Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to most in The Sims 4: Cottage Living?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Plus, the pretty cottage dresses & finding out what that mysterious green circular up in the green mountain is?

It is modeled after a circular maze at EA head quarters with snail in the middle.
    In an ideal world there would be a teeny 15x15 lot at the centre where you could plonk the village witch!

The new pack is going to make off-the-grid lots alot more fun to play. Plus I just really want to use all the new BB items to build big working farms.

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Where do the alligators appear
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

You can add them as decor to ponds, like with ducks etc. I don't know if they can attack you, perhaps they are just visuals.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm very excited for this pack... and I haven't felt this same excitement about a Sims 4 pack since the announcement for Seasons!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the cows and chickens! Also, the bunnies are adorable as well! I'm also very curious to learn more about the new world we're getting in the pack! :)

Also, who ISN'T excited about the fact that children can do the cross stitching and help with the cooking/baking!? I've been waiting for that for a LONG time now!

This pack definitely looks VERY promising! <3 I've been very critical about recent packs, but this one has truly captured my interest since it was announced! It's not entirely what I was looking for in a farming themed pack, but I'm definitely NOT disappointed either!

I am really looking forward to the new ''food delivery'' system & the errands system. Wondering tho if there's a way to live of of your farm and if there will be a proper place for farmers to sell their fruits & vegetables. I also hope there will be new festivals or events added, that's something I really like about TS4 and its callendar, worlds just feel alive like that. Anyway, I've had a lot of fun with TS4 lately!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2021
    EdithV wrote: »

You can add them as decor to ponds, like with ducks etc. I don't know if they can attack you, perhaps they are just visuals.

I hope we can feed animals we put in ponds, just like in GF, it'll be a little interaction but it's always better than nothing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I am looking forward to how much depth and game play this is going to add to my style of play! I mean, my decades sims are going to have actual farm chores to do!!!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I'm looking forward to beef wellington and a new world with swimmable areas! There was also a really cute outfit in the trailer I want.
  • Options
    RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    I am really looking forward to the cross stitching hobby and seeing how that works!
    I am curious about the new world...it sounds idyllic and quaint and I can't wait to build in it!
    All of the farming aspects and animals of course!
    I'm also excited to learn what's included that we still don't know about yet. I love the process of discovering new packs once you buy them, and all their hidden aspects. New objects, new color swatches, new recipes, new traits, new activities...I just can't wait for this pack. There are so many possibilities for fun game play!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »
    Alligators? I've seen that mentioned several times now. Is this really in the game or is it a mod?

So I heard it from a youtuber, who quoted a guru, but just that there are alligators, so I guess we will see if it is a new form of death.

It's not. It's just one of the VFX you can choose for ponds. Atmopheric. Like the Koi that came with SE.

Aren't there alligators in Selvadora? If so, I think they'll use those.

The alligators in Selvadarora aren't SFX Gators. These gators are SFX. They may be the same size or larger. I"m hoping the latter.
  • Options
    Re cross stitching.... EA promotes it as a new activity for children. Do we know for sure that also older sims can cross stitch? Asking for one of my Nifty Knitters Club members...
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Re cross stitching.... EA promotes it as a new activity for children. Do we know for sure that also older sims can cross stitch? Asking for one of my Nifty Knitters Club members...

You can see an adult cross-stitching in one of the official screenshots
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2021

I was also worried at first until I saw the screenshot with an adult cross stitching.
    screen2ep11.jpg

This is an official render. I found it here
    There also seems to be an embroided piece on display on the table at the right.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I was also worried at first until I saw the screenshot with an adult cross stitching.
    screen2ep11.jpg

Good to know it's for all ages. It would be wonderful if they could also hang the result on the wall, but I only saw them as display items on surfaces. Framed round custom embroidery would be great in a granny's house :) well, displayed on surface is cool, too I guess.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What I'm looking forward to:
    • The new world -- I know it only has 12 or so actual lots, but it seems to be a good sized world with lots of territory for exploration and finding collectibles.
    • Canning/using fresh ingredients/grocery shopping -- I like to do gardening Sims, but other than reducing the cost of recipes there's really not much use for the fresh produce other than selling it. I'm looking forward to the challenge of having to have the ingredients on hand to make meals, and canning will be great for keeping produce on hand (if we can use canned goods in cooking), or to give as gifts.
    • Cross-stitch -- combined with NK's Plopsy feature, it could be another good way to make money. My Sim just quit her job as a painter and has registered as a home crafter with the Ministry of Labor; she's currently working on knitting and I'll add in cross-stitch as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I'm very excited for this pack... and I haven't felt this same excitement about a Sims 4 pack since the announcement for Seasons!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the cows and chickens! Also, the bunnies are adorable as well! I'm also very curious to learn more about the new world we're getting in the pack! :)

Also, who ISN'T excited about the fact that children can do the cross stitching and help with the cooking/baking!? I've been waiting for that for a LONG time now!

This pack definitely looks VERY promising! <3 I've been very critical about recent packs, but this one has truly captured my interest since it was announced! It's not entirely what I was looking for in a farming themed pack, but I'm definitely NOT disappointed either!

I am really looking forward to the new ''food delivery'' system & the errands system. Wondering tho if there's a way to live of of your farm and if there will be a proper place for farmers to sell their fruits & vegetables. I also hope there will be new festivals or events added, that's something I really like about TS4 and its callendar, worlds just feel alive like that. Anyway, I've had a lot of fun with TS4 lately!

There's a grocery stall that will sell, well, groceries -- maybe there'll be a way to sell produce there. And the trailer showed the competition for the biggest fruit/vegetable -- wouldn't be surprised if they had one for animals as well.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

screen2ep11.jpg

There also seems to be an embroided piece on display on the table at the right.

I wonder if that's just something from BB, or if it's actually created by a Sim and there's an option to display (like the Place in World option) when the finished item is in the inventory. And I wonder if they can only be displayed on tables or if they can hang on the wall as well.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The beautiful rural world, farming with animals again and gardening, cross-stitch, canning and just living a self-sustaining lifestyle as a farming family! Looking forward to competing in the fair style contests and running into Mrs. Crumplebottom! Also looking forward to the children being able to help with gardening and cooking. I can finally have the children help make Christmas cookies for the holiday! I also like that more opportunities for parents to teach their children are coming into play.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    The more I think about it, the things I am looking forward to most are that lovely, lovely world and all the new bb.

And the attack chicken.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm most looking forward to all the new animals in this pack. Chickens, llama, cows, bunnies.

I'm also looking forward to the new Simple Living Lot Trait, where you have to collect your own ingredients to cook with. It will be cool to add some challenge to the game.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am unable to buy the pack at release, but that is not going to stop me from looking forward to the following: I like the lot challenges that are coming with the pack, group cooking, the fair, all the animals, canning. The ponds I think this pack is going to be so awesome. I also look forward to seeing all the photos that you all post.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love that you can wade next to someone who is fishing!
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I have to say I am pretty excited for all of it! I think my first pick would be the animals because they did such a great job with the cats and dogs so I'm excited to see the rest. I'm a big animal lover. But also I am a cottagecore enthusiast and English countryside lover so I'm thrilled at the new world theme.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The new lifestyle is what is pulling me in. Quaint little village nestled in the English countryside, far away from the hustle and bustle of big cities. Just seeing it in the videos makes me want to live there on couple of acres. I guess I've been waiting for a world like this in the game more than I realized. Everything featured in this pack that I've seen so far appeals to me on many levels. I can visualize myself becoming totally immersed in playing and letting time just slip away. Which hasn't happened for about a year. There are so many new activities to do! And some of these activities involve every member in the household. Gardening will have new meaning, new recipes, chickens and eggs, cows and milk, llamas that produce fiber for knitting, a new hobby in cross stitching that even the kids can master, a county fair, buying food rather than it magically appearing. And the backstories for the locals also sound very interesting because they are totally new, unlike the ones we've had which involve families that have been around for years. I'm excited about this pack in a way I haven't been since Seasons was announced. The only thing that bothers me is the gardening bug and how it will impact Cottage Living if the teams can't eradicate it before release day. I want this pack, but I won't buy it until that bug is gone.