Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livestream & Early Access Videos: Who's Watching?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,977 Member
I think this is first time we're being given access to a Livestream and GameChanger videos so far in advance of a pack release. I'm torn. Part of me wants to know all and a part of me wants to discover it on my own.

For those of you who plan on purchasing Cottage Living are you going to avoid all of the pre-release hype still to come?

Livestream & Early Access Videos: Who's Watching? 122 votes

I'm watching everything.
49%
crocobauraauroraael14simjenn2004grnblzSara1010Plori171957IrishSimmer21alexspoom13alan650111BlkBarbiegalrudolphaBevTweetyimhappyThunderbat87simgirl1010Paigeisin5MagdaleenarobyngravesJestTrusimfriend1968 60 votes
Livestream only
22%
Kita5399Icewolfbandit5PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarmcruddIsb917elanorbretoncchant86luthienrisingmjalletkiwi84BabykittyjadeEnkiSchmidtQuaayHearts4ucalaprfySAEldarinbirdonawireLaira 27 votes
GameChanger videos only
2%
Sharonianetney52Shachaai 3 votes
Hibernating until July 22.
10%
Akl500PBreeSashaaelias24Martinvpajamajam07bevilleironknight35pammiechickBreazonamusteniAkilWolfiumClousinators 13 votes
Other
15%
Bluegaylebshag4lvIceyJBluebeard45Monet11friendlysimmersToriebenson2006CAPTAIN_NXR7DoloresGreyOnverserSilentKittymikamakimonAtreya33Chicklet453681AngeliqueAdelaideGreenTurtleEternalSunshineVeeDub 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other
    I will only be watching Semaj's videos.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other
    In between house work I'll watch a little of this and a little of that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching everything, just not necessarily right away. The Livestream I'll watch while eating lunch, but after that, I have projects that can't wait, so the Gamechanger Videos will have to.

And to be fair, I'm only watching the gamechanger videos for the gamechangers I already follow.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I like to know everything. That way I manage expectations and already get any disappointments out of the way. Also it gets me more excited. I like to have as much information as possible.

But I’ve always loved spoilers. I always start books by reading the ending first, same with movies. 😆
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,977 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I like to know everything. That way I manage expectations and already get any disappointments out of the way. Also it gets me more excited. I like to have as much information as possible.

But I’ve always loved spoilers. I always start books by reading the ending first, same with movies. 😆

That's a good way to look at it. 🙂
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,456 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching the livestream along with James & Deli's videos (maybe a couple of others, not sure).
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I want to see more
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Livestream only
    Probably only the live stream (if my computer will get it to work). I don't really follow GCs anymore.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    Only to see the cas and bb items. The gameplay I want to find out for myself. I don’t always find the livestreams helpful or engaging depending on which sim gurus are presenting them.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll be watching EVERYTHING. I want to make sure this pack is worth the money.

Hopefully I have time to watch the livestream on my break at work tomorrow.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Livestream only
    I usually only watch livestreams except I'll be busy that day sadly so can't spam the chat with emojis🥲🥲🥲
    I may watch a bit of other GC videos only because the release is so far. I just don't enjoy watching others play what I can't lol😅
    And I'm not worried about bugs or rather or not I'll like it so I don't need to see much.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    Other
    I thought I wouldn't be able to watch anything until a few days after the release of the pack but today was one of those days that turn plans upside down. As in my vacation cancelled at the last moment. So I will be watching a little. I hope to find a summary of the livestream and perhaps one or two gamechangers. I want to know the big features like lot challenges and group cooking, but I don't want to know every little detail so I can still discover a few things on my own.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Livestream only
    I pretty well always watch the pack livestreams, if I can catch them. If not, read a breakdown. I don't tend to watch game changer stuff, but if there is something I am really interested in, I might. Like a CAS or BB breakdown.

I don't really have a reason to avoid coverage. The Sims isn't about secrets or twists to me (like say a narrative driven game), but how well I can use the new features to play the way I want.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've already decided to buy the pack and I'll likely buy it on the release. I will read the forums but other than that I want to be surprised. Normally I watch livestream and some gamechangers.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Other
    I already pre-ordered this pack…

Watching or not doesn’t matter anymore. 😂
    But if I’m watching it’ll be the official livestream only.
    I do like surprises too though…
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    The livestream usually forgets to show off the premades. So I'll watch it all.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don’t like getting spoiled and like to discover gameplay on my own. Even the trailers have too many spoilers although a necessary evil for me to buy the pack.

**sticking fingers in ears** lalalalaaaa
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Other
    I'm no good at hibernating, so I'll probably end up watching something and spoiling things for myself. :(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Livestream only
    It's a toss-up between how the devs frustrate me and how the GCs over-reactions 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    I'll probably watch everything because I may miss something if I don't. I'm not too worried about spoilers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    I will probably only watch game changer videos. I don't really enjoy the livestreams much.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,193 Member
    Other
    I can't decide :| Comes with being a middle child I guess. But I am leaning towards watching the livestream...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I'm watching everything.
    Everything.

I can't wait. I'm starting with the Livestream then watching the Early Access ones. Speaking of Livestream I wonder how long it will be. I hope they don't cut it down to an hour cause of Early Access. I want a 2 hr livestream. I can always watch the early access videos later.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other
    Haven't decided yet for several reasons:

#1 - Depends on what time the Livestream is taking place

#2 - I like to be surprised and look at everything in the game myself

#3 - I'm not sure I'm getting it right away after all. I'm still a little irritated with the fact the animals are tied to an object that must be placed, which 100% ruins the plans I had because I wanted to make a typical American farm but with the style of the "barn", that will look extremely out of place, and even more ridiculous if I wanted to have more than one animal (I most definitely do not want an entire pasture of those things). And, don't get me started on that black hole!

But I definitely will not be watching any GC videos. A good 99% of the time, they irritate me with their fake enthusiasm and over-zealous gushing over this or that. The only time I watch any type of Sims video is if I need to learn how to do something in the game or mod reviews.
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    GameChanger videos only
    I tend to find the livestreams a bit tedious: too much playing coy about details until the end, and I prefer to just get my details given to me straight. Much quicker and easier to read a summary afterwards if there's anything I desperately want to know.

I find some of the gamechangers usually give me a much better idea of the actual gameplay (and bugs I can expect).