Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the calendar being added to the base game?

ยซ1

How do you feel about the calendar being added to the base game? 150 votes

Yay โ€” own Seasons
86%
Akl500Pauroraael14tams2578BreeSashaGalacticGalMichelleWjeepjeepcatalexspoom13davidp0418aelias24SikoahGraceMonet11lisamwittCamkatPlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLSimpatsyannTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917 130 votes
Yay โ€” do not own Seasons
4%
permanentroseCaprianaBthatpinkcoconutVeeDubZoeyevesterLynnPlayz1cupcake44 7 votes
No โ€” own Seasons
8%
MelisendreelanorbretonAPottsLoves2draw1812simslover1145HopeyStarrthenightcourtVivi_WillowTreeGeminiChickSeashoreLiviadoublenoodlesUniqueKhaosElisetom 13 votes
No โ€” do not own Seasons
0%

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Don't care -- I own Seasons.

Though, I like that festivals are now on it. So the calendar is getting an upgrade in my opinion.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I think it's great, now they can tie it in better with other packs. I hope they add the other festivals from City Living, Island Living and Snowy Escape.

I think it is great that they combine different features from the packs, I own every pack besides the building pack
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I think it's great, now they can tie it in better with other packs. I hope they add the other festivals from City Living, Island Living and Snowy Escape.

Yes I hope they add the festivals from all packs on it so I can plan accordingly for the festivals.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I never purchased Seasons because I don't want its main features, and too few things are of interest to me in the pack to make it worth paying for, even on sale. The calendar is one of those few things I did want, so yep. I'm glad it's coming. :wink:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I don't really care tbh but like i think it will be neat if all events start showing up on it cause i always forget what day is what between packs

and i mean its not like they patched in whole dang weather system or anything its just a calendar
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    They seem to expand on the functionality on the calendar so I don't mind it.
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    A calendar is a pretty basic feature and while it was nice to have for seasons and the specific events that came with it, being able to see regular events and plan them/have it tied in for people with other packs is great!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    It should have been base game all along.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simsplayer86simsplayer86 Posts: 33 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    [quote="luthienrising;c-17928153"]It should have been base game all along. [/quote]

This.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    Just wishing all CL and Sulani fests would get included too.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited July 2021
    No โ€” own Seasons
    To make that system, they used money from Seasons EP's budget, as well as time, that could have been used to make or add something else to this expansion pack had they made the calendar base game in the first place. Therefore, somewhere in those 40 bucks that we paid for this EP is that calendar.
    IMO, it is not ok that they have used our money to add something to the game on our account. I'm happy for the players, but this is not something I would personally support as we are talking about a multibillion $s company that's been doing this for far too long (photography, hot tubs etc.).
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I don't really have a problem with it to be honest.

It was confirmed in the stream, that it's just the calendar coming to base game and not the actual seasons/holidays which is what the main purpose of Seasons is anyway. The calander is just a small additional feature that can actually serve multiple non-season related purposes as well, so I don't see where it be added to the basegame takes anything away from Seasons.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't really care, I don't see the calender as an essential feature of Seasons
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    To make that system, they used money from Seasons EP's budget, as well as time, that could have been used to make or add something else to this expansion pack had they made the calendar base game in the first place. Therefore, somewhere in those 40 bucks that we paid for this EP is that calendar.
    IMO, it is not ok that they have used our money to add something to the game on our account. I'm happy for the players, but this is not something I would personally support as we are talking about a multibillion $s company that's been doing this for far too long (photography, hot tubs etc.).

They don't have much budget for free content at all. So most major free content is made from a pack's budget. For example, both the bunk beds and the entire Likes/Dislikes system were made using Dream Home Decorator's budget.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I was really bummed out to find that the base game doesn't have a calander. It's hard to keep track of time, for me at least.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I'd rather have the calendar moved to base game than pay for it twice.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    Hopefully, there will be a way to change the schedules of all the festivals & turn off some of the festival.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I own Seasons and I don't mind it being added to the base game.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I'm not too fussed about it, I didn't buy Seasons because of the calendar, I bought it for ...... well, the weather and seasonal changes. That has always been one of my favorite packs from all the past games.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Don't care - own Seasons. I'm truly indifferent. I'm certainly not mad about it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    Seasons is 3 years old now. I think it's ok for any 3-year-old tech to be cheaper now than it used to be.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    I don't care. I bought seasons for the seasons, everything else is icing. I'm sure people will enjoy it, and I don't expect it to have everything the one in seasons does.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    Don't care - own Seasons.

The calendar is so handy, I don't see why everyone shouldn't enjoy it. It's not like they've added rain or snow, or the holidays, which was the main draw of Seasons.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yay โ€” own Seasons
    They probably should have added a version of the calendar for the base game when they released Seasons, so I have no problem with it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---