Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think sims 5 will be announced during EA Play live July 22?

I don't see any speculation about this but I've been wondering for a while. Ts4 is 7 years old and showing it, sadly. While I love the game, the lag is killing me. So... thoughts? Are we expecting TS5 to be announced?

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    They are probably still in the prototyping stage, so that would be too early... They might announce something though because they moved the release of Cottage living so it's released before EA Play, which hints that maybe they wanted it to be released so it would not get in the way of whatever they would announce during EA Play.

They also have an offer where you will get three additional items if you buy Cottage Living before September 2nd. September 2nd is the sims4's 7 year anniversary.

So maybe they will announce something.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Doubt it. Maybe next year but if anything, I think we'd be getting more TS4 announcements.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I doubt it, but their recent behaviour has been weird, right? Even if they announced 5, it being years out wouldn't overshadow Cottage Living that much. That is what makes me suspect something related to 4.

Watch it be a DLC subscription service like Paradox has been rolling out.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m beginning to wonder if it’ll be announced late next year. 🤷🏼‍♂️

As Cottage Living is getting a lot of positive feedback I would be surprised at them announcing anything major on its release.
    Plus there’s still more packs to come.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    There have been rumours and 'leaks' for months now that the game is going to be revealed in EA Play but I doubt it. I think they are going to give the whole time they have in the event only for Sims 4 like upcoming content and maybe a surprise reveal of a game pack or kit who knows :D .

But, if there is going to be an announcement, I think it will probably be in the end of August in Gamescom together with the "big" ones.

logion wrote: »
    They are probably still in the prototyping stage, so that would be too early...

I'm not 100% sure but I think they're in the art section now like animations, lighting and audio and I've searched that art in game is usually kept last before hiring testers for the game

Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I doubt it, but their recent behaviour has been weird, right? Even if they announced 5, it being years out wouldn't overshadow Cottage Living that much. That is what makes me suspect something related to 4.

This is very possible. I‘m sure potential players are caught off guard when they see the $900 price tag. A subscription would allow them to play the complete game without making a big dent in their savings.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think the only bonus content they released before for TS4 was at launch. I find it weird that they are releasing bonus content now, after so many years. I'm thinking they want to make sure the Cottage Living EP sells enough copies before the next pack is announced and it may be that the next pack is themed something very often requested by players.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    No, I don't think Sims 5 will be announced at EA play.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will not speculate so will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No. No I don't think so. :)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't think 5 will be announced anytime soon.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Whatever new thing that's online that they're working on might be, but I don't think it's intended as a "Sims 5" that follows Sims 4. I think it's more a Sims Online 2. They've said they have years of ideas for Sims 4; I don't expect a Sims 5 announcement for a very, very long time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Nope.
  • Options

This is very possible. I‘m sure potential players are caught off guard when they see the $900 price tag. A subscription would allow them to play the complete game without making a big dent in their savings.

That was the argument there, too, and I suppose there is some logic to it. *shrug* I just cannot like subscriptions that do not reward loyalty. It doesn't have to be one to one, but if I pay for a year and have nothing to show for it I feel as if I wasted my money.

But I think such an announcement is likely because it would take the wind out of CoL's sails. Why purchase it for $40 when you could get it and more for a small, monthly fee?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No I don’t think we will have sims 5 for a while. In fact with CoL coming out the same day I’m not sure sims will have any involvement this year. Could be wrong though. We could end up with a new road map for the fall.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2021
    maybe yes maybe no
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Whatever new thing that's online that they're working on might be, but I don't think it's intended as a "Sims 5" that follows Sims 4. I think it's more a Sims Online 2. They've said they have years of ideas for Sims 4; I don't expect a Sims 5 announcement for a very, very long time.

I think it's time for EA to let go of Sims 4. There's really no reason why EA cannot put those ideas into Sims 5,unless they really want to keep spending a lot of time and money fixing countless bugs and glitches that keep piling on the longer Sims 4 goes on. The longer the game goes on,the worse the game engine becomes...pretty soon,it will break and EA will be unable to repair it.

ISims 1 didnot go on forever and ever...Sims 2 didn't go on forever and ever...Sims 3 didn't go on forever and ever. Why should we have to stay locked in "The Endless Sims 4 Era"? Please,EA-just end Sims 4 soon and give us Sims 5 already...it's time to move on and embrace the future instead of keeping a buggy,laggy,glitchy game going on for "many many many many many more years". /m hoping that Sims 5 will be announced later this year,and that we get it sometime next year.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

this :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They are probably still in the prototyping stage, so that would be too early... They might announce something though because they moved the release of Cottage living so it's released before EA Play, which hints that maybe they wanted it to be released so it would not get in the way of whatever they would announce during EA Play.

They also have an offer where you will get three additional items if you buy Cottage Living before September 2nd. September 2nd is the sims4's 7 year anniversary.

So maybe they will announce something.

I thought EA Play was on Thursday the same day Cottage Living comes out. By the way I think their going to make a big Sims 4 Announcement and they might announce Sims 5 as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Cars however could over shadow Cottage Living.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Cars however could over shadow Cottage Living.

Maybe you're right, but honestly they wouldn't for me. Fast Lane Stuff was pretty well the one thing I never bought for 3 until I started playing it again.

I do miss visible carpools. Just one more way to show how your Sim is moving up in the world.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I doubt it. From what I've been seeing, The Sims doesn't appear to be one of the featured games/franchises at EA Play this year.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't think it's TS5, even tho I have seen the rumors with the supposed lineup on Reddit, (which that post was deleted by the original thread starter). At first, I thought it was plausible, just because they announce it doesn't mean it's ready to ship. They could announce it for the end of next year, and that would still give them almost another 18 months to work on it.

But, after they stated TS4 has years and years of content left, that pretty much confirmed to me that the rumor was just that .... a rumor.

Now, if they are going to announce something for TS4, I think it will be BIG, as in something the fans have been begging for years to have, to make such a big deal by announcing it at EA Play.

Something like one of these things:
    • Real Babies and not objects
    • Cars
    • Werewolves

That's my speculation.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Seriously, who wants TS5? And why should it be any better than TS4? I for one won't be investing in another sims game as it's just repurchasing the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over and over.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't think it's TS5, even tho I have seen the rumors with the supposed lineup on Reddit, (which that post was deleted by the original thread starter). At first, I thought it was plausible, just because they announce it doesn't mean it's ready to ship. They could announce it for the end of next year, and that would still give them almost another 18 months to work on it.

But, after they stated TS4 has years and years of content left, that pretty much confirmed to me that the rumor was just that .... a rumor.

That rumored lineup on Reddit was clearly made up, as they already got the Apex Legends trailer and the date of the event wrong.

Interestingly enough, one of the comments claimed that they have inside info and TS5 is years off. Judging from this poster’s comment history on Reddit, they don’t appear to be a Sims player at all. I’m not sure why they’d be making this up if it’s not real.

uuHqFdS.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png