Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I am sitting here at 1am as I can't sleep, but I did go to bed early.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Well, I’d gone back & forth on whether or not I was going to get this pack. I finally decided to get it, got excited again, & then realized that it didn’t come out at midnight, LOL. :( I’m planning on moving my legacy & my favorite sims to the new town. My favorite sims need a fresh start!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Origin just took my money properly.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I think it is 100% EA Play. They changed the day, why wouldn't they change the release time, too? Then they post to watch EA Play. They broke all the norms specifically all around EA Play so it only makes sense.

Also, when were midnight releases unfair and problematic? Everyone got theirs at midnight their time so no conversions to keep track off and if it were the case everyone would have gotten it earlier than it stands.

Not true.

From what I understand that is how a midnight release worked. However if I am wrong, please inform how so I will know better.

Well, it was regional so the times differed depending on time zone. For example, the game would unlock at 9pm for some people, 11pm for others, and various other times. That's why simscommunity.com always put up countdown timers to help everyone keep track.

Okay. So I thought a midnight release meant midnight whatever your personal time (so regional, of course, but when my clock says 12 I get it and when your clock says 12 you get it even though it may technically be hours apart) and that is how it always seemed to be talked about in my opinion.

Excuse me for still being slightly confused, but does the normal midnight release just pick a time for a global drop like this one with CoL (which I did not originally think was the case at all) and if not why are the times you mentioned so variable?

Obviously CoL launch is a set time for a global launch so it is different for everyone, but I thought the point of the standard midnight release was to stagger it.

All I know is that it was based on time zones. So yeah, it would release at midnight PST in the US, which meant a 3am release for me (Eastern Standard Time.) It was similar in other countries, too. They might have a midnight release in a specific time zone. But if you didn't live in that time zone, you'd have to convert the time to find out when you get it.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Um... I already have the bonus content in my game! Does anyone else have it, or am I the "victim" of a lucky glitch?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have realised today that I'm not particularly excited about it any more.

I get like that with Christmas sometimes. If I start getting excited too early, the time drags and then I kind of get over it before it even arrives.

I wish they hadn't told us so early, I'd probably still be dancing about the room in anticipation now.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I have realised today that I'm not particularly excited about it any more.

I get like that with Christmas sometimes. If I start getting excited too early, the time drags and then I kind of get over it before it even arrives.

I wish they hadn't told us so early, I'd probably still be dancing about the room in anticipation now.

Put on some great tunes and dance anyways. <3 Pssst: I know the feeling.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2021
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm honestly confused about the bonus content and if you'll get it depending on where to buy the pack? Has any SimGuru mentioned it?

I'm pretty sure a guru mentioned on Twitter that it didn't matter where you bought it so long as you redeemed your code by the date required. I bought mine at CD Keys so I will see later whether I have got the bonus content or not.

Less than 3 hours to go!
    Okay, thanks that's where I got my code aswell. I hope it's correct that you still get the items.
    I think I entered the code too early, because now it just says 'unlocked' and no install button. So weird.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    1 hour to go EST USA woohoo
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    was better when midnight release west coast got it 9 pm day before since east coast was at 12 am
  • Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    So excited
  • Options
    bandit5 This is my first pre order for sims 4 i don't really need the extra stuff that came with it but I'll use the tree and the bike I don't may much attention to gnomes

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    No actually, it just says "July 22nd", what I would like is for the time to be specified too.
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So 1pm US East Coast time, that’s what, 6pm here in France ? Cause they always give US time but not all of us live in the USA.

Origin should give you your local time :) you can check on the website.

• Options
    For me it says July 22nd 2021 1pm but I live in the US on the East Coast it might be different for different countries

No actually, it just says "July 22nd", what I would like is for the time to be specified too.
    So 1pm US East Coast time, that’s what, 6pm here in France ? Cause they always give US time but not all of us live in the USA.

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I preordered CL, and I got the bonus content with the patch actually.
    I'm honestly confused about the bonus content and if you'll get it depending on where to buy the pack? Has any SimGuru mentioned it?

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Dianesims , I got it with the patch too! Reading this thread made me wonder if I had got it by mistake.
  • Options
    katiesmith12341katiesmith12341 Posts: 34 Member
    Just under a hour for the UK now! finally a pack that I can totally relate to! :D good ol jam cooking!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    For me it says July 22nd 2021 1pm but I live in the US on the East Coast it might be different for different countries

I’m also US East Coast and it only says July 22 and no time.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm celebrating the release with a pizza and hotwings.

and a day off? i noticed a patteren where your vacation coincides with release day.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Interesting, it shows me the time. I wonder why it's different.
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I wasn't very excited about the pack at first, but then I watched some game changers and I'm starting to get really excited! I'm sad though because it releases an hour before I have to leave for work, so I won't really be able to get into it until I get home tonight (boo). Also, is anyone else like this when you get really excited for a new pack, you just stop playing until release because you know you're going to revamp or make all new sims? I'm also super excited for the simple living lot trait. I've been dying to need groceries and not just have an endless supply of food in the fridge.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I preordered CL, and I got the bonus content with the patch actually.
    Does it show up in your origin library, or do you have to open the game to see it? There's nothing in my library that shows the bonus content.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Weird it says the time for me https://i.imgur.com/lz9vGqk.png
    For me it says July 22nd 2021 1pm but I live in the US on the East Coast
    it might be different for different countries

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Weird this is what it says for me https://i.imgur.com/lz9vGqk.png I know it says EDT but I assure you I live in the US which is EST why it says EDT I do not know trust me I'm not a fibber lol

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99