Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 pets vs Cats and Dogs

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sims 3 pets
    I can't vote because I want small caged animals in Sims 4. I also did not want to own Sims 2 or Sims 3. I went straight from the original The Sims to Sims 4.

Edit to add: Oops just read that you said do NOT want to own sims 2 or 3.....may I ask why that is? Just curious :smile: . AHHHH, you must get Sims 3!! I think you would love it so much :-). You can find it on super sale normally too. Its so much fun I can't even tell you. Its the only sims game where I don't use mods because there is already so much to do. You can surf, ride horses, play with magic, own boats, snorkel, go scuba diving, be a mermaid and a million other supernaturals (if thats your thing), you can make jewelry, you can do glass blowing, do horse jumping, own a farm with a cow and chickens, go on a roller coaster, own a dragon, go on a hot air ballon, practice actual ballet, go to University, slow dance, teach your sim to drive, go to prom, go to China, Egypt, and France, Be an acrobat or magician, play quiditch like in Harry Potter, go to the future, not to mention there are so many worlds, not only the awesome EA paid ones like an Italy inspired world, a medieval world, an island world, etc....but multiple free worlds made by the fans.

This is only maybe 5% of the things you can do it sims 3....between the packs and store packs its actually pretty wild the amount of content there is.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    The Sims 3 Pets is just better. The ability to control pets, the horses, a large variety of smaller pets, etc.

The things I like better about The Sims 4 are the design of the English bulldog and the world. A New England-inspired world was long overdue and while it looks beautiful I'm sad it came in TS4 where it is mostly decoration.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Both equaly
    I prefer 4 for the cats and dogs, but I loved 3 for the horses.

Same.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Both equaly
    I like the appearance (graphics) and character of the Sims 4 cats and dogs more, but The Sims 3 had my beloved horses, which I actually miss from The Sims 4. I find the Drawing Tool much more easier and fun to use in The Sims 4, but in The Sims 3 we also had more small pets. All in all, I like them both for different reasons.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sims 3 pets
    3. I liked being able to control the pets and I loved the horses. I liked that dogs had a digging skill and cats a hunting skill. I feel like 4 has the potential to make horses much better. With 4 the only thing I prefer is the paint tool/ color wheel for customizing the pets.
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I absolutely loved the pets expansion in sims 3, though honestly I wasn't a big fan of the horses, I really didn't play them much. And since they took away the ability to control the pets in sims 4 cats and dogs I'll admit I was a bit skeptical on whether or not I'd actually like it. I have to give them credit though, I found that I actually enjoyed that aspect of the cats and dogs expansion more then the pets expansion in sims 3. I found that if I'm careful at which traits I choose I can get cats and dogs that behave like my rl cats and dogs that I have, and I was never able to pull that off in sims 3. To me, after playing both of the expansion packs, it seemed that I was actually losing out on the surprise personalities with being able to control the pets and given the choice in the future I'd prefer not to be able to control them, and I actually play with them more in sims 4 then I did in sims 3. So I have to give it to sims 4 cats and dogs, but it was definitely a close call.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited December 2018
    I prefer sims 2 or unleashed
    I didn't play enough sims 3 to compare the pets expansions of sims 3. But I preferred sims 2 over sims 4 because it had more to offer: Small pets, jobs for pets and of course the best feature of the pack: werewolves. The sims 4 only has the vet as an additional feature.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I like that you don't have to control Sims4 cats & dogs, but I loved Sims3 Horses, and if they brought back the horses in 4 they would definitely need to be controllable. That being said, because I play with large families, I am glad I don't have to control Sims4 pets. One thing I find annoying however is how many times my pet just looks sad, because it has a need. So while I am glad I can't control them, they can still be super needy.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I like 4’s cats and dogs more than 3’s, but as a whole, I think I enjoyed playing 3’s expansion more. Really enjoyed the world and had a surprising amount of fun playing with the horses. I don’t have much interest in them IRL.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I picked four because I like the customization 4 offers as well as not having to control them.

But sims 3 had WAY more toys for them, sims 4 is laughable.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I picked four because I like the customization 4 offers as well as not having to control them.

But sims 3 had WAY more toys for them, sims 4 is laughable.

I'm very confuse of the force controlling them.You didn't have to control them in 3.Give the pets most of their requirements they can't take vcare of themselves.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I prefer sims 2 or unleashed
    I chose Sims 1 pets. You could choose cats,dogs,birds or reptiles,and Old Town was so much fun!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    WarpStarsWarpStars Posts: 17 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I prefer the gameplay of The Sims 3 Pets, but I prefer how pets look in The Sims 4 Pets. It's a tough choice between good gameplay and good graphics. :/
  • Options
    SylfurcideSylfurcide Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I personally believe Sims 3 Pets is better. I enjoyed having horses and small pets. While ts4 has the vet career and a new world, the pets are more like objects that take up household spots. They're nice to have but if I can't control or actually look at their needs, I don't think they should limit the household. I love how the new pets look I think they're boring.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I strongly prefer Sims 4 Cats & Dogs to Sims 3 Pets. Pets did not work for me at all, and all of them had giraffe necks. I couldn't customize them or zoom out or they would disappear. Sims 4 Cats & Dogs is light years better honestly. Least of all because it actually works! But I believe the team put in more work, especially with regards to small little details, in Sims 4 than Sims 3.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Both equaly
    I loved Apploosa Plains, the western farms & horses in Sims 3. I love that the Cats & Dogs are made better in Sims 4 than in
    Sims 3.
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

Please be mindful of the dates when posting in a thread.

I'm going to be locking this one down to prevent any further necro-posting, but feel free to create a new thread if you're not finding a more recent one on the topic you'd like to discuss. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top