Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't we eat the animals from the new Cottage EP?

Comments

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Because the Sims 4 like this pack lives in a fairytale of rainbows and happy sims. TBH I would've enjoyed being able to make a fresh chicken dinner lol
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    Well you do not have to slaughter the animals it is up to each player. Another thing will the fox hunt and kill the chickens?! If so how soon do you think it will be nerfed?!

I personally don't want to kill animals in any way that's too real for my game but if they added it in I would find a way around it so other players could have that feature in their games if they wanted it. I am aware of the fox situation and if I am not keen on that I am sure there will be a cheat or a mod so I am not too worried as I know I will find a way around that too. I am also sick of the nerf culture as stuff has gone from my own game that I would prefer to keep so I would never try and stop any feature from a game others might enjoy even if I do not..

I do not hink any chicken will be eaten as long as you got a lama on your lot, but if you chose not to have a lama on the lot?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Peral

I had not heard that one about the llama lol I did see a sort of llama spitting action towards the fox in the trailer and it ran but I wasn't aware that a llama specifically on a lot would deter foxes so thanks for that one :) As for other lots without llamas and other worlds I am not too sure how it works yet but maybe if you play with animals in other worlds a fox would automatically appear because of it?
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    @Peral

I had not heard that one about the llama lol I did see a sort of llama spitting action towards the fox in the trailer and it ran but I wasn't aware that a llama specifically on a lot would deter foxes so thanks for that one :) As for other lots without llamas and other worlds I am not too sure how it works yet but maybe if you play with animals in other worlds a fox would automatically appear because of it?

I do not think you will see foxes attacking chickens on lots you are not playing
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @Peral

thats a real thing you know llamas make great watch dogs we had one on our farm
    no one stole any cows with him around
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    @Peral

I agree I don't think we will see foxes attacking on lots we are not playing..

@comicsforlife

That's really interesting, I think the most I have seen here in the UK are farmers with geese running around which can actually be quite scary when being chased by one :)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Is there a trailer for whatever this new cottage thing is

@catmando830

https://youtu.be/7rSNOU_T7mg

Aren't you happy that you have a farming expansion at least? Everything's so cute!

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well you do not have to slaughter the animals it is up to each player. Another thing will the fox hunt and kill the chickens?! If so how soon do you think it will be nerfed?!

If the foxes can take your chickens, then people are gonna ask for nerfs immediately... Can't have foxes actually taking your animals in your Disney Simulator.

The Fox Stealing is part of a challenge which can be turned off.

It’s switched on by default, but I would assume you will get a notification asking wether you want it on or not.
    No nerfing required. At least I hope not. Folks should let the Fox be the Fox. 🦊
  • EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    They would've to animate or sim slaughtering the animals to get meat, and it would raise the rating of it I think.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Thanks for that info that sounds totally fair to all concerned so as you rightly point out no nerfing required!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Vegans would have an aneurism.
    Parents would have a fit.
    Kids would have a meltdown.
    Media would have a field day.

Basically every group imaginable would have osme sort of EA-damaging reaction to it. I personally am glad they didn't include it.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

If the foxes can take your chickens, then people are gonna ask for nerfs immediately... Can't have foxes actually taking your animals in your Disney Simulator.

The Fox Stealing is part of a challenge which can be turned off.

It’s switched on by default, but I would assume you will get a notification asking wether you want it on or not.
    No nerfing required. At least I hope not. Folks should let the Fox be the Fox. 🦊

Yy, who could be so cruel and leave foxes hungry, they need to eat too.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As a vegetarian in real life I think Sims should have the option to slaughter their livestock for food. It's more realistic.
    Always nice to see someone not want to force their life choices on others Sims should always be about options.
    I think it's pretty obvious. The intended audience for this game includes kids....and kids would not be on board with killing animals to eat
    You speak for all children? I would of been on board as a child and still am.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Seems some people think we want to actually see animal slaughter on screen. Many people are simply saying, an option to click on the animal and 'send to market', with meat coming in the post later. No upsetting visuals.
    Though I did initially wonder if they could use a similar machine to the vet operating table. Cow goes in.. meat comes out :s
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    People don't eat dairy cows or llamas. So why would the sims? But I don't see why you can't drag and drop your animal, selling it like you do your furniture. Then use that money to purchase beef and chicken from the local shop. It is the same principle. Or am I the only one who uses the imagination when playing this game? I can't be.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    People don't eat dairy cows or llamas. So why would the sims? But I don't see why you can't drag and drop your animal, selling it like you do your furniture. Then use that money to purchase beef and chicken from the local shop. It is the same principle. Or am I the only one who uses the imagination when playing this game? I can't be.

We do eat dairy cows actually. They get sent off the same as the beef cattle. The only difference is the meat is considered lower grade and usually ends up at fast food restaurants in burgers. I don't know about llamas though!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Same Question but for My First Pet.

We can't eat cats and dogs too, neither the birds from Backyard, so it's on brand.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    @Peral

I agree I don't think we will see foxes attacking on lots we are not playing..

@comicsforlife

That's really interesting, I think the most I have seen here in the UK are farmers with geese running around which can actually be quite scary when being chased by one :)

we have those to but we use them for snakes they will form a circle around the snake
    we also had a cow we milked now looking back I'm not sure it was the a good idea to milk a long horn
    edited June 2021
    The point with the autonomous knitting was that Sims always started a new project which costs money. And in my eyes that was clearly a design flaw that has been rightfully nerfed. My Sims can do what they like but I am the only chief of the Simoleons (same problem with autonomous cooking or buying things from the vending machine). If they bring autonomous knitting back, please restrict it to continuing existing projects.

heres a post from the knitting is broken thread and it got a like so there are people who don't care about toggles
    and options to turn off free will or remove things from inventory @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited June 2021
    Apparently, we won't be able to cook the meat from the cows, chickens, or rabbits from the pack. Rabbits will roam around the world. Cows can be milked. Chickens give eggs. Dassit!

Whyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!

Sims can eat meals featuring real meat, but can't get the real meat from the animals to make the food?

I feel just like you on this one Chazzzy….. I wasn’t wanting the farm animals so much to befriend, but to actually be a farm and use the meat in recipe’s. I was hoping they would go more the route of Minecraft where you could have the animals reproduce. You can’t even put more than one lama or cow in their little rabbit hole house….. why couldn’t they have made it at least 4….. where you could have the animal reproduce somewhat? They made it where the animals can die but can’t be used for consumption. Well, at least we can buy the meat. Sad though.
    Maybe they found it a little too much to be able to befriend your animals, give them names, increase their relationships, give them clothes, have your kids give them hugs and then eat them.

I think they should have given us the option, I mean it's a little silly that you can hug your chicken and then immediately go and eat Chicken Saltimbocca directly afterwards.

But, so many just don’t see the irony in this……
    edited June 2021
    hunni121 wrote: »
    I shouldn't be laughing at this but I could honestly see a modder make this happen :D

I’m sure they will, unfortunately I don’t use mods, and would have sure liked the option in game, they didn’t even make it where we could reproduce cows…… it’s a shame. I think the sims is just getting too babyish for me. I hear they have several sim deaths though….I already don’t like that you can die of laughter……to me that’s just stupid…
    haneul wrote: »
    The Sims isn't about killing anything, so they wanted to keep it wholesome. The farm animals are supposed to be like pets and EA didn't want to invite unnecessary controversy, which killing animals you raise, cuddle and pet would inevitably cause...The dev team has always said they would do it like this and in Sims 3 it was the same. They were never willing to do farming for meat.

If you want meat, you can fish.

Oh yes, killing your sims off is so wholesome…lol. I think people have their priorities messed up. No wonder this world is in the state it is….
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Wouldn't thin anything too grizzly maybe selling the animals to whatever 3rd party and you can either get money in exchange or the animal meat. Think that would have been pretty fair, but the internet tends to make a big thing about things so much even when it comes down to player choice to want to taking features out or etc.

Remember sims who hate children could still try for baby in a daze state? Derp, still comes down to player choice but many saw this as not having consent even through it's the sims and ironically people tend to take away autonomous will by them, but guess that don't count even though it is a game. :# Guess it's just best to leave the option out entirely. Much like the whole 'bowing' at shrines that could have been left in and just not have it autonomous.

Yes! Just like how we can make a phone call and sell our pets, we should be able to make a phone call and “sell” these animals then we’d either get actual money, end up with meat in our inventories after the deal or both! It could totally work. No blood and guts involved.

Yes this would have been fine to me…. That’s all I wanted…
    I mean, to put it simply into two words: Vegans & Children. But to go into a more elaborative comment, it would be because they've decided to make this pack a more Old McDonald type farm, where it's a more idyllic, storybook and wholesome view of farm-life. Where animals are raised more as pets rather than produce, which is strange because I know farmers irl who actually have pet versions of the animals they keep and kill for produce/food. But w/e, can't have it both ways it seems. :neutral:

Minecraft is age 7 up I believe, and you can get meat from you animals it you want to. Our children see violence on the tv every day…… yet they can’t can’t play a game where they learn where their meat comes from? I wish we could have at least had cows be able to reproduce like chickens so that we could sell them to buy meat and other food products.