Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't we eat the animals from the new Cottage EP?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    On James Turner's latest let's play, you can trade in chickens for simoleons or meat. So you can get meat from breeding chickens. No idea about cows and llamas, though doubtful since you don't raise and breed them.

Cows can be traded, too. So maybe also llamas.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991678/sims-4-cottage-living-we-can-trade-animals-for-meat
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Yeah, teenagers wouldn't be able to handle the concept of cow meat eating. Sure, you can have the meal, but actually killing the cows? Can't offend those vegetarian players by giving them the option. (I have nothing against vegetarians. It just annoys me that they think they're not catered to).

It reminds me of Stardew Valley. Fishing was fine, eggs were fine, milk was fine but it was like, four years before you could get a steak - and that game was Indie! There's just something so hypocritical about farming games and how they're terrified of admitting how you get a hamburger.

It sounds like you have a lot against vegetarians.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Thetford wrote: »
    On James Turner's latest let's play, you can trade in chickens for simoleons or meat. So you can get meat from breeding chickens. No idea about cows and llamas, though doubtful since you don't raise and breed them.

Cows can be traded, too. So maybe also llamas.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991678/sims-4-cottage-living-we-can-trade-animals-for-meat

I think llamas can't be, I was watching lilsimsie's video and a llama had only three trading options, no meat.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

For this type of game. I agree with that. No "killing" fake people or animals.

As for the chickens? I think it's hilarious that all the fox does is try to steal the eggs. Haha! :D

I think I'm actually going to enjoy this new pack. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Serval wrote: »
    I'm quite glad I won't have kids coming up to me at work telling me how they killed all their cow in the sims, but just a personal preference : D

Hehe, but them boasting about removing their sims' pool ladder youre fine with? :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am glad I can trade in chickens for meat every now and then. Wish we could have bred the cows as well but I can make a challenge for myself out of it.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    As for the chickens? I think it's hilarious that all the fox does is try to steal the eggs. Haha! :D
    Foxes can actually kill chickens or rabbits, it was shown on the official livestream
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Point of farming is growing and producing food to people. I think it should be optional for everyone to play the way they want. My grandparents had big farm and I assure you, no farm has animals as pets. I liked to give names and imagined some of them where my pets, but we all have to learn real life. It’s no good to live in fantasy world.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Dairy cattle and beef cattle are 2 different things. The rabbits and chickens can kill sims as it should be. Get yourself a meat wall.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    The real question is how do you harvest the meat wall? I've never used it before because I never needed to, but with Cottage Living and the Simple Living lot trait I need it now. I planted it, watered it and massage it, but there's no option to harvest. How do I get faux meat from it?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    The real question is how do you harvest the meat wall? I've never used it before because I never needed to, but with Cottage Living and the Simple Living lot trait I need it now. I planted it, watered it and massage it, but there's no option to harvest. How do I get faux meat from it?

Just like any other plant you need to wait for it to grow before it can be harvested. There's no graphics change so it's not intuitive. The cricket flour from the bug houses can also be used for the meat substitute canned thing introduced with CoL and so can some veg such as aubergene. So there is other options too.
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    So you can't roast your own chickens or drink the milk from your cow?
    logion wrote: »
    Maybe they found it a little too much to be able to befriend your animals, give them names, increase their relationships, give them clothes, have your kids give them hugs and then eat them.

I think they should have given us the option, I mean it's a little silly that you can hug your chicken and then immediately go and eat Chicken Saltimbocca directly afterwards.

I agree...this really isn't how the world works. Real farmers raise cattle and chickens for food and profit...that chicken curry you had last weekend comes from a chicken that may have had a name but was raised to be culled and sold as a food resource.