Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livestream & Early Access Videos: Who's Watching?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
I think this is first time we're being given access to a Livestream and GameChanger videos so far in advance of a pack release. I'm torn. Part of me wants to know all and a part of me wants to discover it on my own.

For those of you who plan on purchasing Cottage Living are you going to avoid all of the pre-release hype still to come?

Livestream & Early Access Videos: Who's Watching? 122 votes

I'm watching everything.
49%
crocobauraauroraael14simjenn2004grnblzSara1010Plori171957IrishSimmer21alexspoom13alan650111BlkBarbiegalrudolphaBevTweetyimhappyThunderbat87simgirl1010Paigeisin5MagdaleenarobyngravesJestTrusimfriend1968 60 votes
Livestream only
22%
Kita5399Icewolfbandit5PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarmcruddIsb917elanorbretoncchant86luthienrisingmjalletkiwi84BabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidtQuaayHearts4ucalaprfySAEldarinbirdonawireLaira 27 votes
GameChanger videos only
2%
Sharonianetney52Shachaai 3 votes
Hibernating until July 22.
10%
Akl500PBreeSashaaelias24Martinvpajamajam07bevilleironknight35pammiechickBreazonamusteniAkilWolfiumClousinators 13 votes
Other
15%
Bluegaylebshag4lvIceyJBluebeard45Monet11friendlysimmersToriebenson2006CAPTAIN_NXR7DoloresGreyOnverserSilentKittymikamakimonAtreya33Chicklet453681AngeliqueAdelaideGreenTurtleEternalSunshineVeeDub 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other
    I will only be watching Semaj's videos.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other
    In between house work I'll watch a little of this and a little of that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching everything, just not necessarily right away. The Livestream I'll watch while eating lunch, but after that, I have projects that can't wait, so the Gamechanger Videos will have to.

And to be fair, I'm only watching the gamechanger videos for the gamechangers I already follow.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I like to know everything. That way I manage expectations and already get any disappointments out of the way. Also it gets me more excited. I like to have as much information as possible.

But I’ve always loved spoilers. I always start books by reading the ending first, same with movies. 😆
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I like to know everything. That way I manage expectations and already get any disappointments out of the way. Also it gets me more excited. I like to have as much information as possible.

But I’ve always loved spoilers. I always start books by reading the ending first, same with movies. 😆

That's a good way to look at it. 🙂
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching the livestream along with James & Deli's videos (maybe a couple of others, not sure).
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I want to see more
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Livestream only
    Probably only the live stream (if my computer will get it to work). I don't really follow GCs anymore.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    Only to see the cas and bb items. The gameplay I want to find out for myself. I don’t always find the livestreams helpful or engaging depending on which sim gurus are presenting them.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching EVERYTHING. I want to make sure this pack is worth the money.

Hopefully I have time to watch the livestream on my break at work tomorrow.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Livestream only
    I usually only watch livestreams except I'll be busy that day sadly so can't spam the chat with emojis🥲🥲🥲
    I may watch a bit of other GC videos only because the release is so far. I just don't enjoy watching others play what I can't lol😅
    And I'm not worried about bugs or rather or not I'll like it so I don't need to see much.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other
    I thought I wouldn't be able to watch anything until a few days after the release of the pack but today was one of those days that turn plans upside down. As in my vacation cancelled at the last moment. So I will be watching a little. I hope to find a summary of the livestream and perhaps one or two gamechangers. I want to know the big features like lot challenges and group cooking, but I don't want to know every little detail so I can still discover a few things on my own.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Livestream only
    I pretty well always watch the pack livestreams, if I can catch them. If not, read a breakdown. I don't tend to watch game changer stuff, but if there is something I am really interested in, I might. Like a CAS or BB breakdown.

I don't really have a reason to avoid coverage. The Sims isn't about secrets or twists to me (like say a narrative driven game), but how well I can use the new features to play the way I want.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've already decided to buy the pack and I'll likely buy it on the release. I will read the forums but other than that I want to be surprised. Normally I watch livestream and some gamechangers.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Other
    I already pre-ordered this pack…

Watching or not doesn’t matter anymore. 😂
    But if I’m watching it’ll be the official livestream only.
    I do like surprises too though…
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    The livestream usually forgets to show off the premades. So I'll watch it all.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don’t like getting spoiled and like to discover gameplay on my own. Even the trailers have too many spoilers although a necessary evil for me to buy the pack.

**sticking fingers in ears** lalalalaaaa
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Other
    I'm no good at hibernating, so I'll probably end up watching something and spoiling things for myself. :(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Livestream only
    It's a toss-up between how the devs frustrate me and how the GCs over-reactions 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll probably watch everything because I may miss something if I don't. I'm not too worried about spoilers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    I will probably only watch game changer videos. I don't really enjoy the livestreams much.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Other
    I can't decide :| Comes with being a middle child I guess. But I am leaning towards watching the livestream...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    Everything.

I can't wait. I'm starting with the Livestream then watching the Early Access ones. Speaking of Livestream I wonder how long it will be. I hope they don't cut it down to an hour cause of Early Access. I want a 2 hr livestream. I can always watch the early access videos later.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other
    Haven't decided yet for several reasons:

#1 - Depends on what time the Livestream is taking place

#2 - I like to be surprised and look at everything in the game myself

#3 - I'm not sure I'm getting it right away after all. I'm still a little irritated with the fact the animals are tied to an object that must be placed, which 100% ruins the plans I had because I wanted to make a typical American farm but with the style of the "barn", that will look extremely out of place, and even more ridiculous if I wanted to have more than one animal (I most definitely do not want an entire pasture of those things). And, don't get me started on that black hole!

But I definitely will not be watching any GC videos. A good 99% of the time, they irritate me with their fake enthusiasm and over-zealous gushing over this or that. The only time I watch any type of Sims video is if I need to learn how to do something in the game or mod reviews.
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    I tend to find the livestreams a bit tedious: too much playing coy about details until the end, and I prefer to just get my details given to me straight. Much quicker and easier to read a summary afterwards if there's anything I desperately want to know.

I find some of the gamechangers usually give me a much better idea of the actual gameplay (and bugs I can expect).