Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think sims 5 will be announced during EA Play live July 22?

Comments

• Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I think The Sims 5 will be announced at EA Play this year, but just as a "Coming when it's ready" title, some small tidbits and no trailer or screenshots (maybe some concept art and that's all). Not for inmediate release or coming soon, just as a "Hey, we're working on it" and to attract some spotlight. DLCs for TS4 are good for a week or two of press attention, but a new game is always more juicy and generates more headlines.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Aside of Vehicles, Maybe Music Pack + 5 of Ava Max's songs re-recorded in Simlish in The Sims 4

E4KxkjZVkAE2EBF?format=jpg&name=large
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They are probably still in the prototyping stage, so that would be too early... They might announce something though because they moved the release of Cottage living so it's released before EA Play, which hints that maybe they wanted it to be released so it would not get in the way of whatever they would announce during EA Play.

They also have an offer where you will get three additional items if you buy Cottage Living before September 2nd. September 2nd is the sims4's 7 year anniversary.

So maybe they will announce something.

I thought EA Play was on Thursday the same day Cottage Living comes out. By the way I think their going to make a big Sims 4 Announcement and they might announce Sims 5 as well.

If they would have followed their original release schedules when they tend to release Expansion Packs, then Cottage Living would have been released on Friday (July 23rd), but they moved the release date to July 22nd, before EA Play Live.

My guess of what they might announce is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin since it's rumored that EA will release that again.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Last I heard it was going to be in 2022. I'm still going back & forth on whether I want it, right now I don't know if I can take another six years of waiting for new content & bug fixes. But I also just started a new huge TS4 save that's probably going to take me at least 5 years to get through anyway. Maybe by then whatever issues that come with Sims 5 will be worked out.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Maybe it will be announced like Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4. Here's some short trailer and concept art, coming for few years. :D:smiley::D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Doubt it, I think it's likely it'll be announced at the event next year though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I don't think it's TS5, even tho I have seen the rumors with the supposed lineup on Reddit, (which that post was deleted by the original thread starter). At first, I thought it was plausible, just because they announce it doesn't mean it's ready to ship. They could announce it for the end of next year, and that would still give them almost another 18 months to work on it.

But, after they stated TS4 has years and years of content left, that pretty much confirmed to me that the rumor was just that .... a rumor.

That rumored lineup on Reddit was clearly made up, as they already got the Apex Legends trailer and the date of the event wrong.

Interestingly enough, one of the comments claimed that they have inside info and TS5 is years off. Judging from this poster’s comment history on Reddit, they don’t appear to be a Sims player at all. I’m not sure why they’d be making this up if it’s not real.

uuHqFdS.jpg

That's fine with me. More content for TS4 for years is good but I will admit I'm kind of ready for a new sims game as long as I can get things like theme parks,a romance pack,cars and generations in TS4.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I'd be surprised if they did. It seems too early.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    Aside of Vehicles, Maybe Music Pack + 5 of Ava Max's songs re-recorded in Simlish in The Sims 4

E4KxkjZVkAE2EBF?format=jpg&name=large

We get it by now: you want Ava Max..

No need to spam every thread with that..
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't care about the game anymore. I'm posting here though because what I'd like to know is why does anyone still cares if TS5 comes if it's going to be online multiplayer with competition and microtransactions galore? Why care about it if it's going to be lazy and a lot of cut corners? I really don't have a lot of faith that it will be any good anymore.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    More people assuming that Sims 5 will be announced after another year of things that if anything are merely signs of a team being set up. People have been saying "I bet Sims 5 will be here in 6 months" for the last four years.

I care about Sims 4, not Sims 5.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Maybe it will be announced like Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4. Here's some short trailer and concept art, coming for few years. :D:smiley::D

And Elder Scrolls 6 :D
    It's possible they may announce it at EA Play, but they won't give any definite date. Like you said, they'll probably just post a very vague promotional trailer that'll say something like "Coming in the Future".

Games are taking longer to make, so I wouldn't be surprised if they announced it. But it won't come out until 2022 or 2023.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Wolfium wrote: »

And Elder Scrolls 6 :D
    It's possible they may announce it at EA Play, but they won't give any definite date. Like you said, they'll probably just post a very vague promotional trailer that'll say something like "Coming in the Future".

Games are taking longer to make, so I wouldn't be surprised if they announced it. But it won't come out until 2022 or 2023.

They always announce Sims game with proper trailers and definite release timeline though. I wonder if they tell more about future developments to their investors. Anyway, I am still not looking forward to buying a barebones basegame TS5 and waiting for features.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I don't care about the game anymore. I'm posting here though because what I'd like to know is why does anyone still cares if TS5 comes if it's going to be online multiplayer with competition and microtransactions galore? Why care about it if it's going to be lazy and a lot of cut corners? I really don't have a lot of faith that it will be any good anymore.

I just want to have hope it'll be good.

I don't like the sound of playing with random people on multiplayer. I wouldn't mind friends.
    It's the patching that needs a major overhaul and would be part of my decision to get it.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Whatever new thing that's online that they're working on might be, but I don't think it's intended as a "Sims 5" that follows Sims 4. I think it's more a Sims Online 2. They've said they have years of ideas for Sims 4; I don't expect a Sims 5 announcement for a very, very long time.

I think it's time for EA to let go of Sims 4. There's really no reason why EA cannot put those ideas into Sims 5,unless they really want to keep spending a lot of time and money fixing countless bugs and glitches that keep piling on the longer Sims 4 goes on. The longer the game goes on,the worse the game engine becomes...pretty soon,it will break and EA will be unable to repair it.

ISims 1 didnot go on forever and ever...Sims 2 didn't go on forever and ever...Sims 3 didn't go on forever and ever. Why should we have to stay locked in "The Endless Sims 4 Era"? Please,EA-just end Sims 4 soon and give us Sims 5 already...it's time to move on and embrace the future instead of keeping a buggy,laggy,glitchy game going on for "many many many many many more years". /m hoping that Sims 5 will be announced later this year,and that we get it sometime next year.

That's what people said about Sims3 and wanting Sims4 and look what we got. Sims3 was awesome if you didn't use CC and had a good computer that can play the game. I don't play it like I use to, but time is that main issue and saving/getting in and out of the game times. Sims 4 certainly has many bright spots and add-ons. They did say many more years and I think they won't rush Sims 5 like they did with Sims 4 and having to take it off line and having so many issues because they rushed to get it out.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Seems like they’re showing a launch trailer for Cottage Living at EA Play Live tomorrow.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No. Inhonestly don't see a Sums 5 until 2023. I think we have at minimum another year of Sims 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    No. Inhonestly don't see a Sums 5 until 2023. I think we have at minimum another year of Sims 4.

I agree. I don't think we will get any announcement or even acknowledgement even of a The Sims 5 being in the works for a few more years.

There is still so much missing from The Sims 4, so much piecemealing going on that they can safely milk The Sims 4 for many more years.
    There is a reason that a lot of content is still missing today. They are going to spread it out over years and years to milk money, sadly.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Seems like they’re showing a launch trailer for Cottage Living at EA Play Live tomorrow.

Isn't that sort of weird, to show a launch trailer for a pack that has been hyped up for the past 6 weeks? I would think that most simmers would already know about the pack. Maybe they're trying to attract non-simmers who might be watching EA Play Live.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

I miss launch trailers so happy if they will doing them again
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Isn't that sort of weird, to show a launch trailer for a pack that has been hyped up for the past 6 weeks? I would think that most simmers would already know about the pack. Maybe they're trying to attract non-simmers who might be watching EA Play Live.

It could also be vice versa. For a company like EA, having simmers tune in for the whole show until The Sims Segment could expose many simmers (potential buyers) to their other franchises like Need for Speed, Battlefield, FIFA, or any other franchise EA had. This is a business opportunity to them and also bringing in The Sims will of course can bring new players from other EA franchise. Who knows that a teenage player who plays Apex Legends might saw Cows in The Sims and will be wanting to buy it?
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited July 2021
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Whatever new thing that's online that they're working on might be, but I don't think it's intended as a "Sims 5" that follows Sims 4. I think it's more a Sims Online 2. They've said they have years of ideas for Sims 4; I don't expect a Sims 5 announcement for a very, very long time.

I think it's time for EA to let go of Sims 4. There's really no reason why EA cannot put those ideas into Sims 5,unless they really want to keep spending a lot of time and money fixing countless bugs and glitches that keep piling on the longer Sims 4 goes on. The longer the game goes on,the worse the game engine becomes...pretty soon,it will break and EA will be unable to repair it.

ISims 1 didnot go on forever and ever...Sims 2 didn't go on forever and ever...Sims 3 didn't go on forever and ever. Why should we have to stay locked in "The Endless Sims 4 Era"? Please,EA-just end Sims 4 soon and give us Sims 5 already...it's time to move on and embrace the future instead of keeping a buggy,laggy,glitchy game going on for "many many many many many more years". /m hoping that Sims 5 will be announced later this year,and that we get it sometime next year.

That's what people said about Sims3 and wanting Sims4 and look what we got. Sims3 was awesome if you didn't use CC and had a good computer that can play the game. I don't play it like I use to, but time is that main issue and saving/getting in and out of the game times. Sims 4 certainly has many bright spots and add-ons. They did say many more years and I think they won't rush Sims 5 like they did with Sims 4 and having to take it off line and having so many issues because they rushed to get it out.

Hmm..you may be right. I MIGHT return to Sims 4 IF EA can prove to me they can do more with Sims 4,like adding new venues to new worlds(instead of plunking bars and other base game venues), giving us multi-purpose lots, giving us Create-a-World and other things people have been asking for.

Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    They showed CoL for like 10 seconds at the very beginning. Will they show something else? I feel like I‘m wasting my time here.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2021
    They only showed a short Launch Trailer for Cottage Living and it was not even during EA Play Live with the host (Xavier Woods) but before it.

The sims was reduced to a pre-show segment.
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I was all excited for EA play and for what 😭