that by having the missing 2 body heights back, which is by adding a new age group Toddlers and Tweens

This is the main point of the EP Tweens and Toddlers. Another point of the EP is to compensate the wait and disappointment - which is the lack of toddlers - which caused (literally) an outrage among the old simsfans. By adding new concept of Toddlers and TWEENS, it means EA Maxis move back a bit to move forward by a MILE, which would mean positive praise from Sims community! I hope EA and Maxis realize the lack of body height should be solved and not just forgotten.

People are outraged about the removal of toddlers, but they also need to realize that the game producers/developers also decided to remove the (proper) teens also!!!!!!! SO don't just be content about the removal of 2 (Sims2) body heights. It's quiet a huge setback.

YEah, perhaps we have to pay for the toddlers, but the additions of tweens and schools make it worth. So I hope EA and Maxis consider this and also help spread the idea.

update 9 Aug 2015
I'm so excited to preteens is in one of the future EP idea; as well as Back to School EP! Now the customized simulation of education system needs to be there as well!

20379963336_76462c7a4e_c.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-08-14-29-30 by SimsVIP, on Flickr
20406205555_5e0a9db367_c.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-08-14-29-44 by SimsVIP, on Flickr

update 8 Jul 2015
a shorter teens and height slider mod has been created by a modder. Impossible?

update 8 Jul 2015
just realized that preteens/tweens (as well as teens and toddlers) has been introduced in FreeTime
. The concept was made by Jessica Brett. Here are some pictures for pre-teens/tweens concept in FreeTime (to compensate the loss of our loveliest teens)

sims_freeplay___school_tween_by_nef_jessb-d5gq698.jpgschool tweens
sims_freeplay___tween_girls_by_nef_jessb-d5f80hb.jpgtween girls
sims_freeplay___tween_boys_by_nef_jessb-d5ft327.jpgtween boys

update 24 Jan 2016
A little reminder for Sims 4 gamedev, they owe us something:
Sims4_zpsevlatxcy.jpg

update 26 Mar 2016
Little update of how important pre-teens are. Thanks to @Lumialover10, what's his username?

tumblr_o4m29kLVEQ1tjrolto3_1280.png
tumblr_o4m29kLVEQ1tjrolto2_1280.png
Post edited by rochelimit on

Comments

• rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I like it. I would really like a generations type pack and this would fit into that too. I loved generations.
    Great hope ppl will keep bumping this up
    This is perfect. This is exactly what we need!!! o:)

EA & Maxis, listen up!! This could really save Sims 4 and stop all the angry protests and riots. :smile:

Listen to this Maxis
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • verascrambleverascramble Posts: 9 New Member
    lol i hope it happens
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I'd really like boarding school back where you have to impress the headmaster. I'd also love to have different types of school like public, private, online, Montessori, grammar, nursery. It would have been nice to see the child split into child and tween then teen but I'm not sure it is possible. I also don't mind not having toddlers, they were so hard to care for when you had working parents, but if they did I'd love a daycare or something or where you can't control toddlers too. What's the point if I can make a toddler do whatever I want them to.
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i would love this and it would make since to do it cause there trying to make it real life with a side of funny and fun to play so the life stages would fit specially when they owe us toddler
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Simsuperhero89Simsuperhero89 Posts: 169 Member
    I love this idea, the sims just seems cold and unrealistic. :D
  • MaddygrifMaddygrif Posts: 6 New Member
    This is an awesome idea!
    I think that Tweens could have really awkward romance interactions!
    I hope a SimGuru somehow responded that they acknowledge the idea. If this idea is approved some how, a lot of Simfans will be glad and the insult will all gone.

YEah, perhaps we have to pay for the toddlers, but the additions of twins and schools make it worthwhile.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sounds really good :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LibertycrystalLibertycrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Yassss! Such a good idea :)
  • MICROWAVESAFTYDISHMICROWAVESAFTYDISH Posts: 311 Member
    How about preteens they good to
    Origin ID: killer6618
    Australian Sims Fan
    Loves Collecting Sims Games
    Just add me on origin

loves collecting and playing sims games
    Add that option to your list and signed
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

I always like all of those options they are nice
    Australian Sims Fan
    Just add me on origin

• tidus1fantidus1fan Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this idea I hope this happens.
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I like the idea of this, id buy it and it sounds really fun too.
  • amywright306amywright306 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Love it because, to be honest, I'm getting bored of the game. You can barely do anything with a baby or child, and teens to elders are not much different at all
  • Jen_CharltonJen_Charlton Posts: 69 Member
    I love all the ideas, I recently suggest a family ep which covered similar things (only thing I hadn't thought of was tween). I have always played with familys growing up through the generations and I'm finding that I get bored quiet quickly with TS4, yes toddlers are hard work but means you have to put more into the game.

I think the idea of different childcare options-

Daycare or nanny for working parents (daycare the child visits & Nanny comes to your home)
    Nursery sessions at school for toddlers (optional) say from 9-12
    playgroup twice a week parent and baby/toddler visit together.

Option for family/friends from a different household to babysit, if father isn't in active household option to stay at dads.

More options with school -

So different schools public, private ect (with option of boarding school).
    Afterschool club
    Teens to select subjects (so a sim looking to go into medicine can pick subjects that earn logic)

More options for young adults (try to cover 18-25 age group)
    go to university (move out of household)
    go to college (similar to school but aimed at a career)
    Go travelling (come back with various new skills)