Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 pets vs Cats and Dogs

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,226 Member
Which one you think was better or you like better?

Sims 3 pets vs Cats and Dogs 203 votes

Sims 3 pets
43%
IdontrcallGoth583Kamb64GalacticGalmandyrobin2Situation171alexspoom13sillehbeeJessa_DakkarMartinvColorist40MLadyAzzeraSasquatch7PlayerSinger2010Animastarbabajaynecandy8CynnaAnmirlamcorral 89 votes
Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
37%
OneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldarIcewolfLaBlue0314alan650111IceyJrudolphaVibseRococo1256pendragon1980simgirl1010DJQ1308robyngravesluthienrisingmommy19959699alanmichael1SjofnMindofyVuloritexasangel 76 votes
Both equaly
9%
BluegayleicmnfrshMi9shaoscarWritin_Regelanorbretoncchant86zagboorulesYautjagirlgothprincess4everPegasysWinifred_Willowkaanvardar99Toadette12filipomelGiorgiTodilooLairaSERVERFRARememberJoy 19 votes
I prefer sims 2 or unleashed
9%
Ben1010Witchiriskeekee53Alysha1988JennyggKhrisstynev12creatorBlueSeaWavesbixtersFrancl27AlbaWaterhouseInternal_ChaosBearpal64EricasFreePlayPrincessVeeAtreya33SimskristaSimsLoverForeverLady_Ballora 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I can't vote because I prefer the Sims 3 pets and Sims 2 Pets!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,226 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I can't vote because I prefer the Sims 3 pets and Sims 2 Pets!

I should edit poll to add sim3 and sims 2 pet option
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I chose Sims 4 because of the clinic and the neighborhood, Sims 3 had more of an selection than Sims 4 C&D but I was never crazy about it. I feel the same way about Sims 4 C&D but again it was for the secondary items and neighborhood it offered. Another thing Sims 4 says it all it is about cats and dogs whereas Sims 3 was about pets other than cats and dogs and that is an good thing. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I picked sims 3 pets because I can completely control the pets, and there are small pets. I think the pets are cuter in the sims 4, but it doesn't matter how cute they are if they annoy me because I can't turn off their autonomy.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I chose Cats&Dogs because I love they're not playable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can't vote because I want small caged animals in Sims 4. I also did not want to own Sims 2 or Sims 3. I went straight from the original The Sims to Sims 4.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,352 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    Afraid I have to go with Sims 3 Pets here, even though Sims 3 is my least favourite game of the series and I don't even own the Pets EP for Sims 3. But it had fully controllable pets without the need for a mod and also included horses.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Both equaly
    Here's how I see it. The Sims 3 Pets had more content, both in the kinds of pets, the items for pets, and things to "do" and achieve with pets (hunting skill, etc.) That is fairly unarguable.

However, the cats and dogs in Sims 4 are more endearing to me personally. I think it boils down to certain details, especially in the animations. There's less to do with them (outside of the Vet career) but they feel more realistic and vibrant.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Both equaly
    I had to go both because - well horses are my all time fav animal - been riding since I was 7 so seeing Sims 3 had horses - I still love to play that game for that reason - along with open and huge worlds I can make as I want them. But I like the dogs and cats better in Sims 4. So I went with both.

I love the Sims 2 as well, but was not ever a fan of Sims 1 or Sims 2 pets at all.

So for fav pets for me is Sims 3 horses (and Unicorns too, of course) and Sims 4 Cats and dogs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I loved the Sims 2 one... can't remember much of the Sims 3 one.

But my dog just sits there looking at nothing all day, it's SO boring.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2018
    I liked the sims 2 version the best. It just feels more realistic to me to not have to directly control the pets which is why I actually had high hopes for sims 4 cats and dogs. However the pet AI in sims 2 seems to far outshine what they have done in sims 4 in every way.

When I had a pet in sims 2 they actually did things. They would play with their toys, or run around the house, or interact with other sims or pets etc. They also weren’t always perfect Angels, and required some train8ng and such from sims. it just felt satisfying to see them interact with the game world and felt like I actually had a pet in my sims home.

My experience with the sims 4 pack has been that pets never exhibit unwanted behaviors..... or wanted behaviors. They just kind of pace around. The cat will jump on and off the same counter top repeatedly, it has never used a scratching post, it payed no attention to the huge fancy cat tree. The dog lays down in one spot then another. They don’t play with toys unless directed to do so by a sim. They just honestly seem like poorly programmed robots instead of pets.

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    TS3 was more my style because it had horses and I am in the minority who liked controlling the pets. I guess that managing the perspective of the pets never bothered me.

I still like the TS4 EP. I know that the polling on making the pets controllable went in a different direction than mine so I'm not going to complain about it. I don't mind having the pets be more autonomous.

I like both EPs, though not necessarily equally. I do like Brindleton Bay a lot though I wish it were a little bigger. Also, without the horses, I focus more on the cats and dogs, obviously. It means that I play the two packs differently.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Guess I don't have a clear opinion here. I played TS3 pets the more, but I like how TS4 cats and dogs seem to have a more diverse personality.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I liked sims 2 the best. Horses were awesome in Sims 3 but the random horses running around were annoying.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    Simple: No horses come around to eat from your garden! :P
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    I prefer Sims 3 because they introduced Horses and that was really new and different. The Sims could ride the horses and that was cool, Sims 4 Cats and Dogs is just that Cats and Dogs nothing else it is like we went back not forward.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I enjoy all the pet expansions. 2, 3, and 4.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    Only because C&D actually has longevity with the Vet clinic, and Sims 3 Pets has awful animations that make me skip Pets altogether. Horses look terrible, and C&D have issues where they basically glide across the floor rather than move at the correct pace.

Sims 2 Pets is still best :)
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Both equaly
    Both are different that add different gameplay elements, I appreciate each for what they offer.
  • Options
    CrazyCoconutCrazyCoconut Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    Honestly my vote doesn't really count because I've only played sims 3, but judging by what I've seen in videos and reviews, I think I'd like sims 4 cats and dogs better, I really like that they've added a vet career, although I'm kinda disappointed they only added cats and dogs rather than a bigger range like in sims 3 pets. Hopefully I can get sims 4 c&d soon though :smiley:
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    I was skeptical about not being able to control the pets this time around, but seeing the AI in action has won me over. Good call Maxis.

I also appreciate that the neighborhoods aren't being overrun with strays.
  • Options
    charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Sims 3 pets
    Has more to offer imo and isn't an obvious ploy to release other pet-themed packs, rather than one as a whole.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
    It's pretty narrow. The main complaint seems to be the lack of Horses. I think we'll get horses in some kind of Game Pack though, probably with a bunch of smaller pets. Remember everything has to be made from scratch for Sims 4 because it's a different engine, and besides, EA never misses an opportunity to chop something up and serve it piecemeal.

If it results in better horses, I can live with it. But right now riding horses to get somewhere is kind of pointless, and in any case Cats and Dogs count towards your household limit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Both equaly
    Objectively, Sims 3 Pets is better just for the horses alone, but I enjoy playing them both.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top