Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is weird. Post after post, complaint after complaint from people saying it's TOO EASY to earn money in this game and they offer yet ANOTHER way to quickly get some money?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    At least the screenshot in the article shows we can cancel this money cheat pop up. Most of the time I use money cheats is to reduce my sims funds so I have no use for this feature.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I hate these random money giveaways. I once wanted to play a rags to riches story. My sim was fishing and every few minutes she would get a gold bar :s
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I've never seen this in game. Like others I generally cheat down.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I hate them trying to make the game so easy. This game is T for teen, not E for everyone.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    They really do not understand rags to riches slightly fewer rags gameplay, don't they?

"Oh, look, this poor guy's sims are running low on funds, he's failing so hard at such an easy game, let's offer him a crutch so that he won't become frustrated (because frustrated players don't buy dlc)!"

(I do use both cheating money up and down and also freerealestate.)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    Maxis, real talk for a second.

It's fine if the game has any challenge, and it's fine if people don't discover everything when they play. You don't have to add shortcuts, tutorials and help for everything, looking at the way you design your game it feels like you are designing your game for kids who doesn't know how to play the sims.

There are people that want a bit of a challenge and they want to discover things by themselves and play the game for longer amounts of time, Please, stop, making everything so easy and design your packs for people that play your game for longer than a couple of hours.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2021
    Oh boy, the Maxis brain trust thought of another way to dumb the game down even more. Next up, a tutorial on how to press "OK"
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    This is part of their new A/B testing. Only some players will get it (presumably new players). If you're a long time player you probably will never get it. That's why even though this was added months ago, few people have noticed it.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    The motherlode cheat real easy, and once you open up testing cheats you can do multiple motherlodes, and start out as a rich billionaire, which will be very important when I recreate my favorite romance game stories.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    This is part of their new A/B testing. Only some players will get it (presumably new players). If you're a long time player you probably will never get it. That's why even though this was added months ago, few people have noticed it.

I‘m a longtime player and I got it. I think the reason only few people have noticed it is that it‘s so incredibly easy to make money that the popup rarely triggers.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I‘m a longtime player and I got it. I think the reason only few people have noticed it is that it‘s so incredibly easy to make money that the popup rarely triggers.

I have many households struggling to make ends meet and I've never gotten that pop up.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Now I know Sims 4 is getting babyish but this feels like a new level of babyish.. Do they think we're all seven and need babysitting?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2021
    if this is gonna start happening everytime my sims are low on money its going to be really annoying

and by that i mean super annoying

I enjoy it a great deal whenever i manage to have poor sims cause its so freaking easy to be rich in this game and tbh being poor is achievement in itself

now insert this annoying popout thing that will probably pause my game and i will probably just tap wherever to get it off my screen sigh whyyyyyyy

if one wants to cheat they surely know the cheats or care enough to google it

heck actually how about we change it back to Rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;! instead

give those cheaty fingers some exercise
    it was great fun as kid to see how many ;!;!;!;!;! I am willing to type for money
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not going to lambast this solely because I know some of the more casual players can struggle and do not necessarily know about cheats. This pop up does not particularly bother me as it sits, but maybe if this is being implemented they may be willing to kick up the difficulty in other areas.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I have many households struggling to make ends meet and I've never gotten that pop up.

It probably only shows up in new saves is my guess. I saw it once in a Let's Play for someone who was using the tutorial.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Y'all funny. Meanwhile I cheat and give my sims money. I don't buy the packs for my sims to live in poverty. I want all that stuff on the lot.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member

yeah, i saw it on reddit a couple weeks ago

https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/ohbxkv/read_the_comments_ill_explain_what_happened_to_me/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The thing is that it has been in the game for a long time. The oldest Reddit post I've found about it is 3 months ago.

Thus it must have come in an April patch. I suspect it was silently added in April 27th patch.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Whys it a feature when most know about the cheat already? And the game is so very easy. Cant they add things to make the game more difficult, or add a difficulty setting?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I am not going to lambast this solely because I know some of the more casual players can struggle and do not necessarily know about cheats. This pop up does not particularly bother me as it sits, but maybe if this is being implemented they may be willing to kick up the difficulty in other areas.

I agree with you. Yes, lots of players complain about the game being too easy, but so many players do not use social media/forums, so who knows what they think. I played the game for years before participating in the forums and sharing my opinions.

When I first started playing Sims 2, I really struggled because I wasn't used to the game functions and didn't know how to use cheats yet. My Sim got fired, couldn't afford to eat, then died within about an hour of playing! :lol: I would have appreciated something like this back then while I was still finding my way.

It seems to be easy enough to cancel if you don't want the extra funds. I likely wouldn't use it personally, but I don't mind it being there for those who would like it.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just think they need to include difficulty settings in the game. Some of us hate these worthless and annoying pop ups. I would prefer to have the option to not get pop up messages whatsoever. A difficulty setting could assist in that.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I came across this when I started a new save in HoB. I'm not against it as an option but I'd still prefer the ability to set household funds when you create a family in CAS. That way the choice is left to the player as to how easy/difficult their gameplay is.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @alexspoom13 that's a wonderful suggestion.